or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › suede shoes - post 'em here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

suede shoes - post 'em here! - Page 11

post #151 of 2104
Hell, what do you brush them with? I've used rubber brushes, copperwire brushes and sandpaper; all didn't damage the suede.
post #152 of 2104
On one of Michael Alden's new 'Dress with Style' videos he visits a professional shoe shine who recommends using only crepe brushes. Also, when you brush, he says it should be in one direction at a time, not a see-saw motion back and forth. This helps keep the nap nice and fresh. I'll give it a shot next time I brush my shoes.
post #153 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post
Hell, what do you brush them with? I've used rubber brushes, copperwire brushes and sandpaper; all didn't damage the suede.

It's a rubber brush. I brush them over the bathroom sink, and once I'm done I see little bits of suede and dirt in it. Maybe it's because my pair is new?

I'm also thinking of vacuuming them after brushing. But really, it's so much work to do it after each wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
On one of Michael Alden's new 'Dress with Style' videos he visits a professional shoe shine who recommends using only crepe brushes. Also, when you brush, he says it should be in one direction at a time, not a see-saw motion back and forth. This helps keep the nap nice and fresh. I'll give it a shot next time I brush my shoes.

I watched that too.
post #154 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymo View Post
It's a rubber brush. I brush them over the bathroom sink, and once I'm done I see little bits of suede and dirt in it. Maybe it's because my pair is new?

Are you sure that it's bits of suede and not little rubber parts? You usually wear a rubber brush down after a few years of use.
post #155 of 2104
post #156 of 2104


Alden seconds from Shoemart.
post #157 of 2104
Wilhelm: What are those suede shoes. I like them
post #158 of 2104
Here are my Cole Haans.

post #159 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post


Alden seconds from Shoemart.

where do u get the seconds on shoemart? i can never find it. is it the clearance section?
post #160 of 2104
The seconds come via e-mail. Shoot them an e-mail and ask if you could get on the list.
post #161 of 2104
^^^ You need to call Shoemart and get on their email distribution list for seconds in your size. They send this email out periodically.
post #162 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post


Alden seconds from Shoemart.

Ok those are great. Do you know what they're called and what last they're on?
post #163 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post
Hell, what do you brush them with? I've used rubber brushes, copperwire brushes and sandpaper; all didn't damage the suede.

Do you really think it's sustainable and non-damaging to brush with metal on suede? I bet copperwire brushes do indeed tear on the suede. It's just a matter of how much.

Rubber is the way to go I think. I use a copperwire brush very rarely.

post #164 of 2104
Gucci



Lobb


Ferragamo



Would love to dye these a dark tobacco brown but a bit wary...
post #165 of 2104
Quote:
Originally Posted by guster View Post
Wilhelm: What are those suede shoes. I like them

They are made to order by Cliff Roberts of Northampton on a bespoke last from Spring Line.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › suede shoes - post 'em here!