or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Self Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIH07 - BORN TUFF
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Self Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIH07 - BORN TUFF - Page 3

post #31 of 250
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post
@Kiya: is the black denim yarn-dyed or piece-dyed? if yarn-dyed, are the weft cores undyed, ala PBJ 007? or 45rpm nando x nando?

It's overdyed, which is a term describing the process of garment dying. The entire garment is cut and sewn (out of indigo denim), then the entire thing is dipped into a fugitive pigment dye.
post #32 of 250
Are these Zipper fly? This over-dyed process is the same as 3sixteen black coated?

Dam that's tempting. If i was gonna drop 500 on a pair of jeans... Ironheart overdyed vs kmw hand-dyed... hmm
post #33 of 250
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DECEMBER View Post
Are these Zipper fly?

Button fly.
post #34 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
It's overdyed, which is a term describing the process of garment dying. The entire garment is cut and sewn (out of indigo denim), then the entire thing is dipped into a fugitive pigment dye.
tnx. so, basically, the same denim was used on both models. only difference is that, the blacks were piece dip-dyed in "fugitive pigment dye", right?

sorry for the moronic questions. 445+tax is serious jeans purchase. i'm just trying to visualize how they're going to fade. i've seen some overdyes that did not fade to [usual denim] white ... instead, had a dull, monochromatic fading effect. in a nutshell, 2 fading stages on atari areas__ from black to indigo, then from indigo to [the usual] bare/undyed yarn core. pls correct me if i'm wrong.
post #35 of 250
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post
sorry for the moronic questions. 445+tax is serious jeans purchase. i'm just trying to visualize how they're going to fade. i've seen some overdyes that did not fade to [usual denim] white ... instead, had a dull, monochromatic fading effect. in a nutshell, 2 fading stages on atari areas__ from black to indigo, then from indigo to [the usual] bare/undyed yarn core. pls correct me if i'm wrong.

That is partially correct.. the fading isn't very dull, at least it hasn't been on past Iron Heart overdyed jeans.
post #36 of 250
^can you link me to a worn, faded pair of previous IH overdye? tnx in advance.
post #37 of 250
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post
^can you link me to a worn, faded pair of previous IH overdye? tnx in advance.

There are photos within the Iron Heart thread on Superfuture, that thread is extremely long and i don't know where it is in there.. there aren't many photos, there's less than a 100 pairs of Overdyed IH jeans out there with people.
post #38 of 250
This might be my next denim. I always wanted a pair of Ironheart.
post #39 of 250
F*** I want these jeans. Guess I'll KOP if a 34 is available when I get back Saturday night after the game
post #40 of 250
man this is so tempting....black overdyed here I come...<.<
post #41 of 250
like killing 3 birds with 1 stone ... a lighter weight IH + a black pair + indigo fades [towards the back end]
post #42 of 250
Yeah perfect timing too...
post #43 of 250
when you guys tested a pair to determine how much they shrink, were they washed or just hot soaked? If hot soaked, how long?
post #44 of 250
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby11303 View Post
when you guys tested a pair to determine how much they shrink, were they washed or just hot soaked? If hot soaked, how long?

Hot soaked for 40 minutes then line dried. From there i can determine how much it'll shrink in total everywhere, and that's how we get the numbers in the disclaimer at the bottom of every product page.
post #45 of 250
i hope i don't get so drunk watching the bama game that i forget to order!!!!! ah!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Self Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIH07 - BORN TUFF