• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Gucci loafers go on sale?

baseball_guy

Reaction score
I like the gucci bit loafers. Have they gone on sale in the past, or does Gucci only sell for full retail?

Are Gucci loafers shoes that can be restored, like AE's and Bruno Magli can have the heel and sole replaces and the uppers restored to look new? If I am going to drop $600+ on Gucci, I would like some reassurance it will last a long time and not just a couple years.

Please, if you own Gucci tell me your experience and post photos of your Gucci. Thanks. I would like to see how they look after a couple years of wear.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gucci loafers go on sale all of the time. Used on eBay.

Now post some pics so we can turn this into a proper threak.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baseball_guy
I like the gucci bit loafers. Have they gone on sale in the past, or does Gucci only sell for full retail?

Are Gucci loafers shoes that can be restored, like AE's and Bruno Magli can have the heel and sole replaces and the uppers restored to look new? If I am going to drop $600+ on Gucci, I would like some reassurance it will last a long time and not just a couple years.

Please, if you own Gucci tell me your experience and post photos of your Gucci. Thanks. I would like to see how they look after a couple years of wear.

lot of the gucci loafers do go on sale at winter close to xmas time. in the spring they get shipped off to the factory stores for 50% off in midyear.

ive had a few gucci shoes. and the loafers (the classic bit loafer ones) do last a long time. ive only had them for about a 1.5 years but they had plenty of life left and never needed resoling but ymmv due to how you walk and where and frequency.

Marnun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by baseball_guy

Hello, I am Italian and this is my first time here... here gucci loafers do go on sale in January and cost is about 200 euros...

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they go on sale fairly often at Saks and NM.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there is a **** ton of Gucci shoes at Off 5th right now. literally - you can stack up a wall of those gold shoe boxes. i don't believe there are many bit loafers though, but there are certainly a shitload of tassel and penny loafers (as well as sneakers, weird looking oxfords, and others)

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google gucci outlet stores for the nearest location. They seem to always have some loafers discounted. Purchased the bit loafer back in 76. They were still wearing well until they were stolen 10 years later.
frown.gif
Both pairs below are well constructed and fit good
smile.gif

IMG_2080.jpg
[/IMG]

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i had that right pair in black. very nice shoe. nice shape and a great shoe to wear with a suit.

your lack of superlative adjectives to describe them such as "decadent" or "beefy" makes me doubt the 'niceness' of that pair.
smile.gif

baseball_guy

Reaction score
How good is the Gucci selection at Neiman Marcus Last Call? They are having a midnight madness sale tonight (12am to 8am) and everything in the store is an additional 25% off. How does Last Call compare to Nordstrom Rack?

JR_Rider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Google gucci outlet stores for the nearest location. They seem to always have some loafers discounted. Purchased the bit loafer back in 76. They were still wearing well until they were stolen 10 years later.
frown.gif
Both pairs below are well constructed and fit good
smile.gif

IMG_2080.jpg
[/IMG]

I have been dreaming about those brown lace ups on the right for a few years at this point....never found them in my size....those are some terrific looking shoes though!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads