or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do Gucci loafers go on sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do Gucci loafers go on sale?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I like the gucci bit loafers. Have they gone on sale in the past, or does Gucci only sell for full retail?

Are Gucci loafers shoes that can be restored, like AE's and Bruno Magli can have the heel and sole replaces and the uppers restored to look new? If I am going to drop $600+ on Gucci, I would like some reassurance it will last a long time and not just a couple years.

Please, if you own Gucci tell me your experience and post photos of your Gucci. Thanks. I would like to see how they look after a couple years of wear.
post #2 of 11
Gucci loafers go on sale all of the time. Used on eBay.

Now post some pics so we can turn this into a proper threak.
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_guy View Post
I like the gucci bit loafers. Have they gone on sale in the past, or does Gucci only sell for full retail?

Are Gucci loafers shoes that can be restored, like AE's and Bruno Magli can have the heel and sole replaces and the uppers restored to look new? If I am going to drop $600+ on Gucci, I would like some reassurance it will last a long time and not just a couple years.

Please, if you own Gucci tell me your experience and post photos of your Gucci. Thanks. I would like to see how they look after a couple years of wear.

lot of the gucci loafers do go on sale at winter close to xmas time. in the spring they get shipped off to the factory stores for 50% off in midyear.

ive had a few gucci shoes. and the loafers (the classic bit loafer ones) do last a long time. ive only had them for about a 1.5 years but they had plenty of life left and never needed resoling but ymmv due to how you walk and where and frequency.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball_guy View Post
I like the gucci bit loafers. Have they gone on sale in the past, or does Gucci only sell for full retail?

Are Gucci loafers shoes that can be restored, like AE's and Bruno Magli can have the heel and sole replaces and the uppers restored to look new? If I am going to drop $600+ on Gucci, I would like some reassurance it will last a long time and not just a couple years.

Please, if you own Gucci tell me your experience and post photos of your Gucci. Thanks. I would like to see how they look after a couple years of wear.

Hello, I am Italian and this is my first time here... here gucci loafers do go on sale in January and cost is about 200 euros...
post #5 of 11
Yes, they go on sale fairly often at Saks and NM.
post #6 of 11
there is a shit ton of Gucci shoes at Off 5th right now. literally - you can stack up a wall of those gold shoe boxes. i don't believe there are many bit loafers though, but there are certainly a shitload of tassel and penny loafers (as well as sneakers, weird looking oxfords, and others)
post #7 of 11
Google gucci outlet stores for the nearest location. They seem to always have some loafers discounted. Purchased the bit loafer back in 76. They were still wearing well until they were stolen 10 years later. Both pairs below are well constructed and fit good

[IMG][/IMG]
post #8 of 11
i had that right pair in black. very nice shoe. nice shape and a great shoe to wear with a suit.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
i had that right pair in black. very nice shoe. nice shape and a great shoe to wear with a suit.

your lack of superlative adjectives to describe them such as "decadent" or "beefy" makes me doubt the 'niceness' of that pair.
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
How good is the Gucci selection at Neiman Marcus Last Call? They are having a midnight madness sale tonight (12am to 8am) and everything in the store is an additional 25% off. How does Last Call compare to Nordstrom Rack?
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post
Google gucci outlet stores for the nearest location. They seem to always have some loafers discounted. Purchased the bit loafer back in 76. They were still wearing well until they were stolen 10 years later. Both pairs below are well constructed and fit good

[IMG][/IMG]

I have been dreaming about those brown lace ups on the right for a few years at this point....never found them in my size....those are some terrific looking shoes though!!!!!!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do Gucci loafers go on sale?