I suggest taking it to your local tailor and try to use the $50 for a repair or at least get a consultation.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 11/19/15 at 7:14pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 283post #4231 of 50537/8/14 at 6:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4232 of 50537/10/14 at 1:57pm
Just wanted to thank Kent and his team. I placed my first order for a silk knit tie and pocket square a while back. The package seems to have been lost somewhere along the border of the U.S. and Canada. The customer service was great - fast responses to my emails, and they sent a replacement package promptly. Just received my awesome tie and square, but beyond that, it's so nice to deal with a business that makes customer service a priority.post #4233 of 50537/11/14 at 12:01pmpost #4234 of 50537/11/14 at 1:42pmTrail suit fit pics. Lighting is terrible. I may retake for that reason alone.
Other than that though, the fit is quite good. I'm 5'11", 175 lbs, and this is a 40R. I suspect alterations will be minor. I haven't heard back from Aaron/Kent yet, and I have my own ideas for what needs to be done, but I look forward to their thoughts as well.
Edit: Err, yes, I recognize I am wearing walnut shoes with a charcoal suit. I grabbed the first shoe in my closet.
Edited by unjung - 7/11/14 at 2:02pmpost #4235 of 50537/11/14 at 8:14pmpost #4236 of 50537/12/14 at 5:55pmpost #4237 of 50537/13/14 at 4:39ampost #4238 of 50537/13/14 at 9:27ampost #4239 of 50537/13/14 at 6:07pmpost #4240 of 50537/14/14 at 10:37pmpost #4241 of 50537/15/14 at 12:21pmAaron's comments to me:Quote:Jacket
Shoulder width looks good, Please double check
What is causing the lump in the left coat shoulder? I don't see it when you are in shirtsleeves.
Buttoning point looks good. Please double check. The buttoning point should be at the narrowest part of your waist. Look at the side of the jacket and see where it curves in the most.
Sleeve length +0.5 cm. Please double check. With your arms laying naturally at your side, your shirt sleeve should end at the third joint (base joint) of your thumb. The jacket sleeve should end 1.5 cm above that.
Bicep -1 cm. This will narrow the sleeve slightly.
Cuff width -1 cm, if you feel it is too wide.
Armhole -1 cm, if the armhole is not currently rubbing against your armpit.
Lower collar -1 cm. This will take care of the excess fabric on the back, right below the collar.
Back chest (armpit to armpit) -1 cm
Coat front +1
Jacket length -1.5 cm. Please double check. It should cover your butt completely.
How does the waist and rise feel? Those are common adjustments
Seat +1 cm
Thigh +0.5 cm
Leg angle adjustment to improve rear trouser line
If you'll measure how long you want the inseam to be, we can hem the trousers for you. It may be more accurate to measure another pair of trousers that fit you well.post #4242 of 50537/16/14 at 6:20am
Seems reasonable, but I would consider leaving the cuff width as is if you ever wear double cuffs. That's also a lot off the back length for me, but I'm guessing you want to play with the balance a bit, right? The only suggestion I'd make is to lessen the trouser taper from the knee down so that you can go a little longer without introducing more break.post #4243 of 50537/20/14 at 2:10pmpost #4244 of 50537/20/14 at 4:51pmQuote:
TR7089. I have it and still wear it fairly often, great fabric
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 30 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 1 minute ago
- › Bespoke shoes - Calzoleria Riccardo Borella 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 24 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories