Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 11/30/16 at 9:18am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 257post #3841 of 60283/29/14 at 2:53pmpost #3842 of 60283/29/14 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ironist
Just got my pair of Suttons / handgrade loafers today!
Sized down to 6.5 from 7 for these as I was slightly loose in the Matthews. Shoes fit perfectly! Definitely wider than the Claytons. Toe box had ample width even though I sized down which is usually my problem.
It isn't as sleek as the other lasts but it is pretty sleek for a loafer. It's not chunky like most loafers and I like the shape and chisel toe. Again, the toe shape is wider than all the other lasts.
I honestly couldn't tell this was Museum Calf at first. Even though they are the same color, while indoors, they looked slightly different from my brown Porters. The museum effect was more subdued and it seemed darker. Not so much like the site but more like the photo of the loafer posted back when the handgrade line first started. This could be a difference in batch. However, they started to look more like the photos when taken in the shade outdoors as seen from the photos below. Also, the light edge trim is definitely a stark contrast to the darker leather. It's nice if that's what you are looking for and it reminds me of the Alden Indy's. I was wearing jeans today and I have to say, these pair nicely with them. They'd also go nicely with chinos.
Unfortunately no fiddleback waist with this one but it's a loafer and I expected that. The channeled sole with beveled waist are still very nice. A lot better than the C&J Sydney which is a big part of why I bought these instead.
Definitely well worth the $450. I really feel like these shoes don't get praised enough in comparison to the hype other brands like Meermin get. I have read quite a few disparaging comments on the museum calf and although I don't have any other basis for comparison, they look pretty good to me. Also, out of the four shoes I purchased from KW, none of them had the kind of defects present in some of the Meermin posts and I am very happy with the quality and craftsmanship. It would just be nice if they had more models / colors to choose from.
Oh, and the shoe trees are very nice too. Fit all my handgrades perfectly. Well worth the extra $20-30 over normal shoe trees.
I apologize for the background and camera phone quality, just wanted to find a place with decent shade. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Great informative review and photos. Could you post a shot paired with the jeans???post #3843 of 60283/29/14 at 7:22pmpost #3844 of 60283/30/14 at 2:40ampost #3845 of 60283/30/14 at 10:59ampost #3846 of 60283/30/14 at 11:03ampost #3847 of 60283/30/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
I've posted a bunch of pics with a 40L jacket with wide lapels. I think my shoulder measurement is about 18.5", if you search for pics I posted ITT you should be able to find them. Personally, I love the wide lapels on Kent's suits. They seem to fit my stature really well.post #3848 of 60283/30/14 at 2:24pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by europrep
I do, but it is at the tailor. I'll get you a pic in two weeks (away this week for a little vaca). My recommendation is go with the standard. I like slightly wider lapels, but I found the wide a bit much on a 40R. I believe Kent's standard width is still wider than most standards.
I also have a 40 with standard lapel width, and it's wider than what I would consider "normal". I'd imagine the wide is probably Tom Ford batwing lapel wide.
I really like the width of the standard lapels, it's just perfect IMO.post #3849 of 60283/30/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
Would you mind posting some pics?post #3850 of 60283/30/14 at 5:30pmpost #3851 of 60283/30/14 at 5:43pmpost #3852 of 60283/30/14 at 5:55pmQuote:
Ha, not quite. Here's my 44 (nipped a bit, so it's probably more like a 43) with the wide lapel option. I've posted this pic before:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They don't look a whole lot bigger on a 40.post #3853 of 60283/30/14 at 6:57pmpost #3854 of 60283/30/14 at 7:03pmpost #3855 of 60283/30/14 at 7:46pm
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Currently, there are 1770 Active Users (339 Members and 1431 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › How to make darts less noticeable? 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...