I suggest taking it to your local tailor and try to use the $50 for a repair or at least get a consultation.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 8/23/15 at 11:53am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
Last edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 283post #4231 of 49937/8/14 at 6:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4232 of 49937/10/14 at 1:57pm
Just wanted to thank Kent and his team. I placed my first order for a silk knit tie and pocket square a while back. The package seems to have been lost somewhere along the border of the U.S. and Canada. The customer service was great - fast responses to my emails, and they sent a replacement package promptly. Just received my awesome tie and square, but beyond that, it's so nice to deal with a business that makes customer service a priority.post #4233 of 49937/11/14 at 12:01pmpost #4234 of 49937/11/14 at 1:42pmTrail suit fit pics. Lighting is terrible. I may retake for that reason alone.
Other than that though, the fit is quite good. I'm 5'11", 175 lbs, and this is a 40R. I suspect alterations will be minor. I haven't heard back from Aaron/Kent yet, and I have my own ideas for what needs to be done, but I look forward to their thoughts as well.
Edit: Err, yes, I recognize I am wearing walnut shoes with a charcoal suit. I grabbed the first shoe in my closet.
Edited by unjung - 7/11/14 at 2:02pmpost #4235 of 49937/11/14 at 8:14pmpost #4236 of 49937/12/14 at 5:55pmpost #4237 of 49937/13/14 at 4:39ampost #4238 of 49937/13/14 at 9:27ampost #4239 of 49937/13/14 at 6:07pmpost #4240 of 49937/14/14 at 10:37pmpost #4241 of 49937/15/14 at 12:21pmAaron's comments to me:Quote:Jacket
Shoulder width looks good, Please double check
What is causing the lump in the left coat shoulder? I don't see it when you are in shirtsleeves.
Buttoning point looks good. Please double check. The buttoning point should be at the narrowest part of your waist. Look at the side of the jacket and see where it curves in the most.
Sleeve length +0.5 cm. Please double check. With your arms laying naturally at your side, your shirt sleeve should end at the third joint (base joint) of your thumb. The jacket sleeve should end 1.5 cm above that.
Bicep -1 cm. This will narrow the sleeve slightly.
Cuff width -1 cm, if you feel it is too wide.
Armhole -1 cm, if the armhole is not currently rubbing against your armpit.
Lower collar -1 cm. This will take care of the excess fabric on the back, right below the collar.
Back chest (armpit to armpit) -1 cm
Coat front +1
Jacket length -1.5 cm. Please double check. It should cover your butt completely.
How does the waist and rise feel? Those are common adjustments
Seat +1 cm
Thigh +0.5 cm
Leg angle adjustment to improve rear trouser line
If you'll measure how long you want the inseam to be, we can hem the trousers for you. It may be more accurate to measure another pair of trousers that fit you well.post #4242 of 49937/16/14 at 6:20am
Seems reasonable, but I would consider leaving the cuff width as is if you ever wear double cuffs. That's also a lot off the back length for me, but I'm guessing you want to play with the balance a bit, right? The only suggestion I'd make is to lessen the trouser taper from the knee down so that you can go a little longer without introducing more break.post #4243 of 49937/20/14 at 2:10pmpost #4244 of 49937/20/14 at 4:51pmQuote:
TR7089. I have it and still wear it fairly often, great fabric
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 seconds ago
- › Reigning Champ Thread 32 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 47 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SW&D Leather Jacket Challenge: September 15 - October 6 2015 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...