or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My weird sartorial weekend
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My weird sartorial weekend

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I stopped in at Brooks Brothers to have a look at these shoes. I asked the SA if they were made by C&J or AS. He said neither and explained Brooks Brothers owns the Peal & Co. name and makes shoes themselves to Peal & Co's original specifications. Huh? What?

Then I went across the street to Ralph Lauren to have a look at this coat, since I read it was possible to get it with the traditional velvet collar. The SA there claimed to not have one in stock, but said if I ordered online, to be sure I sized up if I was going to wear it over a suit. I was under the impression that dress overcoat sizes took into account that you'd be wearing them over a suit and you should buy one listed as the same size as your suit jacket. Am I wrong about that? Or is this just because Black Label is cut slimmer than normal?
post #2 of 18
Was this at Brooks Brothers' Mag Mile store? The SAs don't seem to be as knowledgable as the folks who work at the Rookery store. I have those exact same shoes and they're made by Crockett & Jones.
post #3 of 18
I don't understand what's weird about any of this.
post #4 of 18
It differs for overcoats, but with Black Label, I'd definitely size up if you intend to wear a suit under it.
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgNYC View Post
I don't understand what's weird about any of this.

post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrachet View Post
I stopped in at Brooks Brothers to have a look at these shoes. I asked the SA if they were made by C&J or AS. He said neither and explained Brooks Brothers owns the Peal & Co. name and makes shoes themselves to Peal & Co's original specifications. Huh? What?

They look a lot like my C&J Grosvenors:



post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Yep. This was at the Mag Mile store. I think I'll avoid that one in the future when possible. Thanks for the pics NOBD, I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on these during the post-Thanksgiving sales apocalypse.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrachet View Post
Yep. This was at the Mag Mile store. I think I'll avoid that one in the future when possible.
I've had good experiences there.
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgNYC View Post
I don't understand what's weird about any of this.

+1.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgNYC View Post
I don't understand what's weird about any of this.

Agreed. When I click open a thread titled "My weird sartorial weekend," I'm expecting stories about ayahuasca trips deep in the Peruvian rainforest, followed by waking up in a desert just outside of Reno, suddenly wearing a bespoke three-piece fashioned from the feathers of a bald eagle, slain in mid-flight by the author with his bare hands.
post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
Agreed. When I click open a thread titled "My weird sartorial weekend," I'm expecting stories about ayahuasca trips deep in the Peruvian rainforest, followed by waking up in a desert just outside of Reno, suddenly wearing a bespoke three-piece fashioned from the feathers of a bald eagle, slain in mid-flight by the author with his bare hands.

Oh yeah. That happened as well. Sorry, it looks like I forgot to mention it in my original post. Here's a pic:

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
Agreed. When I click open a thread titled "My weird sartorial weekend," I'm expecting stories about ayahuasca trips deep in the Peruvian rainforest, followed by waking up in a desert just outside of Reno, suddenly wearing a bespoke three-piece fashioned from the feathers of a bald eagle, slain in mid-flight by the author with his bare hands.

God, I just hate when that happens. Lately, I have taken to drinking fewer Manhattans.
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrachet View Post
Oh yeah. That happened as well. Sorry, it looks like I forgot to mention it in my original post. Here's a pic:


well played.
post #14 of 18
Those shoes are hot. I don't think I have any clothes that would go well with them though.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrachet View Post
Oh yeah. That happened as well. Sorry, it looks like I forgot to mention it in my original post. Here's a pic:


LOL. Well done, sir. I hope you remembered to eat the eagle's brain in order to gain its knowledge.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My weird sartorial weekend