or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › suede shoes - post 'em here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

suede shoes - post 'em here! - Page 96

post #1426 of 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post


would HIGHLY recommend the Alden Leydon chukkas. theyre amazing

 

I also recommend the Alden leydon chukkas.

post #1427 of 2103
The Alden chukkas on the Leydon last are very comfortable but the price point is ridiculous. I can justify that price for other types of shoes, but for an unlined chukka that is supposed to look very casual? It seems like it's about $100 too much, but that's personal opinion of course.
post #1428 of 2103
^
I agree. (But still bought them...)
post #1429 of 2103

Ha, all the Alden shoes are about $100 too much.  But they are backlogged something like 9-12 months?  They can charge what they want.

post #1430 of 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post

The Alden chukkas on the Leydon last are very comfortable but the price point is ridiculous. I can justify that price for other types of shoes, but for an unlined chukka that is supposed to look very casual? It seems like it's about $100 too much, but that's personal opinion of course.

Buy em used or pony up for new. Don't think you understand how fine the materials are. Amazing suede. The oiled soles are part of the premium too.
post #1431 of 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Buy em used or pony up for new. Don't think you understand how fine the materials are. Amazing suede. The oiled soles are part of the premium too.

I've seen them in person and worn them. Very impressive shoe, just not worth $460 in my eyes. I'm not chiding anyone who has bought them.

Are there any quality suede shoes I can get for around $350 new? Looking for a good shoe to wear in business casual environment when I don't want to put on nicer balmorals but still want to be put together and presentable.

EDIT: Just ordered the suede Loake Kempton's from pediwear.
Edited by Badandy - 2/26/13 at 5:58pm
post #1432 of 2103
I own loake camdens, I think someone posted a pair in navy in this thread, but mine's beige. They are on the same last as loake kemptons but appear much bulkier due to the light colour and 360 welt + crepe sole. I can only wear them with washed denim and some very light coloured ensemble up top otherwise they will stick out... I am considering recrafting them with kempton's dainite or double leather sole....
post #1433 of 2103
What model C&J is this on Ben Silver?

http://www.bensilver.com/Tobacco-Suede-Unlined-Chukka-Boots,5230.html#.US2MsKUQbng

Do any other companies make unlined chukkas? I like the loose feel in the ankle area.
post #1434 of 2103
EG

post #1435 of 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

What model C&J is this on Ben Silver?
Looks like the 'Chukka' on last 200. Note that this C&J comes in a D width not the usual E, so you may have to size up (I did).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Do any other companies make unlined chukkas?
Alden.
post #1436 of 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Do any other companies make unlined chukkas? I like the loose feel in the ankle area.

Alden does, and Allen Edmonds used to make the Amok (on clearance currently). The suede quality on the Amok is supposedly not that great, but I've heard nothing but good things about the suede on the Alden unlined chukkas.
post #1437 of 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

EG


Gorgeous  .  .  .

post #1438 of 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Looks like the 'Chukka' on last 200. Note that this C&J comes in a D width not the usual E, so you may have to size up (I did).
Alden.

Well, duh on Alden biggrin.gif jk

Thanks for the CJ info
post #1439 of 2103
smile.gif

They're obviously quite different; I like 'em both but for different occasions.
post #1440 of 2103
Blue Suede Shoes. First Pair.

Cheapo, Land's End.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › suede shoes - post 'em here!