Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 257post #3841 of 53103/29/14 at 2:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3842 of 53103/29/14 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ironist
Just got my pair of Suttons / handgrade loafers today!
Sized down to 6.5 from 7 for these as I was slightly loose in the Matthews. Shoes fit perfectly! Definitely wider than the Claytons. Toe box had ample width even though I sized down which is usually my problem.
It isn't as sleek as the other lasts but it is pretty sleek for a loafer. It's not chunky like most loafers and I like the shape and chisel toe. Again, the toe shape is wider than all the other lasts.
I honestly couldn't tell this was Museum Calf at first. Even though they are the same color, while indoors, they looked slightly different from my brown Porters. The museum effect was more subdued and it seemed darker. Not so much like the site but more like the photo of the loafer posted back when the handgrade line first started. This could be a difference in batch. However, they started to look more like the photos when taken in the shade outdoors as seen from the photos below. Also, the light edge trim is definitely a stark contrast to the darker leather. It's nice if that's what you are looking for and it reminds me of the Alden Indy's. I was wearing jeans today and I have to say, these pair nicely with them. They'd also go nicely with chinos.
Unfortunately no fiddleback waist with this one but it's a loafer and I expected that. The channeled sole with beveled waist are still very nice. A lot better than the C&J Sydney which is a big part of why I bought these instead.
Definitely well worth the $450. I really feel like these shoes don't get praised enough in comparison to the hype other brands like Meermin get. I have read quite a few disparaging comments on the museum calf and although I don't have any other basis for comparison, they look pretty good to me. Also, out of the four shoes I purchased from KW, none of them had the kind of defects present in some of the Meermin posts and I am very happy with the quality and craftsmanship. It would just be nice if they had more models / colors to choose from.
Oh, and the shoe trees are very nice too. Fit all my handgrades perfectly. Well worth the extra $20-30 over normal shoe trees.
I apologize for the background and camera phone quality, just wanted to find a place with decent shade. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Great informative review and photos. Could you post a shot paired with the jeans???post #3843 of 53103/29/14 at 7:22pmpost #3844 of 53103/30/14 at 2:40ampost #3845 of 53103/30/14 at 10:59ampost #3846 of 53103/30/14 at 11:03ampost #3847 of 53103/30/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
I've posted a bunch of pics with a 40L jacket with wide lapels. I think my shoulder measurement is about 18.5", if you search for pics I posted ITT you should be able to find them. Personally, I love the wide lapels on Kent's suits. They seem to fit my stature really well.post #3848 of 53103/30/14 at 2:24pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by europrep
I do, but it is at the tailor. I'll get you a pic in two weeks (away this week for a little vaca). My recommendation is go with the standard. I like slightly wider lapels, but I found the wide a bit much on a 40R. I believe Kent's standard width is still wider than most standards.
I also have a 40 with standard lapel width, and it's wider than what I would consider "normal". I'd imagine the wide is probably Tom Ford batwing lapel wide.
I really like the width of the standard lapels, it's just perfect IMO.post #3849 of 53103/30/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
Would you mind posting some pics?post #3850 of 53103/30/14 at 5:30pmpost #3851 of 53103/30/14 at 5:43pmpost #3852 of 53103/30/14 at 5:55pmQuote:
Ha, not quite. Here's my 44 (nipped a bit, so it's probably more like a 43) with the wide lapel option. I've posted this pic before:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They don't look a whole lot bigger on a 40.post #3853 of 53103/30/14 at 6:57pmpost #3854 of 53103/30/14 at 7:03pmpost #3855 of 53103/30/14 at 7:46pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
Currently, there are 1571 Active Users (401 Members and 1170 Guests)
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 53 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 3 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath... 4 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden Indy Boot - J. Crew Alden Indy 403 / 405 Chromexcel Size... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...