I suggest taking it to your local tailor and try to use the $50 for a repair or at least get a consultation.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/20/16 at 6:35am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 283post #4231 of 58527/8/14 at 6:51pmpost #4232 of 58527/10/14 at 1:57pm
Just wanted to thank Kent and his team. I placed my first order for a silk knit tie and pocket square a while back. The package seems to have been lost somewhere along the border of the U.S. and Canada. The customer service was great - fast responses to my emails, and they sent a replacement package promptly. Just received my awesome tie and square, but beyond that, it's so nice to deal with a business that makes customer service a priority.post #4233 of 58527/11/14 at 12:01pmpost #4234 of 58527/11/14 at 1:42pmTrail suit fit pics. Lighting is terrible. I may retake for that reason alone.
Other than that though, the fit is quite good. I'm 5'11", 175 lbs, and this is a 40R. I suspect alterations will be minor. I haven't heard back from Aaron/Kent yet, and I have my own ideas for what needs to be done, but I look forward to their thoughts as well.
Edit: Err, yes, I recognize I am wearing walnut shoes with a charcoal suit. I grabbed the first shoe in my closet.
Edited by unjung - 7/11/14 at 2:02pmpost #4235 of 58527/11/14 at 8:14pmpost #4236 of 58527/12/14 at 5:55pmpost #4237 of 58527/13/14 at 4:39ampost #4238 of 58527/13/14 at 9:27ampost #4239 of 58527/13/14 at 6:07pmpost #4240 of 58527/14/14 at 10:37pmpost #4241 of 58527/15/14 at 12:21pmAaron's comments to me:Quote:Jacket
Shoulder width looks good, Please double check
What is causing the lump in the left coat shoulder? I don't see it when you are in shirtsleeves.
Buttoning point looks good. Please double check. The buttoning point should be at the narrowest part of your waist. Look at the side of the jacket and see where it curves in the most.
Sleeve length +0.5 cm. Please double check. With your arms laying naturally at your side, your shirt sleeve should end at the third joint (base joint) of your thumb. The jacket sleeve should end 1.5 cm above that.
Bicep -1 cm. This will narrow the sleeve slightly.
Cuff width -1 cm, if you feel it is too wide.
Armhole -1 cm, if the armhole is not currently rubbing against your armpit.
Lower collar -1 cm. This will take care of the excess fabric on the back, right below the collar.
Back chest (armpit to armpit) -1 cm
Coat front +1
Jacket length -1.5 cm. Please double check. It should cover your butt completely.
How does the waist and rise feel? Those are common adjustments
Seat +1 cm
Thigh +0.5 cm
Leg angle adjustment to improve rear trouser line
If you'll measure how long you want the inseam to be, we can hem the trousers for you. It may be more accurate to measure another pair of trousers that fit you well.post #4242 of 58527/16/14 at 6:20am
Seems reasonable, but I would consider leaving the cuff width as is if you ever wear double cuffs. That's also a lot off the back length for me, but I'm guessing you want to play with the balance a bit, right? The only suggestion I'd make is to lessen the trouser taper from the knee down so that you can go a little longer without introducing more break.post #4243 of 58527/20/14 at 2:10pmpost #4244 of 58527/20/14 at 4:51pmQuote:
TR7089. I have it and still wear it fairly often, great fabricpost #4245 of 58527/20/14 at 6:45pm
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 25 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 35 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...