or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 378

post #5656 of 5900
Looks really good
post #5657 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

 

What is going on with the bunching at the left armpit?

 

Regardless, looks very good.

 

Not quite sure--the pic I just posted in WAYWRN shows the same thing.  Might be a bit of excess fabric in that area.  I also went soft canvas/unstructured shoulder for this one, so not sure if that has something to do with it vis-a-vis my last commission.  

post #5658 of 5900
Looked better in WAYWRN. I also think I might be against additional waist suppression. How does it feel?
post #5659 of 5900

It feels right on the margin of trimness--I could maybe nip it a touch, but just a touch before the back or button began to pull a bit.  I think I'll keep this one as it is since it's a lightweight summer jacket and breathability is a virtue. 

post #5660 of 5900

On a quest to find the perfect white sneaker. 

 

I have read all of the online reviews and searched the board, but anyone have any aged pictures or thoughts on the durability of the all white handgrade sneakers?

 

 

Also, my View of Edo print just came in, and it is glorious. Pics once I get a chance to frame it.

post #5661 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

On a quest to find the perfect white sneaker. 

 

I have read all of the online reviews and searched the board, but anyone have any aged pictures or thoughts on the durability of the all white handgrade sneakers?

 

 

Also, my View of Edo print just came in, and it is glorious. Pics once I get a chance to frame it.

And, on a related point - handgrade or benchgrade? Both are out in my size till June 30th-ish. With I could preorder so I don't forget. I want them before I go on vacation mid-july.

post #5662 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

On a quest to find the perfect white sneaker. 

 

I have read all of the online reviews and searched the board, but anyone have any aged pictures or thoughts on the durability of the all white handgrade sneakers?

 

 

Also, my View of Edo print just came in, and it is glorious. Pics once I get a chance to frame it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
 

And, on a related point - handgrade or benchgrade? Both are out in my size till June 30th-ish. With I could preorder so I don't forget. I want them before I go on vacation mid-july.

Don't have a pair of either so I cannot comment on quality but note that the handgrade are just slightly off white, closer to cream, whereas the benchgrade are a purer white.

post #5663 of 5900


Chrysanthemum links...really good stuff, at a helluva bargain
post #5664 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

Here's a quick pic to show the fit.  I'll post a full fit pic in WAYWRN tonight, weather permitting.

 

 

I made two adjustments to my first commission for this one: shortening the sleeves by 1 cm and lowering the buttoning point a bit.  Both were consensus recommendations from you guys.  I think both changes improve the fit. 

 

 

Nice!! Which lapel width option is that and how tall are you? The proportions are great sir,

post #5665 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

 

 

Nice!! Which lapel width option is that and how tall are you? The proportions are great sir,

 

Thanks.  I'm 5'9" and those are the wide (4.25 inch) lapels.  

post #5666 of 5900

I recently wrote a review of KW's captoe balmorals. I thought some of y'all might take interest.

 

http://www.shermansalley.com/style/2016/5/30/review-kent-wang-benchgrade-captoe-balmoral

post #5667 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

KW rugby shirt in large. I stand 6-1 170 lbs. Not a bad fit.

 

 

Great fit, thanks for posting!

 

I'm somewhat similar dimensions to you (6' / 165 pounds / 38R).  Going to guess you're a 40 or 42 jacket?  Do you own the short sleeve polo?  Would you say the sizing is comparable (in that you would take a Large there as well)?  

 

I own several Kent Wang polos - I'm right on the border of the Medium working for me (borderline "skintight" - still works though).  Maybe getting a Large and shrinking in wash is the way to go for me with future Polo and Rugby purchases....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosivy View Post
 

I recently wrote a review of KW's captoe balmorals. I thought some of y'all might take interest.

 

http://www.shermansalley.com/style/2016/5/30/review-kent-wang-benchgrade-captoe-balmoral

 

I purchased this shoe for my wedding back in January (paired with darker indigo suit).  100% agree with your review - such a quality shoe for incredible value.  

 

_____________________________________

 

I had a question on suit fabric choices, could definitely use some guidance from those more experienced than I:

 

I am looking at getting my first suit made up with Kent Wang.  Aaron fit me in the NYC showroom - was a great experience.  I decided to go for a charcoal grey, but didn't want to go quite as dark as the standard Kent Wang charcoal grey (the TRG001 Guabello):

 

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7404/16377958331_fa14750c97_k.jpg

 

Does anyone have a recommendation for a slightly lighter shade then the TRG001? On the link above, I was thinking the TR7132 might work (with the subtle herringbone pattern)...  suit will be my go-to charcoal grey for use in evening formal events, occasional business, funerals etc....

 

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!


Edited by AloysiusSF - 6/26/16 at 2:50pm
post #5668 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloysiusSF View Post

 


 

Does anyone have a recommendation for a slightly lighter shade then the TRG001? On the link above, I was thinking the TR7132 might work (with the subtle herringbone pattern)...  suit will be my go-to charcoal grey for use in evening formal events, occasional business, funerals etc....


 

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

 

TR7132 looks pretty far removed from charcoal on my monitor. As you are considering herringbone (which most would assert is somewhat lower in formality), have you given any consideration to nail head? 
 

post #5669 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsson View Post
 

 

TR7132 looks pretty far removed from charcoal on my monitor. As you are considering herringbone (which most would assert is somewhat lower in formality), have you given any consideration to nail head? 
 


Thanks for the response, Johnsson - much appreciated.  Hm - it looks pretty close to charcoal on my monitor.... I've also reached out to Aaron to get his thoughts (assume he has the samples in the NYC showroom).  

 

I was trying to stay away from any pattern, but thought a subtle herringbone (which TR7132 seems to exhibit) could work well.  Would you consider nailhead to be less or more formal than herringbone?  I would defintely contemplate the right charcoal-shade nailhead, depending on Kent Wang's inventory....

 

Other fabrics I looked at (curious to see how they read to you) --

 

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5814/20392741414_940062af4b_k.jpg

 

TRG036 

TRG043

(You can see TRG001, Kent's standard charcoal, in the swatch lineup as comparison)


Edited by AloysiusSF - 6/27/16 at 12:15pm
post #5670 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by AloysiusSF View Post


Thanks for the response, Johnsson - much appreciated.  Hm - it looks pretty close to charcoal on my monitor.... I've also reached out to Aaron to get his thoughts (assume he has the samples in the NYC showroom).  

 

I was trying to stay away from any pattern, but thought a subtle herringbone (which TR7132 seems to exhibit) could work well.  Would you consider nailhead to be less or more formal than herringbone?  I would defintely contemplate the right charcoal-shade nailhead, depending on Kent Wang's inventory....

 

Other fabrics I looked at (curious to see how they read to you) --

 

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5814/20392741414_940062af4b_k.jpg

 

TRG036 

TRG043

(You can see TRG001, Kent's standard charcoal, in the swatch lineup as comparison)

 



It could be my monitor again, but both of those appear to be mid-grey to me.

Nail head would probably be more appropriate than herringbone for the needs you listed, but that's only my opinion. I think it's more traditional for business. That herringbone is pretty subtle too, but the Harrison's and Huddersfield sites give you more options a hair lighter than charcoal @ ~280 grams. The New Mill charcoal birds eye looks like a winner if you don't want a flat worsted. Don't let my opinions sway you though, this is half the fun of placing the order. Good luck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread