or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › suede shoes - post 'em here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

suede shoes - post 'em here! - Page 88

post #1306 of 2173

Sorry guys it's a pair of Tod's :) Bought them via Luxeswap/Spoopoker.

post #1307 of 2173
Wow! Great stuff for Tod's.
post #1308 of 2173

post #1309 of 2173
Loake Pimlico in dark brown suede:

KSJQb.jpg

XSOYW.jpg
post #1310 of 2173
Hampton, Tods once again only in a different color?
Clark, great shoe for autumn/winter days without a lot of salt out on the streets.
How many of those do you have up north in Sweden?
Do they run a regular or narrow width?
post #1311 of 2173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Hampton, Tods once again only in a different color?
Clark, great shoe for autumn/winter days without a lot of salt out on the streets.
How many of those do you have up north in Sweden?

biggrin.gif. It is not actually too bad where I live, and they only salt the highways, but of course grainy leather is better for an all-round winter shoe but I already have plenty of these.
Quote:
Do they run a regular or narrow width?

I haven't worn them much, but my initial thought when trying them on is that they run slightly big and wider than they look. They are an F fit, which is regular.

BTW, I got them at a great price at Pediwear; I'm a Loake member there (become one when I bought a couple of Loake shoes 5 years ago), so I got £25 discount, plus free shoe trees and a free tie. All for £162 shipped.

/C
post #1312 of 2173
Cross post from "Rock Your Socks"

EG 888 with PS socks, BB pants:



post #1313 of 2173

Same shoe (flash on the camera maybe) yepp these are my only casual shoes for the winter i'll be wearing them out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Hampton, Tods once again only in a different color?
post #1314 of 2173
I'm still on the prowl for some suede kicks. Here's the deal, I work in a fairly formal office so I could only get some Friday usage out of suede from time to time. With a couple of 2yo's running around the house, my wife and I don't go out too often. So my ability to wear them is limited. Therefore, I don't want to spend much. Really $200 is all I care to do.

I found the Florsheim Haviland, which I thought was interesting because it had a longwing style. However, when I received them I found the shoes to be pretty clunky. I am a slim guy, and at first review they look wrong with all of my pants - dress, chino, or jeans. Sort of like I am wearing my own pants but a bigger person's shoes.

So now I'm back to square one. I know this may be hard given that people on SF don't typically dip to the sub $200 price point (or sub $300 or $400 or $800 smile.gif) but if anyone has ideas of a slimmer lasted shoe I am all ears. The answer might be nothing, which is fine. This is a "nice to have" instead of "must have" purchase. thanks in advance.

Edit: I am also talking about a dress shoe model, not chukka.
post #1315 of 2173

The gold standard for sleek seems to be Carmina x The Armory suede shoes on the Simpson last, is that what you are thinking of as slim? In the lower price range, there are some reasonable options. My suggestions are the semi-sleek Loake Aldwych in suede (pictured, order from here) or one of the four kinds of Meermins.

 

post #1316 of 2173
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I'm still on the prowl for some suede kicks. Here's the deal, I work in a fairly formal office so I could only get some Friday usage out of suede from time to time. With a couple of 2yo's running around the house, my wife and I don't go out too often. So my ability to wear them is limited. Therefore, I don't want to spend much. Really $200 is all I care to do.
I found the Florsheim Haviland, which I thought was interesting because it had a longwing style. However, when I received them I found the shoes to be pretty clunky. I am a slim guy, and at first review they look wrong with all of my pants - dress, chino, or jeans. Sort of like I am wearing my own pants but a bigger person's shoes.
So now I'm back to square one. I know this may be hard given that people on SF don't typically dip to the sub $200 price point (or sub $300 or $400 or $800 smile.gif) but if anyone has ideas of a slimmer lasted shoe I am all ears. The answer might be nothing, which is fine. This is a "nice to have" instead of "must have" purchase. thanks in advance.
Edit: I am also talking about a dress shoe model, not chukka.

Allen Edmonds Player in chocolate suede

post #1317 of 2173
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I'm still on the prowl for some suede kicks. Here's the deal, I work in a fairly formal office so I could only get some Friday usage out of suede from time to time. With a couple of 2yo's running around the house, my wife and I don't go out too often. So my ability to wear them is limited. Therefore, I don't want to spend much. Really $200 is all I care to do.
I found the Florsheim Haviland, which I thought was interesting because it had a longwing style. However, when I received them I found the shoes to be pretty clunky. I am a slim guy, and at first review they look wrong with all of my pants - dress, chino, or jeans. Sort of like I am wearing my own pants but a bigger person's shoes.
So now I'm back to square one. I know this may be hard given that people on SF don't typically dip to the sub $200 price point (or sub $300 or $400 or $800 smile.gif) but if anyone has ideas of a slimmer lasted shoe I am all ears. The answer might be nothing, which is fine. This is a "nice to have" instead of "must have" purchase. thanks in advance.
Edit: I am also talking about a dress shoe model, not chukka.

Bexley has some cheapish suede shoes if you can find a model you like.
Edited by SHS - 10/26/12 at 5:21pm
post #1318 of 2173

Gents of the suede persuasion, room for one more member? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

post #1319 of 2173

those suede shoes are perfect but really hard to take care,

any instructions how to make em look good

any step, rain or dust make it look ugly and very hard to restore

post #1320 of 2173
Quote:
Originally Posted by owin View Post

those suede shoes are perfect but really hard to take care,

any instructions how to make em look good

any step, rain or dust make it look ugly and very hard to restore

Just some spray and that's it. Not hard at all.

 

700


Edited by Hampton - 10/27/12 at 4:30pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › suede shoes - post 'em here!