or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 280

post #4186 of 4249
Fix the narrow lapels? No. I like both narrow and niormal. Actually that jacket was altered to remove bulk from the chest, waist etc. I think I'm puffing my chest a bit cause it's much better than the pic suggests. There is some bowing but I don't care about that cause that's an easy tweak. As for shoulder there is more padding on the edges of the ropped. A few people made comments on my new KW suits saying they looked more casual and unstuctured than my others. The only real difference is I moved to the soft shoulder.i Think im staring too much at these pics cause i dont like any of them right now smile.gif. I still wish i could get a shoulder like the second exaple pic i posted.
Edited by irock7777 - 6/24/14 at 9:03am
post #4187 of 4249
I'm almost positive that your problem is your suit shoulders extending slightly past your natural shoulders. Even if slight, it can throw off the visual effect. Hard to tell without being there in person, though.
post #4188 of 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem12387 View Post

I'm almost positive that your problem is your suit shoulders extending slightly past your natural shoulders. Even if slight, it can throw off the visual effect. Hard to tell without being there in person, though.

Yes im hoping your right.  I can over adjust and under adjust the jacket chest/waist but something has always seemed off.  Im crossing my fingers ithe shoulder width will do the trick.  Im going to try the normal shoulded too instead of soft.

post #4189 of 4249
A few more pics of the new KW suit. Lessons learned: 1) increase the chest measurement a hair. 2) Maybe a quarter inch longer pants? 3) Do more leg exercises. 4) Get better lighting in my office.





post #4190 of 4249
Looks pretty good CD, except for the signature KW messy rear trouser legs.
post #4191 of 4249
Has anyone noticed a change in the material used to make shirts in the past two years? I ordered a few shirts from Kent recently and the new shirts have a sheer about them that makes them look cheap and doesn't feel the same. The blue poplin definitely is a different color than it was two years ago. Kent?
post #4192 of 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by irock7777 View Post
 

Yes im hoping your right.  I can over adjust and under adjust the jacket chest/waist but something has always seemed off.  Im crossing my fingers ithe shoulder width will do the trick.  Im going to try the normal shoulded too instead of soft.

 

Sorry, but I see no way that decreasing your shoulder width will address the issue that you need to add to the chest measurement.  Your lapels are bowing and the jacket is too tight in the chest.  I'm not saying you should or should not narrow the shoulders, but you will need to make other tweaks as well.

post #4193 of 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

Sorry, but I see no way that decreasing your shoulder width will address the issue that you need to add to the chest measurement.  Your lapels are bowing and the jacket is too tight in the chest.  I'm not saying you should or should not narrow the shoulders, but you will need to make other tweaks as well.
If you would have read my message to begin with i said please diregard the bowing of the chest on that jacket.  None of my other KW fit that way as you can see in the pics.  I think it was just altered a touch too tight and that pic is exagerating it. That had the same measuents as another one not pictured and the other has no issues. Just had it altered too much. And honestly a little bowing doesnt bother me becasue no one outside of this forum will notice unless im posing for a picture. Please no more comments on that 
Edited by irock7777 - 6/24/14 at 3:11pm
post #4194 of 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by irock7777 View Post
 

If you would have read my message to begin with i said please diregard the bowing of the chest on that jacket.  None of my other KW fit that way as you can see in the pics.  I think it was just altered a touch too tight and that pic is exagerating it. And honestly a little bowing doesnt bother me becasue no one outside of this forum will notice unless im posing for a picture. Please no more comments on that

 

This is really not a constructive way to respond to people trying to help you after you asked for assistance.  I've had instances in the past where I summarily rejected a suggestion only to later realize that the poster was right.  YMMV.

post #4195 of 4249

Exepect i already acknowledged the issue and said no need to comment on it.  Chill Bro!

post #4196 of 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by irock7777 View Post
 

Exepect i already acknowledged the issue and said no need to comment on it.  Chill Bro!

 

Is it wrong that your sensitivity to the issue makes me want to keep posting pictures of the fit and telling you that your lapels are too narrow and chest too tight?

 

post #4197 of 4249
irock7777, you had the chest and waist taken in after you received the jacket? Isn't this like your fourth KW MTM suit? Seems like those measurements should be nailed down after 1 or 2 iterations, at most. Anyway, I agree with New Shoes; the jacket is too tight now. Lapels bowing, obvious pulling at the button...
post #4198 of 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by irock7777 View Post

There is some bowing but I don't care about that cause that's an easy tweak.

 

For the love of god let me quote myself about 10 posts back about the chest.  I get it.  The original question was about the shoulders.  Stay focused

 

Flyswatter

 

Ive ordered four total.  The first one was way off in the jacket/pants.  So i started adjusting slightly.  The second was better but still very off.  Next I ordered two together.  The blue that new shoes is jealous over and a grey.  The grey fits perfect(with tailor adjustments).  The Blue is a touch tight.  The tailor must have taken in the blue more than the grey.(Both exact same measurements from KW) But im cool with the Blue and not fixing.  So yes im still adjusting. The tailor said i can still take more out of the jacket waist and below.  Plus i was told with my build that a MTM might alwayas need alterations

 

Here is a quick mirror pic of the grey(Exact same measurements as Blue).  Chest is fine on the grey.  Just an alteration issue and bad pic on the blue(which is why i said please ignore the chest)

 


Edited by irock7777 - 6/24/14 at 6:22pm
post #4199 of 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by irock7777 View Post

For the love of god let me quote myself about 10 posts back about the chest.  I get it.  The original question was about the shoulders.  Stay focused

Flyswatter

Ive ordered four total.  The first one was way off in the jacket/pants.  So i started adjusting slightly.  The second was better but still very off.  Next I ordered two together.  The blue that new shoes is jealous over and a grey.  The grey fits perfect(with tailor adjustments).  The Blue is a touch tight.  The tailor must have taken in the blue more than the grey.(Both exact same measurements from KW) But im cool with the Blue and not fixing.  So yes im still adjusting. The tailor said i can still take more out of the jacket waist and below.  Plus i was told with my build that a MTM might alwayas need alterations

Here is a quick mirror pic of the grey(Exact same measurements as Blue).  Chest is fine on the grey.  Just an alteration issue and bad pic on the blue(which is why i said please ignore the chest)



That gray jacket is also not a great fit. Look at Cousin Donuts' fits. His are KW MTM as well and he generally nails the slim fit you seem to be aiming for. Even the one above where he wants to add to the chest is miles better than the fits you posted. Pay particular attention to how his lapels lay flat, yet creates the appearance of a V.

Flyswatter is another poster with a muscular physique that would be a good example for you to learn about fit.
post #4200 of 4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


Even the one above where he wants to add to the chest is miles better than the fits you posted.

That seems like your trolling a bit.  Do people actually agree with this .  Ive posted two suits before yesterday and all was positive feedback and no suggestions to add to the chest.  Just an occational comment on the pant and the shoulder, which were correct because the pants have always been an issue.  Also, sorry cousindonuts, but he has no body shape.  So i could only assume we will wear suits differently. i have an almost 10 inch drop(8 on KW, 10 on Jcrew).  If others agree with you then i will resconsider but your the first so far to critique the chest.  I think it may be a personal preference thing.  Reposted the suits to critique below. They just dont seem miles worse to me

 

 

 


Edited by irock7777 - 6/24/14 at 8:35pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread