Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 11/24/14 at 6:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 2:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 271post #4051 of 45365/10/14 at 11:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4052 of 45365/12/14 at 9:34pm
Got my trial suit however I feel it fits much too big. I prefer a slim/tailored look; with this size it feels as though I can almost size down (both jacket and trousers).
What do you think of the recommendations below?
Shoulder slope -1 cm each side.
Buttoning point -1 cm
Sleeve length -2 cm
Cuff width -1 cm
Armhole -1 cm
Lower collar -1 cm
Back chest (armpit to armpit) -1 cm
Waist -1 cm
Jacket length -1.5 cm
Back seam -1 cm
post #4053 of 45365/12/14 at 10:13pmpost #4054 of 45365/12/14 at 11:14pmpost #4055 of 45365/12/14 at 11:33pmpost #4056 of 45365/13/14 at 12:24ampost #4057 of 45365/13/14 at 4:52amQuote:
how the pants fit in the hips is more important than the waist, and his pics don't show that, although even without, the pants look pretty big.post #4058 of 45365/13/14 at 6:31am
Weight can be a bit deceiving of a number because it depends on the source (e.g. muscle weighs more than fat), but I agree with everyone else that you should drop down at least one size. What size trial suit did you order?
FWIW I'm 5-10 and 175 and the 40R fit me in the shoulders quite well.post #4059 of 45365/13/14 at 7:31amI am 6', 160lbs with broader shoulders and narrow down the torso and legs, like a cross country runner. I tried on both the 38 and 40. Pretty much took the body measurements of the 38, and the shoulders and length of the 40. If he had a 39 at the time, it probably would have been good for me.
I suggest you do the same. Note the adjustments for this one, try the smaller size and make the same notes, and see how they triangulate. It adds a few bucks and a week or so, but it may be worth it.post #4060 of 45365/13/14 at 8:40pmpost #4061 of 45365/18/14 at 9:02pmpost #4062 of 45365/19/14 at 6:08ampost #4063 of 45365/19/14 at 10:44ampost #4064 of 45365/19/14 at 10:48ampost #4065 of 45365/19/14 at 10:51amQuote:
I got the roped shoulder. I don't have good pictures but they sent me a picture when I was considering it and it is an accurate representation. I like it.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 9 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 9 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 10 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › 9.5E Walnut Shell Dalton 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...