or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 293

post #4381 of 4391

Excuse the messy room. Quick fit pic of the polo size medium. 5'9" 38 chest 31 waist ~155 lbs. Makes me think there is some sizing inconsistency from seeing previous fit pics in a size medium..a little room on the sides for me but its not a lot. If I sized down to a small I feel the top would be too tight. Anyways love the material and collar.
post #4382 of 4391
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post


Excuse the messy room. Quick fit pic of the polo size medium. 5'9" 38 chest 31 waist ~155 lbs. Makes me think there is some sizing inconsistency from seeing previous fit pics in a size medium..a little room on the sides for me but its not a lot. If I sized down to a small I feel the top would be too tight. Anyways love the material and collar.

This is directed to all:

 

Is tailoring a polo (ie reducing length) a thing? Might be a totally ignorant question, but I figured I'd put it out there.

 

I'm 5'9, 170 or so, 42" 32" waist, and while the medium length (hell, a small might even do in that regard lol) seems solid, I can't imagine I'd have any luck with the rest of it.

 

Any help would be fantastic!

post #4383 of 4391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post
 

This is directed to all:

 

Is tailoring a polo (ie reducing length) a thing? Might be a totally ignorant question, but I figured I'd put it out there.

 

I'm 5'9, 170 or so, 42" 32" waist, and while the medium length (hell, a small might even do in that regard lol) seems solid, I can't imagine I'd have any luck with the rest of it.

 

Any help would be fantastic!

Yes, I've had a couple of polos tailored before - the length and the sides. I'm pretty sure any tailor could do it.

post #4384 of 4391

For those of you that have ordered suits, how long after you placed your order did you receive your jacket/suit?

post #4385 of 4391
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post
 

For those of you that have ordered suits, how long after you placed your order did you receive your jacket/suit?

6 weeks. By "placed order" I assume you mean "I want this fabric with the following changes -2cm waist etc.". Otherwise more like 7-8 weeks. I had to wait for the trial suit, try it on, take pictures, get feedback, etc.

post #4386 of 4391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Is tailoring a polo (ie reducing length) a thing? Might be a totally ignorant question, but I figured I'd put it out there.

Absolutely a thing. But you want to launder the polo the way you're going to launder it at least a couple of times first. These things can shrink. A too-short polo is unwearable.
post #4387 of 4391
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

For those of you that have ordered suits, how long after you placed your order did you receive your jacket/suit?

I got my custom blazer 27 days after I ordered it.
post #4388 of 4391
^^^^Pics???
post #4389 of 4391

Could anyone with a small or medium size Polo give me the chest measurement, taken from the polo laying on a flat surface?

 

Thanks in advance

post #4390 of 4391

Call me crazy, but I think there's something a bit charming about a bare midriff!

 

Kidding, of course...thanks gents!

post #4391 of 4391
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoms View Post
 

I've been hesitant to post, figured the sizing discussions would work themselves out by now. I've found the polo sizing to be somewhat (but not unusually) inconsistent in both length and chest width. My first order included smalls and mediums and I returned the smalls for being nearly unwearable. I later ordered more mediums and found them to be looser than my current one. I've since propagated back to a size small. Lots of factors so I try not to make assumptions. But that's been my experience. Take it as you wish.

 

They remain my favorite polo shirts.

+1. This actually dates to June 2013 when I ordered a batch of polos. I noticed some inconsistencies : even though all the polos I ordered were size small, some were looser/longer and even had a wider sleeve width than others. Had to tailor them to achieve a proper fit. Still, KW polos remains some of the best I wore.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread