or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 347

post #5191 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironist View Post


Thanks for the help. Seems the Ariston and the other popular navy weaves posted in this thread are no longer sold so going with a more standard VBC Four Season Navy Weave.

Also, I was thinking of going with these options after discussing with Aaron. Not sure if the structure should be standard canvas since I am going with Roped shoulder or not. Anyone have any opinions on that or anything else? Would hate to mess this up. Thanks.

DESIGN OPTIONS Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Gorge height: high
Structure: Soft full canvas
Lining: Half ($20) - Highly recommended if you will ever be in warm weather
Lining fabric: TR228 navy
Piping: TR228 navy
Lapel size: Standard 3.5"
Lapel facing: No
Shoulder: Roped
Side pockets: Flap, straight
Ticket pocket: No
Flap size: Standard 2"
Chest pocket: Round
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: No (kissing)
Cuff finishing: Working buttonholes
Throat tab: No
Phone pocket: No
Pick stitching: Limited
Buttons: Horn black
Elbow patches: No
Monogram: No
Monogram text:
Trousers front: Flat
Pleat direction: No pleats
Pleat depth: No pleats
Fly: Zipper
Waistband: Side adjusters
Satin stripe: No
Suspender buttons: Yes
Buckle loop: No
Pocket fabric: Black
Trousers side pockets: Slanted
Rear pockets: Button
Trousers lining: To the knee
Cuff: Unfinished
Trousers pick stitching: Limited
Vest front: No lapel, 5 button
Vest side pockets: Welted
Vest chest pockets: Welted
Vest back: Lining
Vest pick stitching: Yes

TRV08 in VBC Four Season

Just a question... if you are going for a standard navy weave... why pick a navy fabric out of VBC Four Season Navy rather than Guabello Four Season, which would be cheaper. I am just wondering as I plan to do the same with almost similar options. The navy fabrics that I was looking at in the Guabello Four Season was TRG025 and TRG002. Just trying to understand the differences.

post #5192 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr1988 View Post

Just a question... if you are going for a standard navy weave... why pick a navy fabric out of VBC Four Season Navy rather than Guabello Four Season
, which would be cheaper. I am just wondering as I plan to do the same with almost similar options. The navy fabrics that I was looking at in the Guabello Four Season was TRG025 and TRG002. Just trying to understand the differences.

Honestly, I'm probably not a good person to answer this as I didn't feel the fabrics in person but from what I heard the VBC Four seasons are good value and I haven't heard anything about the Guabello. Also, I think it was a lighter weight which was what I was looking for as it would be a three piece.
post #5193 of 5900
I have two VBC four seasons and am more than content with them.
post #5194 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr1988 View Post
 

Just a question... if you are going for a standard navy weave... why pick a navy fabric out of VBC Four Season Navy rather than Guabello Four Season, which would be cheaper. I am just wondering as I plan to do the same with almost similar options. The navy fabrics that I was looking at in the Guabello Four Season was TRG025 and TRG002. Just trying to understand the differences.

 

Email Kent or Aaron.  They have always steered me the right way regarding fabric choices.

post #5195 of 5900

Ironist - why going for high gorge?

 

FWIW I'm doing roped shoulder and standard canvas.

3r2, wide lapel (42 jacket)

post #5196 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

Ironist - why going for high gorge?

 

FWIW I'm doing roped shoulder and standard canvas.

3r2, wide lapel (42 jacket)

 

Were you able to find any good pictures of the roped shoulder?  When I asked a year/18 months ago, there weren't any.

 

Below is all I find with a Google search:

 

Tito Hill in a Kent Wang suit AR0021 fabric, roped shoulder, standard lapel width

post #5197 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Ironist - why going for high gorge?

FWIW I'm doing roped shoulder and standard canvas.
3r2, wide lapel (42 jacket)

I'm 5'3 so I think the thought was that it would look better since I'm short. Thanks for info. I think I'm leaning toward the standard canvas.
post #5198 of 5900

I'm 5'9, but I still find myself tempted by the high gorge...

post #5199 of 5900

IDK, I see the higher gorge and I feel like its up at my ears

post #5200 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

 

Ironist - why going for high gorge?


 

FWIW I'm doing roped shoulder and standard canvas.

3r2, wide lapel (42 jacket)


 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

 

IDK, I see the higher gorge and I feel like its up at my ears


 

Not sure if you're aware, but the new lower gorge option is unavailable with wide lapels. Unless something has changed very recently. FWIW, I like it in tandem with the wide lapel, less so with the standard lapel.

post #5201 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsson View Post
 


 


 


 

Not sure if you're aware, but the new lower gorge option is unavailable with wide lapels. Unless something has changed very recently. FWIW, I like it in tandem with the wide lapel, less so with the standard lapel.

At least from what I can see, which may well be inaccurate, KW's "options" template allows for wide lapels with no gorges...

post #5202 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

 

At least from what I can see, which may well be inaccurate, KW's "options" template allows for wide lapels with no gorges...

That is correct, but I'm speaking from experience. Standard gorge was not available with wide lapels when I last ordered (November-ish), despite appearing on the form as an option. Likewise, the wide lapel was not available on double breasted suits when I inquired. Perhaps this is done in the interest of keeping the form simple and accessible (not including show/hide scripts /nerd).

 

Speaking of which, does anyone have pictures of a double breasted KW suit in the wild? I've only seen that one fellow's wedding pictures, but no full body or zoomed out Style Forum poses.

post #5203 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsson View Post
 

That is correct, but I'm speaking from experience. Standard gorge was not available with wide lapels when I last ordered (November-ish), despite appearing on the form as an option. Likewise, the wide lapel was not available on double breasted suits when I inquired. Perhaps this is done in the interest of keeping the form simple and accessible (not including show/hide scripts /nerd).

 

Speaking of which, does anyone have pictures of a double breasted KW suit in the wild? I've only seen that one fellow's wedding pictures, but no full body or zoomed out Style Forum poses.

Ah, that's a bummer! I hope this gets sorted out and becomes available, if they are not currently...especially regarding wide lapels on DBs.

post #5204 of 5900

Hmm okay, I guess I'll hear that from them soon then..

post #5205 of 5900
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

IDK, I see the higher gorge and I feel like its up at my ears

Hmm, I'm rethinking the gorge. I'm not sure if it looks good with my proportions as I'm short and overweight right now. I feel like standard gorge might be safer so I'm leaning towards doing roped shoulders, standard canvas and normal gorge.

Thanks for your help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread