Great post and welcome!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Today at 1:57 am in Classic Menswear
- All sold Last post on 2/19/11 at 11:26am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread Last post on 3/4/14 at 5:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka, 10.5E, Leydon Last Last post on 6/9/13 at 7:09pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden x LeatherSoul Natty Longwings LWB 9D Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:12pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
suede shoes - post 'em here! - Page 90
Styles mentioned in this thread:
My first post here, so pardon if I have failed proper protocol in not posting in an introductions area. I just love, love, love suede wingtips and had to jump on and post something. In fact, coming of age in NYC years ago I first fell in love with the brown, suede wingtip. Every time I see a pair, and a really good pair for that matter, it brings me back to those shoes and the person who wore them. Just had to share. BTW, glad to be here.
Welcome! Now post some pictures.
Re-made MTO modified oxford pair with black suede uppers, slim leather sole, dark purple lining. Natural welt top with white stitching, Hiro last.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cleaning Suede Shoes (Click to show)
Now wait untill they're dry...
* * *
– I brushed the shoes to get rid of dust and dirt. I also cleaned the soles with an old brush.
– I put some of the suede shampoo (the small bottle in the pic) in a bowl of water (let's say 1:10 ratio shampoo/water)
– I rinsed the shoes under a running tap (lukewarm); made them real wet (while trying to keep the inside of the shoe dry)
– I took the yellow side of the spunge (not the scratchy green side), dipped it in the bowl with shampoo/water and 'brushed' the whole shoe
– I left it with the shampoo on for a few minutes
– Then I rinsed the shoe under a running tap to remove the soap
– Then I repeated the process and gave the laces a litte rinse in the bowl
– After that, I put newspapers inside the shoe to get the inside dry
– I left the paper in for an hour or so and then put the shoe trees back in
Now, I'll leave them to dry for a day or so (don't know how long it will take). If they're dry tomorrow, I'll give them a brush
(I use a regular shoe brush, the one you see in the first picture, not a suede brush) and then spray them with Saphir Super
Invulner spray (the black spray can). After that, I'll apply Saphir Rénovateur to the sole edges and the soles themselves.
I leave that to dry for say half an hour. If the edges need some colour, I'll use a medium brown Saphir crème to touch
up the colour. I might do part of the sole as well. I'll leave that to dry, and give it a brush for a nice finish.
That's about it, I think.
* * *
Rénavateur applied on the sole edges:
The suede still feels a bit damp, so I'm going to let it dry some more.
Also did the soles:
* * *
Added some brown wax on to finish the sole edges:
What's left to do: brush and spray (when the leather is completely dry.
Result (Click to show)
I just washed to pairs of cheap BB shoes using Saphir suede cleaner and water. If I like the way those turn out I will attempt my EG.
Since the Hanger Project is out, where else can you get the suede spray?
I'm on the other side of the pond; I get my Saphir supplies in The Netherlands.
I see Im not alone, aren't they beautiful :)
A pair of suede beaters. Had these for about 10 years and they still look pretty awesome with jeans. I've been unable to find a replacement for these. They're Kenneth Cole - Made in Italy. Very comfortable shoes. If anyone knows a good alternative or place to find this exact model send a pm.
- suede shoes - post 'em here!
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 28 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Formal Tuxedo Shirt: Single Cuffs vs. French Cuffs 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › NWT Club Monaco slim fit Floral Shirt 11 minutes ago
- › Flat Head 3002 Size 36x32 11 minutes ago
- › Lacoste Polo Logo Removal? 11 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw