Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 271post #4051 of 53135/10/14 at 11:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4052 of 53135/12/14 at 9:34pm
Got my trial suit however I feel it fits much too big. I prefer a slim/tailored look; with this size it feels as though I can almost size down (both jacket and trousers).
What do you think of the recommendations below?
Shoulder slope -1 cm each side.
Buttoning point -1 cm
Sleeve length -2 cm
Cuff width -1 cm
Armhole -1 cm
Lower collar -1 cm
Back chest (armpit to armpit) -1 cm
Waist -1 cm
Jacket length -1.5 cm
Back seam -1 cm
post #4053 of 53135/12/14 at 10:13pmpost #4054 of 53135/12/14 at 11:14pmpost #4055 of 53135/12/14 at 11:33pmpost #4056 of 53135/13/14 at 12:24ampost #4057 of 53135/13/14 at 4:52amQuote:
how the pants fit in the hips is more important than the waist, and his pics don't show that, although even without, the pants look pretty big.post #4058 of 53135/13/14 at 6:31am
Weight can be a bit deceiving of a number because it depends on the source (e.g. muscle weighs more than fat), but I agree with everyone else that you should drop down at least one size. What size trial suit did you order?
FWIW I'm 5-10 and 175 and the 40R fit me in the shoulders quite well.post #4059 of 53135/13/14 at 7:31amI am 6', 160lbs with broader shoulders and narrow down the torso and legs, like a cross country runner. I tried on both the 38 and 40. Pretty much took the body measurements of the 38, and the shoulders and length of the 40. If he had a 39 at the time, it probably would have been good for me.
I suggest you do the same. Note the adjustments for this one, try the smaller size and make the same notes, and see how they triangulate. It adds a few bucks and a week or so, but it may be worth it.post #4060 of 53135/13/14 at 8:40pmpost #4061 of 53135/18/14 at 9:02pmpost #4062 of 53135/19/14 at 6:08ampost #4063 of 53135/19/14 at 10:44ampost #4064 of 53135/19/14 at 10:48ampost #4065 of 53135/19/14 at 10:51amQuote:
I got the roped shoulder. I don't have good pictures but they sent me a picture when I was considering it and it is an accurate representation. I like it.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 7 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 10 minutes ago
- › Balmain Jacket help. 13 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.