• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

University people... how long were you there?

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Some months ago I actually made a thread here about how ****** I had done in my first year of university... well as of now I have pretty much snapped out of it and I will be off my academic probation and in good standing as of December, with a change in degree to a joint bsc mathematics & economics... but due to my **** ups I am going to be here for at LEAST five years; mostly because I have to back-track for prerequisites before I can move up.

I am thinking I should just take spring and summer classes all year too... then I could be out in 4 1/2 or maybe even four if I had the diligence (don't think I do). Anyone else end up taking forever just to get a god damned bachelors?

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will graduate in 3 years if I stay at my current school, 4 if I transfer.
smile.gif

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
Anyone else end up taking forever just to get a god damned bachelors?

yes. life happens.

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
You might be surprised at how many people went through the same thing you're going through. Even our current president was a royal flunkie (and junkie btw) his first two years at Occidental College, before he "snapped out of it".

Some might tell you to go easy on yourself, but from what little I can tell about you from your post, I'd give the exact opposite advice: keep pushing yourself as hard as you can, including year-round classes if you can handle them.

chasna090

Reaction score
yea this is my 3rd semester and i just started pulling up on my grades
my advice is take summer classes as well

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Summer classes are great, take your most difficult classes then if you can.

kimchikowboy

Reaction score
On and off since 1984. As Calvin (the one with the stuffed tiger from the comics, not the Methodist) said, "I'm gonna ride that educational gravy train until they kick me off screaming."
Since I work at a uni, I hope to be riding for a very long time.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 years. Wish I took longer.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Try getting married and having a couple of kids while you're in your undergrad program, then come talk to me.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
yes. life happens.

+1. I am working and doing school at the same time, and I'll be damn surprised if I actually finish my 2-year degree in 2 years.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finished in four years, double-majoring in History and Biology. However I was always stressed out and never got laid.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finished in 4 1/4 years, dual major, dean's list, worked full time, went partying with some frequency, would play poker until 2 or 3 am, had several GF's including 2 relatively longterm; it's all doable if you put the effort.

Cavalier

Reaction score
If we are talking undergrad most people finish in 4-5 years these days.

Graduate degrees are almost becoming necessary in a lot of fields that you wouldn't have thought of (education, social work,etc.) and of course all the standards (law, med, accounting, engineering) for the most part need additional schooling beyond a 4 year degree.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 yrs for undergrad. It took my brother 6 with transferring, etc. Of course he pursued his dream of playing hockey at high levels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads