Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:25 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 6/3/15 at 4:58am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:22 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 257post #3841 of 48353/29/14 at 2:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3842 of 48353/29/14 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ironist
Just got my pair of Suttons / handgrade loafers today!
Sized down to 6.5 from 7 for these as I was slightly loose in the Matthews. Shoes fit perfectly! Definitely wider than the Claytons. Toe box had ample width even though I sized down which is usually my problem.
It isn't as sleek as the other lasts but it is pretty sleek for a loafer. It's not chunky like most loafers and I like the shape and chisel toe. Again, the toe shape is wider than all the other lasts.
I honestly couldn't tell this was Museum Calf at first. Even though they are the same color, while indoors, they looked slightly different from my brown Porters. The museum effect was more subdued and it seemed darker. Not so much like the site but more like the photo of the loafer posted back when the handgrade line first started. This could be a difference in batch. However, they started to look more like the photos when taken in the shade outdoors as seen from the photos below. Also, the light edge trim is definitely a stark contrast to the darker leather. It's nice if that's what you are looking for and it reminds me of the Alden Indy's. I was wearing jeans today and I have to say, these pair nicely with them. They'd also go nicely with chinos.
Unfortunately no fiddleback waist with this one but it's a loafer and I expected that. The channeled sole with beveled waist are still very nice. A lot better than the C&J Sydney which is a big part of why I bought these instead.
Definitely well worth the $450. I really feel like these shoes don't get praised enough in comparison to the hype other brands like Meermin get. I have read quite a few disparaging comments on the museum calf and although I don't have any other basis for comparison, they look pretty good to me. Also, out of the four shoes I purchased from KW, none of them had the kind of defects present in some of the Meermin posts and I am very happy with the quality and craftsmanship. It would just be nice if they had more models / colors to choose from.
Oh, and the shoe trees are very nice too. Fit all my handgrades perfectly. Well worth the extra $20-30 over normal shoe trees.
I apologize for the background and camera phone quality, just wanted to find a place with decent shade. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Great informative review and photos. Could you post a shot paired with the jeans???post #3843 of 48353/29/14 at 7:22pmpost #3844 of 48353/30/14 at 2:40ampost #3845 of 48353/30/14 at 10:59ampost #3846 of 48353/30/14 at 11:03ampost #3847 of 48353/30/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
I've posted a bunch of pics with a 40L jacket with wide lapels. I think my shoulder measurement is about 18.5", if you search for pics I posted ITT you should be able to find them. Personally, I love the wide lapels on Kent's suits. They seem to fit my stature really well.post #3848 of 48353/30/14 at 2:24pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by europrep
I do, but it is at the tailor. I'll get you a pic in two weeks (away this week for a little vaca). My recommendation is go with the standard. I like slightly wider lapels, but I found the wide a bit much on a 40R. I believe Kent's standard width is still wider than most standards.
I also have a 40 with standard lapel width, and it's wider than what I would consider "normal". I'd imagine the wide is probably Tom Ford batwing lapel wide.
I really like the width of the standard lapels, it's just perfect IMO.post #3849 of 48353/30/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
Would you mind posting some pics?post #3850 of 48353/30/14 at 5:30pmpost #3851 of 48353/30/14 at 5:43pmpost #3852 of 48353/30/14 at 5:55pmQuote:
Ha, not quite. Here's my 44 (nipped a bit, so it's probably more like a 43) with the wide lapel option. I've posted this pic before:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They don't look a whole lot bigger on a 40.post #3853 of 48353/30/14 at 6:57pmpost #3854 of 48353/30/14 at 7:03pmpost #3855 of 48353/30/14 at 7:46pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 994 Active Users (188 Members and 806 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Video Games 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 22 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 31 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...