Good stuff! Who's the maker?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- All sold Last post on 2/19/11 at 11:26am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:52 am in Streetwear and Denim
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
suede shoes - post 'em here! - Page 89post #1321 of 249310/27/12 at 6:49ampost #1322 of 249310/27/12 at 8:11ampost #1323 of 249310/27/12 at 8:15ampost #1324 of 249310/27/12 at 8:36ampost #1325 of 249311/2/12 at 8:37ampost #1326 of 249311/2/12 at 9:49amCleaning Suede Shoes (Click to show)Operation Tetbury
Now wait untill they're dry...
* * *
– I brushed the shoes to get rid of dust and dirt. I also cleaned the soles with an old brush.
– I put some of the suede shampoo (the small bottle in the pic) in a bowl of water (let's say 1:10 ratio shampoo/water)
– I rinsed the shoes under a running tap (lukewarm); made them real wet (while trying to keep the inside of the shoe dry)
– I took the yellow side of the spunge (not the scratchy green side), dipped it in the bowl with shampoo/water and 'brushed' the whole shoe
– I left it with the shampoo on for a few minutes
– Then I rinsed the shoe under a running tap to remove the soap
– Then I repeated the process and gave the laces a litte rinse in the bowl
– After that, I put newspapers inside the shoe to get the inside dry
– I left the paper in for an hour or so and then put the shoe trees back in
Now, I'll leave them to dry for a day or so (don't know how long it will take). If they're dry tomorrow, I'll give them a brush
(I use a regular shoe brush, the one you see in the first picture, not a suede brush) and then spray them with Saphir Super
Invulner spray (the black spray can). After that, I'll apply Saphir Rénovateur to the sole edges and the soles themselves.
I leave that to dry for say half an hour. If the edges need some colour, I'll use a medium brown Saphir crème to touch
up the colour. I might do part of the sole as well. I'll leave that to dry, and give it a brush for a nice finish.
That's about it, I think.
* * *
Rénavateur applied on the sole edges:
The suede still feels a bit damp, so I'm going to let it dry some more.
Also did the soles:
* * *
Added some brown wax on to finish the sole edges:
What's left to do: brush and spray (when the leather is completely dry.post #1327 of 249311/2/12 at 10:15ampost #1328 of 249311/2/12 at 10:21ampost #1329 of 249311/2/12 at 10:22ampost #1330 of 249311/2/12 at 10:37ampost #1331 of 249311/2/12 at 11:18ampost #1332 of 249311/2/12 at 11:50ampost #1333 of 249311/2/12 at 4:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by wigglr
What's your opinion regarding this http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/saphir-suede-spray.html#.UJQVjUKIKfQ , NOBD?
It seems my brown suede shoes may need some coloring but I've never done such a task before.
My experience (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by NOBD
I used the right one: RÃ©novateur, colour 05 - marron foncÃ© (dark brown).
Sprayed the left shoe, brushed the right one (against the nap).
Both sprayed. The left on already dried a little and is a bit lighter because of that.
I'd use gloves. The spray is rather 'painty'. And I'd only use it on dark brown shoes.
After an hour:post #1334 of 249311/2/12 at 4:55pmpost #1335 of 249311/2/12 at 5:02pm
My first post here, so pardon if I have failed proper protocol in not posting in an introductions area. I just love, love, love suede wingtips and had to jump on and post something. In fact, coming of age in NYC years ago I first fell in love with the brown, suede wingtip. Every time I see a pair, and a really good pair for that matter, it brings me back to those shoes and the person who wore them. Just had to share. BTW, glad to be here.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Viccel.com socks 4 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 5 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 12 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 14 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 17 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...