Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 9/28/14 at 7:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 10/23/14 at 1:38am in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 257post #3841 of 44763/29/14 at 2:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3842 of 44763/29/14 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ironist
Just got my pair of Suttons / handgrade loafers today!
Sized down to 6.5 from 7 for these as I was slightly loose in the Matthews. Shoes fit perfectly! Definitely wider than the Claytons. Toe box had ample width even though I sized down which is usually my problem.
It isn't as sleek as the other lasts but it is pretty sleek for a loafer. It's not chunky like most loafers and I like the shape and chisel toe. Again, the toe shape is wider than all the other lasts.
I honestly couldn't tell this was Museum Calf at first. Even though they are the same color, while indoors, they looked slightly different from my brown Porters. The museum effect was more subdued and it seemed darker. Not so much like the site but more like the photo of the loafer posted back when the handgrade line first started. This could be a difference in batch. However, they started to look more like the photos when taken in the shade outdoors as seen from the photos below. Also, the light edge trim is definitely a stark contrast to the darker leather. It's nice if that's what you are looking for and it reminds me of the Alden Indy's. I was wearing jeans today and I have to say, these pair nicely with them. They'd also go nicely with chinos.
Unfortunately no fiddleback waist with this one but it's a loafer and I expected that. The channeled sole with beveled waist are still very nice. A lot better than the C&J Sydney which is a big part of why I bought these instead.
Definitely well worth the $450. I really feel like these shoes don't get praised enough in comparison to the hype other brands like Meermin get. I have read quite a few disparaging comments on the museum calf and although I don't have any other basis for comparison, they look pretty good to me. Also, out of the four shoes I purchased from KW, none of them had the kind of defects present in some of the Meermin posts and I am very happy with the quality and craftsmanship. It would just be nice if they had more models / colors to choose from.
Oh, and the shoe trees are very nice too. Fit all my handgrades perfectly. Well worth the extra $20-30 over normal shoe trees.
I apologize for the background and camera phone quality, just wanted to find a place with decent shade. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Great informative review and photos. Could you post a shot paired with the jeans???post #3843 of 44763/29/14 at 7:22pmpost #3844 of 44763/30/14 at 2:40ampost #3845 of 44763/30/14 at 10:59ampost #3846 of 44763/30/14 at 11:03ampost #3847 of 44763/30/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
I've posted a bunch of pics with a 40L jacket with wide lapels. I think my shoulder measurement is about 18.5", if you search for pics I posted ITT you should be able to find them. Personally, I love the wide lapels on Kent's suits. They seem to fit my stature really well.post #3848 of 44763/30/14 at 2:24pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by europrep
I do, but it is at the tailor. I'll get you a pic in two weeks (away this week for a little vaca). My recommendation is go with the standard. I like slightly wider lapels, but I found the wide a bit much on a 40R. I believe Kent's standard width is still wider than most standards.
I also have a 40 with standard lapel width, and it's wider than what I would consider "normal". I'd imagine the wide is probably Tom Ford batwing lapel wide.
I really like the width of the standard lapels, it's just perfect IMO.post #3849 of 44763/30/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
Would you mind posting some pics?post #3850 of 44763/30/14 at 5:30pmpost #3851 of 44763/30/14 at 5:43pmpost #3852 of 44763/30/14 at 5:55pmQuote:
Ha, not quite. Here's my 44 (nipped a bit, so it's probably more like a 43) with the wide lapel option. I've posted this pic before:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They don't look a whole lot bigger on a 40.post #3853 of 44763/30/14 at 6:57pmpost #3854 of 44763/30/14 at 7:03pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1545 Active Users (304 Members and 1241 Guests)
- › Watch Real Madrid vs Barcelona Live Stream Free La Liga 21 seconds ago
- › Watch Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona Live Stream free online 30 seconds ago
- › Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona Live Stream 35 seconds ago
- › Watch Real Madrid vs Barcelona live stream free 38 seconds ago
- › !!!NCaa Tv!!!@@@=North Carolina vs Virginia Live Stream 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Liverpool vs Hull City Live Streaming 2014 Online 2 minutes ago
- › Southampton vs Stoke City Live Streaming 2014 Online 3 minutes ago
- › Sunderland vs Arsenal Live Streaming 2014 Online 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...