or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Chemical Toxicity of Edge Dressing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chemical Toxicity of Edge Dressing

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I'm wondering if there is a non-toxic black edge dressing available. I've accepted that Kiwi wax is toxic but I very rarely use it and store it like chemical waste in a box.
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Archer View Post
I'm wondering if there is a non-toxic black edge dressing available. I've accepted that Kiwi wax is toxic but I very rarely use it and store it like chemical waste in a box.

You can use paste wax as an edge dressing.
post #3 of 9
Non-toxic markers?
post #4 of 9
Perhaps a charcoal briquette would work (no sheen of course).
post #5 of 9
Are you planning on feeding it to any pets or small children?
post #6 of 9
I always use my edge dressing in the middle of a field using all the sensible Personal Protective Equipment ie Air fed mask, rubber gloves, full protective suit, wellingtons & eye protection. This is , of course, after supplying the farmer with a full Method Procedure & Safety Plan outlining any emergency procedures if things go wrong. I personally know someone in the Fire Brigade so that always helps as hes always on hand.

This is a wind up question isnt it ?? If its not i feel for you and you really need some form of help but im struggling to figure out what type of help. Life must be extremely hard for you if shoe polish is classed as toxic !!!! Do you worry about things like getting corn flakes stuck in your throat and choking?? Do you always soften them before eating?? I'm intrigued..... the list of possible life threatening scenarios is endless. Padded room for safety ????
post #7 of 9
I wear a helmet when walking.
post #8 of 9
Just try not to inhale too much of the chemical while your apply it. I seriously doubt the 5 minutes of exposure to edge dressing will be your worst encounter with the world of chemistry during the course of your day. You are probably getting a bigger dose of man-made hydrocarbons walking down the street.
post #9 of 9
Some shoe polish uses natural turpentine from pine trees rather than petro-chemicals, not sure it's a lot better to inhale though. Just ventilate the area well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Chemical Toxicity of Edge Dressing