or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 382

post #5716 of 5903

The good: everything KW looks great.

 

The not so good: that shirt. I don't like wide stripes with such a sharp contrast between colors, and there's something about the collar (perhaps just the angle) that makes it seem extremely small.

 

In any event, I'd recommend a solid white/pale blue (maybe pink) shirt. That trio mixed with those KW pieces would have you set for virtually any situation.

post #5717 of 5903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

The good: everything KW looks great.

 

The not so good: that shirt. I don't like wide stripes with such a sharp contrast between colors, and there's something about the collar (perhaps just the angle) that makes it seem extremely small.

 

In any event, I'd recommend a solid white/pale blue (maybe pink) shirt. That trio mixed with those KW pieces would have you set for virtually any situation.

 

+1. 

post #5718 of 5903
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post



KW mid-grey suit
KW navy grenadine

fabric #?

post #5719 of 5903

@Caustic Man it looks like the trousers on your recent Kent Wang suit have a significantly higher rise than the trial trousers.  Is that the case?  If so, how did you achieve it?  

post #5720 of 5903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

The not so good: that shirt. I don't like wide stripes with such a sharp contrast between colors, and there's something about the collar (perhaps just the angle) that makes it seem extremely small.

Small in what regard? It's impossible to tell from this photo how long the points are since the jacket covers them. The collar's spread is a bit too wide for my taste. I agree with you on the stripes.

Argentino, how about a full shot so we can see how the (presumably MTM) suit fits overall?
post #5721 of 5903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd Finch View Post


Small in what regard? It's impossible to tell from this photo how long the points are since the jacket covers them. The collar's spread is a bit too wide for my taste. I agree with you on the stripes.

Argentino, how about a full shot so we can see how the (presumably MTM) suit fits overall?

Short is probably the better word choice. I like collars that sit higher, and, for whatever reason, this one seems very short.

 

I think the 3rd stripe cutting off creates the illusion that it is even shorter than it might actually be.

post #5722 of 5903
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

@Caustic Man it looks like the trousers on your recent Kent Wang suit have a significantly higher rise than the trial trousers.  Is that the case?  If so, how did you achieve it?  


They are higher rise, yes. I asked Aaron and he suggested adding 1cm to the rise which doesn't seem like a lot, but worked out nicely.

post #5723 of 5903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr1988 View Post

fabric #?

Not sure, actually. Scored from @Betelgeuse on the B/S. He would know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd Finch View Post

Small in what regard? It's impossible to tell from this photo how long the points are since the jacket covers them. The collar's spread is a bit too wide for my taste. I agree with you on the stripes.

Argentino, how about a full shot so we can see how the (presumably MTM) suit fits overall?

I understand Bengal Stripes are not for everyone.

Yes, MTM, but not for me originally. If I can summon up the courage to ask my wife to photograph me, I may try a full body shot.
post #5724 of 5903
Thoroughly enjoying my first Kent suit. Maybe a spec tight in the chest and arms but nothing that isn't comfortable. Quality is great and I wasn't dying during my commute in 90 plus heat.
post #5725 of 5903
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

Thoroughly enjoying my first Kent suit. Maybe a spec tight in the chest and arms but nothing that isn't comfortable. Quality is great and I wasn't dying during my commute in 90 plus heat.

Specs and pics?
post #5726 of 5903
I don't have any fit pics now. Just of the trial suit.

Here's what was done to a 38

Jacket
Shoulder width +1 cm
Right shoulder -1 cm
'soft' shoulder padding option.
Buttoning point -1 cm.
Bicep -1 cm.
Cuff width -1 cm,
Sleeve pitch backward 0.5 cm
Armhole -1 cm,
Back chest (armpit to armpit) -0.5 cm
Waist +1 cm.
Jacket length-2 cm.


Pants: I think I went with 30

Seat +2 cm,
Fork (crotch) +1 cm
Thigh +1.cm,
Hips +0.5 cm
post #5727 of 5903

This is off topic (hopefully just temporarily...love the MTM conversations), but awhile back there was discussion about Kent making 17x17" wool/silk squares, that, unfortunately went nowhere.

 

Is this something that folks would be interested in? If I recall correctly, Kent said such a square would run about $85, which, while not cheap, is fair, at least in my estimation.

 

Perhaps, to keep Kent from having extra inventory, we could (assuming Kent would be ok with this, I have not checked) get a group order of some sort to have a given square(s) run with those specs, thus eliminating the potential of said squares going unclaimed, which I know Kent has said has been a deterrent for certain offerings prior.

 

Very, verrryyyy early stages of this brainstorm, but, you never get what you want if you're unwilling to ask!

post #5728 of 5903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

This is off topic (hopefully just temporarily...love the MTM conversations), but awhile back there was discussion about Kent making 17x17" wool/silk squares, that, unfortunately went nowhere.

 

Is this something that folks would be interested in? If I recall correctly, Kent said such a square would run about $85, which, while not cheap, is fair, at least in my estimation.

 

Perhaps, to keep Kent from having extra inventory, we could (assuming Kent would be ok with this, I have not checked) get a group order of some sort to have a given square(s) run with those specs, thus eliminating the potential of said squares going unclaimed, which I know Kent has said has been a deterrent for certain offerings prior.

 

Very, verrryyyy early stages of this brainstorm, but, you never get what you want if you're unwilling to ask!

 

I'd certainly give something like that a look.  I'd worry a little bit about the volume that such a square would generate in a pocket, though.  My 16x16" Drake's squares are already a little more substantial than I'd ideally like.  

 

IMHO 14x14" would be the perfect size for wool/silk and 16x16" for pure silk.  Then again, I wear smaller jackets with correspondingly small breast pockets.  

post #5729 of 5903
Agreed. I have some of the KW 13x13. Wool silk is perfect, all silk too small. Maybe some fall themed color squares
15175835773_397d282f5a_k.jpg

15610323260_fff9cc78c2_k.jpg
post #5730 of 5903
I love my wool-silk Great Wave. That + white linen would be the two I take to a desert island.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread