• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Party Food That Rocks

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you guys help me think of some great food that isn't messy and is fun to eat.

My Holiday party last year consisted of Booze and BBQ. the BBQ was good but people were afraid of the Beef ribs.
I want something that I haven't done before so
BBQ, sushi, and pizza's are out!

Best,
mauro

ashpool

Reaction score
Good nachos = win

Sashimi is also good if you are not squeamish about raw fish.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those little sausages encased in pastry

Yika

Reaction score
Satay !

180px-LauPaSat_Satay.JPG

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
one of the easiest things is to serve better food. Instead of Cracker Barrel "sharp" cheddar, upgrade to a premium brand like Diamond. Instead of vienna sausages, get some fresh sausage or Kielbasa made by a butcher.

For food ideas, chicken satay is golden. Get a recipe for an easy peanut sauce (I can give you one if you wish), get some high quality ingredients, fresh chicken, great curry powder, grill it up, and eat away. Delicious.

At one party I threw, I only had perfect baguettes and 7-8 different toppings from a big variety of French and Italian cheeses, cured meats, excellent quality prosciutto, cabonnata, bruschetta, and a big quantity of wine. Very well received. I'd add more food for a holiday party, but this stuff was easy to prepare, easy to clean up, and versatile.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ooopps sorry satay has been doneover and over.
I am thinking something more high brow.
It's at my store so nothing greasy that could ruin the clothing.

Best,
mauro

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
beef tenderloin roast. They had the recipe in GQ this month, oddly enough, and it looked excellent (and super easy).

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
ooopps sorry satay has been doneover and over.
I am thinking something more high brow.
It's at my store so nothing greasy that could ruin the clothing.

Best,
mauro

nothing greasy??? jeezus, what a **** party.

Anyway, shrimp cocktails, finger sandwiches from some fancy place, swedish meatballs (lamb or veal), charcuterie

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ro-Tel Dip - Melted velveeta mixed with a can of with Ro-Tel chopped tomatoes with jalapeno peppers. I used to have this all the time when I lived in Memphis...it's almost totally unknown north of the Mason-Dixon Line. http://www.ro-tel.com/recipe.jsp?act...2693&view=view

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The chicks might be greasy.
tongue.gif

I will have anywhere from 30 to 100 people. So let's take this into mind.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given your parameters I don't think it would work, but I am bringing a brie to a party tonight. I slowly caramelize red onions over the course of 2-3 hours and about an hour in I drizzle a little balsamic vinegar and a very small amount of brown sugar. Let continue to caramelize, put on top of brie, bake for 10 minutes until cheese is soft, serve with baguettes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads