Great post and welcome!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 9:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- All sold Last post on 2/19/11 at 11:26am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:52 am in Streetwear and Denim
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
suede shoes - post 'em here! - Page 90post #1337 of 249411/2/12 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by scardude
My first post here, so pardon if I have failed proper protocol in not posting in an introductions area. I just love, love, love suede wingtips and had to jump on and post something. In fact, coming of age in NYC years ago I first fell in love with the brown, suede wingtip. Every time I see a pair, and a really good pair for that matter, it brings me back to those shoes and the person who wore them. Just had to share. BTW, glad to be here.
Welcome! Now post some pictures.post #1338 of 249411/2/12 at 8:10pmpost #1339 of 249411/2/12 at 11:19pmpost #1340 of 249411/3/12 at 1:10ampost #1341 of 249411/3/12 at 6:28amCross-posting from Meermin thread. I dislike suede shoes in general, but there is something queer and wonderful about white and black suede. One wouldn't think of suede with these colours and yet they do work.
Re-made MTO modified oxford pair with black suede uppers, slim leather sole, dark purple lining. Natural welt top with white stitching, Hiro last.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)[/quote]post #1342 of 249411/3/12 at 6:37amQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
Cleaning Suede Shoes (Click to show)Operation Tetbury
Now wait untill they're dry...
* * *
– I brushed the shoes to get rid of dust and dirt. I also cleaned the soles with an old brush.
– I put some of the suede shampoo (the small bottle in the pic) in a bowl of water (let's say 1:10 ratio shampoo/water)
– I rinsed the shoes under a running tap (lukewarm); made them real wet (while trying to keep the inside of the shoe dry)
– I took the yellow side of the spunge (not the scratchy green side), dipped it in the bowl with shampoo/water and 'brushed' the whole shoe
– I left it with the shampoo on for a few minutes
– Then I rinsed the shoe under a running tap to remove the soap
– Then I repeated the process and gave the laces a litte rinse in the bowl
– After that, I put newspapers inside the shoe to get the inside dry
– I left the paper in for an hour or so and then put the shoe trees back in
Now, I'll leave them to dry for a day or so (don't know how long it will take). If they're dry tomorrow, I'll give them a brush
(I use a regular shoe brush, the one you see in the first picture, not a suede brush) and then spray them with Saphir Super
Invulner spray (the black spray can). After that, I'll apply Saphir Rénovateur to the sole edges and the soles themselves.
I leave that to dry for say half an hour. If the edges need some colour, I'll use a medium brown Saphir crème to touch
up the colour. I might do part of the sole as well. I'll leave that to dry, and give it a brush for a nice finish.
That's about it, I think.
* * *
Rénavateur applied on the sole edges:
The suede still feels a bit damp, so I'm going to let it dry some more.
Also did the soles:
* * *
Added some brown wax on to finish the sole edges:
What's left to do: brush and spray (when the leather is completely dry.
Result (Click to show)post #1343 of 249411/3/12 at 10:43amQuote:
I just washed to pairs of cheap BB shoes using Saphir suede cleaner and water. If I like the way those turn out I will attempt my EG.
Since the Hanger Project is out, where else can you get the suede spray?post #1344 of 249411/3/12 at 11:01amQuote:
I'm on the other side of the pond; I get my Saphir supplies in The Netherlands.post #1345 of 249412/14/12 at 5:06ampost #1346 of 249412/14/12 at 11:27pmpost #1347 of 249412/15/12 at 12:54ampost #1348 of 249412/15/12 at 5:46ampost #1349 of 249412/16/12 at 5:13amQuote:
I see Im not alone, aren't they beautiful :)post #1350 of 249412/27/12 at 4:15pm
A pair of suede beaters. Had these for about 10 years and they still look pretty awesome with jeans. I've been unable to find a replacement for these. They're Kenneth Cole - Made in Italy. Very comfortable shoes. If anyone knows a good alternative or place to find this exact model send a pm.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 23 seconds ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › APC New Standard (Sz 28) 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Black Park Avenue 8.5E 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 9 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...