Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 12/9/14 at 9:24am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 12/23/14 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 257post #3841 of 45763/29/14 at 2:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3842 of 45763/29/14 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ironist
Just got my pair of Suttons / handgrade loafers today!
Sized down to 6.5 from 7 for these as I was slightly loose in the Matthews. Shoes fit perfectly! Definitely wider than the Claytons. Toe box had ample width even though I sized down which is usually my problem.
It isn't as sleek as the other lasts but it is pretty sleek for a loafer. It's not chunky like most loafers and I like the shape and chisel toe. Again, the toe shape is wider than all the other lasts.
I honestly couldn't tell this was Museum Calf at first. Even though they are the same color, while indoors, they looked slightly different from my brown Porters. The museum effect was more subdued and it seemed darker. Not so much like the site but more like the photo of the loafer posted back when the handgrade line first started. This could be a difference in batch. However, they started to look more like the photos when taken in the shade outdoors as seen from the photos below. Also, the light edge trim is definitely a stark contrast to the darker leather. It's nice if that's what you are looking for and it reminds me of the Alden Indy's. I was wearing jeans today and I have to say, these pair nicely with them. They'd also go nicely with chinos.
Unfortunately no fiddleback waist with this one but it's a loafer and I expected that. The channeled sole with beveled waist are still very nice. A lot better than the C&J Sydney which is a big part of why I bought these instead.
Definitely well worth the $450. I really feel like these shoes don't get praised enough in comparison to the hype other brands like Meermin get. I have read quite a few disparaging comments on the museum calf and although I don't have any other basis for comparison, they look pretty good to me. Also, out of the four shoes I purchased from KW, none of them had the kind of defects present in some of the Meermin posts and I am very happy with the quality and craftsmanship. It would just be nice if they had more models / colors to choose from.
Oh, and the shoe trees are very nice too. Fit all my handgrades perfectly. Well worth the extra $20-30 over normal shoe trees.
I apologize for the background and camera phone quality, just wanted to find a place with decent shade. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Great informative review and photos. Could you post a shot paired with the jeans???post #3843 of 45763/29/14 at 7:22pmpost #3844 of 45763/30/14 at 2:40ampost #3845 of 45763/30/14 at 10:59ampost #3846 of 45763/30/14 at 11:03ampost #3847 of 45763/30/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
I've posted a bunch of pics with a 40L jacket with wide lapels. I think my shoulder measurement is about 18.5", if you search for pics I posted ITT you should be able to find them. Personally, I love the wide lapels on Kent's suits. They seem to fit my stature really well.post #3848 of 45763/30/14 at 2:24pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by europrep
I do, but it is at the tailor. I'll get you a pic in two weeks (away this week for a little vaca). My recommendation is go with the standard. I like slightly wider lapels, but I found the wide a bit much on a 40R. I believe Kent's standard width is still wider than most standards.
I also have a 40 with standard lapel width, and it's wider than what I would consider "normal". I'd imagine the wide is probably Tom Ford batwing lapel wide.
I really like the width of the standard lapels, it's just perfect IMO.post #3849 of 45763/30/14 at 2:27pmQuote:
Would you mind posting some pics?post #3850 of 45763/30/14 at 5:30pmpost #3851 of 45763/30/14 at 5:43pmpost #3852 of 45763/30/14 at 5:55pmQuote:
Ha, not quite. Here's my 44 (nipped a bit, so it's probably more like a 43) with the wide lapel option. I've posted this pic before:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They don't look a whole lot bigger on a 40.post #3853 of 45763/30/14 at 6:57pmpost #3854 of 45763/30/14 at 7:03pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1117 Active Users (215 Members and 902 Guests)
- › 2014 Clothing Insights and 2015 Clothing Plans 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Barrie last help 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Yet another thread about how to get a shaggy hairstyle like zyzz 7 minutes ago
- › NEW Alden Plain Toe Blucher (PTB) Shell Cordovan Cigar - Barrie... 7 minutes ago
- › Belts: Kiton, John Lobb, Barrett, RLPL, Lanvin, Canali, Orciani,... 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 26 minutes ago
- › Slim or skinny raw denims 32 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 34 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...