Great post and welcome!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on Yesterday at 8:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- All sold Last post on 2/19/11 at 11:26am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- ***The official Alden thread *** Last post on Today at 10:04 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen 12D Horween Last post on 7/4/15 at 10:03am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
suede shoes - post 'em here! - Page 90
Styleforum Top Picks
My first post here, so pardon if I have failed proper protocol in not posting in an introductions area. I just love, love, love suede wingtips and had to jump on and post something. In fact, coming of age in NYC years ago I first fell in love with the brown, suede wingtip. Every time I see a pair, and a really good pair for that matter, it brings me back to those shoes and the person who wore them. Just had to share. BTW, glad to be here.
Welcome! Now post some pictures.
Re-made MTO modified oxford pair with black suede uppers, slim leather sole, dark purple lining. Natural welt top with white stitching, Hiro last.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cleaning Suede Shoes (Click to show)
Now wait untill they're dry...
* * *
– I brushed the shoes to get rid of dust and dirt. I also cleaned the soles with an old brush.
– I put some of the suede shampoo (the small bottle in the pic) in a bowl of water (let's say 1:10 ratio shampoo/water)
– I rinsed the shoes under a running tap (lukewarm); made them real wet (while trying to keep the inside of the shoe dry)
– I took the yellow side of the spunge (not the scratchy green side), dipped it in the bowl with shampoo/water and 'brushed' the whole shoe
– I left it with the shampoo on for a few minutes
– Then I rinsed the shoe under a running tap to remove the soap
– Then I repeated the process and gave the laces a litte rinse in the bowl
– After that, I put newspapers inside the shoe to get the inside dry
– I left the paper in for an hour or so and then put the shoe trees back in
Now, I'll leave them to dry for a day or so (don't know how long it will take). If they're dry tomorrow, I'll give them a brush
(I use a regular shoe brush, the one you see in the first picture, not a suede brush) and then spray them with Saphir Super
Invulner spray (the black spray can). After that, I'll apply Saphir Rénovateur to the sole edges and the soles themselves.
I leave that to dry for say half an hour. If the edges need some colour, I'll use a medium brown Saphir crème to touch
up the colour. I might do part of the sole as well. I'll leave that to dry, and give it a brush for a nice finish.
That's about it, I think.
* * *
Rénavateur applied on the sole edges:
The suede still feels a bit damp, so I'm going to let it dry some more.
Also did the soles:
* * *
Added some brown wax on to finish the sole edges:
What's left to do: brush and spray (when the leather is completely dry.
Result (Click to show)
I just washed to pairs of cheap BB shoes using Saphir suede cleaner and water. If I like the way those turn out I will attempt my EG.
Since the Hanger Project is out, where else can you get the suede spray?
I'm on the other side of the pond; I get my Saphir supplies in The Netherlands.
I see Im not alone, aren't they beautiful :)
A pair of suede beaters. Had these for about 10 years and they still look pretty awesome with jeans. I've been unable to find a replacement for these. They're Kenneth Cole - Made in Italy. Very comfortable shoes. If anyone knows a good alternative or place to find this exact model send a pm.
- suede shoes - post 'em here!
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 56 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 4 minutes ago
- › Cigars 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Reigning Champ Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread 13 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth