I did, but Im just trying to hear some recommendations/opinions from the SF community as well
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 334post #4997 of 587810/6/15 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by boggly
I don't have a lot of experience with BB or Gant sizing, but I'm about 5'10", ~150lbs, and I measure 38" around my chest. In more modern, slimmer-cut jackets I'm closer to a 38 (I'm closest to a 38 in KW jackets but when I ordered a suit, I started from the 39 because of the shoulders). I find that a medium fits me very well in KW's polos and rugby shirts. Initially I thought I might be a large due to the advice to "size up," but if you're close to my measurements, you're probably going to be happier with a medium (YMMV, of course). As some have mentioned before, the length is slightly on the long side (helps if you want to tuck it in, though if you're much shorter than I am, you might consider getting it shortened slightly if you want to wear it untucked). The midsection is definitely slim, which I find very flattering if you have a leaner torso.
While I'm on the subject... I machine wash mine on cold and hang dry them; you're going to see some potentially undesirable shrinkage if you machine dry them (I accidentally did this to one of my polos; it's still wearable but not as nice of a fit as the others). Overall, I'm very pleased with the quality of construction and the fit. I'd imagine that if you ordered a medium and it didn't fit right, you could turn it pretty quickly on B&S and try again.
I'm about 5'11 and weigh about 78kg, would you then suggest i go the large? i am medium in everything usually,
thanks very much for your helppost #4998 of 587810/6/15 at 7:11pmQuote:
That's a tough one. As @novaeagle said, sizing up is the general rule, and I also found the measurements helpful. That said, take a look at how the shoulders and chest will fit you; the length and arms (you're thinking rugby, right?) on a medium probably still wouldn't be an issue, but if you've got a bit of a gut or really broad shoulders, you might be better off with large. Sorry I can't be more help, but you could certainly try emailing KW themselves to ask more specifically for advice. Good luck!post #4999 of 587810/8/15 at 4:12pmI have collected quite a few over the years. I gravitate towards Great Wave, Shinagawa, and (although not in your list) the navy Cat pocket square.
Quote:Originally Posted by ericgereghty
Hey folks, what would y'all rate as the best (or top 2-3) squares from KW? Looking to start expanding, with as versatile a collection as possible. A few I'm eyeballing:
Hunt of the Unicorn
The fact of the matter is I will probably end up with all at some point, but would be curious to know how the SF community rates the above, and other unmentioned KW squares?
Note: I currently have the Rickshaw and Francoise, which I love.post #5000 of 587810/8/15 at 4:20pmpost #5001 of 587810/9/15 at 10:39am
First romp with the Shinagawa...lovely piece, and much more intricate than my desktop made it appear. The cherry blossoms, which I thought to be pure white at first glance, are laced with nice amounts of textured pink...
Will be fun to play around with it and switch it around, to play with different colors.post #5002 of 587810/17/15 at 1:58pmpost #5003 of 587810/17/15 at 2:47pmQuote:
The jacket looks very good. Only thing I would recommend is moving the buttons down slightly. The buttons look slightly high no?post #5004 of 587810/19/15 at 5:08ampost #5005 of 587810/22/15 at 4:20pm
I would like to happily retract my previously held belief that Wang's cufflinks were too large for functional, use, especially as pertains to the back side of the link.
Every other shirt I have tried my black pearls with has worked easily, or, due to my lack of ambidexterity, easily enough lol...and not once have I wanted to curl up in a fetal position and cry whilst trying to thread them through.
Conclusion is the initial shirt with which I tried them had exceedingly small link openings.post #5006 of 587810/23/15 at 8:01ampost #5007 of 587810/23/15 at 9:37amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by designated
@Kent Wang Will there be restock of the swim trunks soon? Been waiting for a few months for size 32!
We had them all ready to go but had some problems with the buckles, so now we're waiting on these super premium buckles from Italy. Hopefully they'll be ready in another month, but hard to say.post #5008 of 587810/29/15 at 10:20pmpost #5009 of 587810/30/15 at 9:42ampost #5010 of 587810/31/15 at 8:56am
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 23 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 minutes ago
- › OFFERING SERVICE OF Bespoke Neapolitan 5-7-12 fold ties 34 minutes ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 39 minutes ago
- › How about Cole Haan Made in Maine shoes 41 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 45 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...