Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 6/28/15 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:52 am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 271post #4051 of 48425/10/14 at 11:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4052 of 48425/12/14 at 9:34pm
Got my trial suit however I feel it fits much too big. I prefer a slim/tailored look; with this size it feels as though I can almost size down (both jacket and trousers).
What do you think of the recommendations below?
Shoulder slope -1 cm each side.
Buttoning point -1 cm
Sleeve length -2 cm
Cuff width -1 cm
Armhole -1 cm
Lower collar -1 cm
Back chest (armpit to armpit) -1 cm
Waist -1 cm
Jacket length -1.5 cm
Back seam -1 cm
post #4053 of 48425/12/14 at 10:13pmpost #4054 of 48425/12/14 at 11:14pmpost #4055 of 48425/12/14 at 11:33pmpost #4056 of 48425/13/14 at 12:24ampost #4057 of 48425/13/14 at 4:52amQuote:
how the pants fit in the hips is more important than the waist, and his pics don't show that, although even without, the pants look pretty big.post #4058 of 48425/13/14 at 6:31am
Weight can be a bit deceiving of a number because it depends on the source (e.g. muscle weighs more than fat), but I agree with everyone else that you should drop down at least one size. What size trial suit did you order?
FWIW I'm 5-10 and 175 and the 40R fit me in the shoulders quite well.post #4059 of 48425/13/14 at 7:31amI am 6', 160lbs with broader shoulders and narrow down the torso and legs, like a cross country runner. I tried on both the 38 and 40. Pretty much took the body measurements of the 38, and the shoulders and length of the 40. If he had a 39 at the time, it probably would have been good for me.
I suggest you do the same. Note the adjustments for this one, try the smaller size and make the same notes, and see how they triangulate. It adds a few bucks and a week or so, but it may be worth it.post #4060 of 48425/13/14 at 8:40pmpost #4061 of 48425/18/14 at 9:02pmpost #4062 of 48425/19/14 at 6:08ampost #4063 of 48425/19/14 at 10:44ampost #4064 of 48425/19/14 at 10:48ampost #4065 of 48425/19/14 at 10:51amQuote:
I got the roped shoulder. I don't have good pictures but they sent me a picture when I was considering it and it is an accurate representation. I like it.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Poor man's watch thread 28 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 5 minutes ago
- › Just bought this watch for $800 from Macys. Was it a good buy? 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Seconds - Salvagable? 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...