Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 7:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- All sold Last post on 2/19/11 at 11:26am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread Last post on Today at 6:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
suede shoes - post 'em here! - Page 87
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1292 of 23999/26/12 at 3:20pmpost #1293 of 23999/26/12 at 4:27pmpost #1294 of 23999/27/12 at 8:08ampost #1295 of 23999/28/12 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Patek
I don't know what your budget is but I do love my EG. You can find similar models from other makers but I have two pairs of shoes that I have worn with everything from a casual suit to jeans:
In addition, I don't know what people here are spraying on their shoes but I advise against it. Suede should be brushed and cleaned regularly. It will start to get some patina with time but as long as you are not changing your oil in them they clean off just fine. Also, I don't understand some member's fear of water as suede can be washed.
Both are great looking. I have a pair of boots in dark brown suede that is very similar looking, but mine are made by Ron Rider.
-LRpost #1296 of 23999/28/12 at 8:57ampost #1297 of 23999/28/12 at 11:41amQuote:
The handgrade line is made in Taiwan and the benchgrade line is made in Vietnam. With the lower cost of labor there we're able to put a lot more handwork in these, more than even C&J handgrade.post #1298 of 239910/2/12 at 10:42ampost #1299 of 239910/2/12 at 10:44amQuote:
I have examples from CJ and LM Meermins. My Wang chukka boots are on par with both, love em.
Thanks Kent.post #1300 of 239910/4/12 at 3:06ampost #1301 of 239910/4/12 at 4:04ampost #1302 of 239910/4/12 at 4:06ampost #1303 of 239910/5/12 at 9:07ampost #1304 of 239910/5/12 at 10:08am
- suede shoes - post 'em here!
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Cars We Drive! 31 seconds ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 50 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...