or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Porter x Monocle THREAK!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Porter x Monocle THREAK! - Page 4

post #46 of 75
Tumi makes a nylon gum bag with excellent features for about $200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS007 View Post
I like the bags, but they are overprized imo. In addition I don't really need a bag at the moment. However I could need a sportsbag/gymbag and the boston baby shoe pocket is something I would love to find on it

http://imgc.zozo.jp/goodsimages/1384...pg?w=500&h=600

Does anyone know about a cheaper product with the same feature?
post #47 of 75
I have never owned a Tumi item, but I have seen old Tumis that look like crap after about 5 years of hard use. I compare theirs to my similarly hard used Mandarina Duck and am glad I chose MD.
post #48 of 75
I've had some Tumi items that earned road warrior status logging hundreds of thousands of airline miles over many years and held up rather well. Maybe you should reserve your comments to things you actually own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post
I have never owned a Tumi item, but I have seen old Tumis that look like crap after about 5 years of hard use. I compare theirs to my similarly hard used Mandarina Duck and am glad I chose MD.
post #49 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
I've had some Tumi items that earned road warrior status logging hundreds of thousands of airline miles over many years and held up rather well. Maybe you should reserve your comments to things you actually own.
I am only saying what I observe. Nothing wrong with that I hope. And maybe you can post some pics f your hard used Tumi items and I can do the same with my MD. Plus, if you have never handled a MD bag yourself, you would not get it. It is much lighter than Tumi. Go handle some and talk.
post #50 of 75
I had a MD bag when I was in my last year of senior high school. Very good bag then, I think I used it for 7-8 yrs.
But I don't like their new design thou.
post #51 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolecho View Post
It is much lighter than Tumi. Go handle some and talk.

I've handled them and rejected them.
post #52 of 75
Latest Monocle collaboration is a Blackberry with a £950 price tag:
http://shop.monocle.com/BlackBerry

I have also picked up the City Bag in Olive to go with my Boston Bag. The detailing really has to be seen in person to appreciate the quality of these bags.
post #53 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
Latest Monocle collaboration is a Blackberry with a £950 price tag:
http://shop.monocle.com/BlackBerry

Why...
post #54 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
Latest Monocle collaboration is a Blackberry with a £950 price tag:
http://shop.monocle.com/BlackBerry

I have also picked up the City Bag in Olive to go with my Boston Bag. The detailing really has to be seen in person to appreciate the quality of these bags.

Wow, that is intensely overpriced.
post #55 of 75
It is a generic nylon bag with zippers and shoulder strap. Did I miss anything? What is here to discuss?
post #56 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra View Post
It is a generic nylon bag with zippers and shoulder strap. Did I miss anything? What is here to discuss?

Leisure class status symbols.
post #57 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperWestie View Post
Eh...I'd like to see it after a few months of good use. It just looks too boxy. I suppose for a weekend shorthauler as its intended for is ideal and looks good for that purpose. As an everyday bag - negative. Too much bag.


I got the Shorthauler when it came out about 2 years ago. Back then I think it was only about £180 and even that seemed pretty steep, however it has stood up to some really hard use since then. I always fill it right up, throw it around etc and it still looks not far from new; hopefully it's going to be a really long-lasting item
post #58 of 75
Oh. Just found the threak. Great. @PG: Love the Shorthauler. It looks very "soft". Did you try to carry a laptop or some books in it? Would it keep its shape? @GDL: Thinking about the Mini-Boston for overnight trips. Would a pair of shoes, a suit, a shirt plus underwear fit in? Not sure after looking at the pics at Beams - might be a little tight for a suit? Thanks. M btw: overprized, shmoverprized - If someone buys it (and is happy) the price was right - no?
post #59 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion View Post
@GDL: Thinking about the Mini-Boston for overnight trips. Would a pair of shoes, a suit, a shirt plus underwear fit in? Not sure after looking at the pics at Beams - might be a little tight for a suit?
Yes. Most definitely. This is what I generally travel with + my travel steamer (+ gym wear when I know I'll have time). I've never filled it up. The shoe compartment is also useful to put the toiletry ziplock bag and get it in and out quickly at security
post #60 of 75
Thanks. Perfect. Damn.....2 orders at Monocle...

M
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Porter x Monocle THREAK!