or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 348

post #5206 of 5900

Heard back from Aaron - wide lapels only possible on the higher gorge.

 

So roped-->higher gorge-->wide lapels

post #5207 of 5900

Just finalized my order for my latest suit.  3 roll 2 with wide lapels, standard gorge and soft shoulder.  Going with a VBC four season fabric on my first foray beyond the A level fabrics.  I also made some fit modifications, so curious to see how they turn out.

post #5208 of 5900
Off to Kent wang in NYC today to finalize my first jacket... I'm excited!
post #5209 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Off to Kent wang in NYC today to finalize my first jacket... I'm excited!

 

Cool. Feel free to share your experience with the in-person fitting. My next jacket will probably involve an in person fitting from the NYC location.

post #5210 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

Just finalized my order for my latest suit.  3 roll 2 with wide lapels, standard gorge and soft shoulder.  Going with a VBC four season fabric on my first foray beyond the A level fabrics.  I also made some fit modifications, so curious to see how they turn out.

Dummy question here...didn't we just establish that wide lapels only worked with high gorge?

post #5211 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Dummy question here...didn't we just establish that wide lapels only worked with high gorge?

I thought it was low that does not work with wide. I have not heard anything back and KW is pretty quick with issues like this. I'll report back if he says no go.
post #5212 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


I thought it was low that does not work with wide. I have not heard anything back and KW is pretty quick with issues like this. I'll report back if he says no go.

Ahh this seems to be a miscommunication. Your "standard" gorge seems to be what I was thinking of as the "high" gorge, with your low being my standard.

 

If that's the case, that would make sense, and you should be good to go!

post #5213 of 5900
Finished taking the pictures for the tutorial today. It was exhausting.

post #5214 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Finished taking the pictures for the tutorial today. It was exhausting.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Can't wait to see the final product Clags. I can't say I've seen something similar done before.

post #5215 of 5900
^ thanks.

Using the blue pindot as an example., when you drag a square over the tie, images such as these: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





will pop up.

We are thinking of using a five person panel to determine whether or not a combination is good. I think Kent is in favor of a dichotomous approach. I like the idea of 5/5 being labeled as "Universally Good", 4/5 "Good", 3/5 "Inoffensive" and 1 or 2 /5 as "Avoid"
Edited by Claghorn - 1/10/16 at 11:44am
post #5216 of 5900

@Claghorn

 

As you know, I like the idea of a relative scoring system.  I'd go 5, 2, 4 on those 3.  It'd hypothesize that white linen rarely falsl below 4 and never below 3.

post #5217 of 5900
I doubt it will as well, judging from the photographs.

To be clear, 5/5 would indicate that all 5 of the judges liked the combination. I know Kent and I will be two of the judges. We have some ideas for the other three.

(And my guess would've been 5, 1-2, 5)
post #5218 of 5900

This is a really cool project.  

post #5219 of 5900

In retrospect, no reason not to give the linen a 5 there, agreed.

post #5220 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

Ahh this seems to be a miscommunication. Your "standard" gorge seems to be what I was thinking of as the "high" gorge, with your low being my standard.

 

If that's the case, that would make sense, and you should be good to go!

 

There are three gorge options:  low, standard and high.  I went with the standard gorge option with wide lapels.  No issues and got confirmation the order was submitted.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread