or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 255

post #3811 of 4573
Can anyone who owns the burnt orange rugby comment on the fabric quality and depth of color? I've read there's some inconsistencies on quality between the different fabric weights. The burnt orange rugby is a medium weight. Thanks.
post #3812 of 4573

I recently bought the handgrade loafers.  If I had a good camera I'd share pictures, but I don't.  Although the sole edges are light, I think the sleekness (for a penny loafer) goes well with dress slacks.  I have not worn them with jeans but I don't think it would be a bad combination.  I wear size 9E on most AE lasts, 9D Alden Barrie last, and the 9.5D KW loafer fits well.

post #3813 of 4573
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

When do you plan on wearing the loafers? Both the DC and CJ could be worn with dress slacks as well as casual wear although I think the CJs will work better with dress trousers and DC better in casual environment. I am basing this primarily on the lighter colored edges of the DC that are not captured well on KW's website.

Good point, I never really looked at the edge trim. It is weirdly light. I also noticed it is a bit less sleek than the sydney and more chiseled where the sydney is round. Not sure if that is better or worse for my purposes. I don't wear ties or suits that often. This will probably be for mostly casual. I'm thinking sockless with linen pants / ocbd or chinos and a linen shirt. I used to wear my sperrys all the time in college because they were so damn convenient so I'd like something that could replace them but still be more sophisticated than "college frat." Still, I'd like to be able to wear them with light to medium gray / brown wool pants on the odd day that I'd rather wear them than my oxfords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCcolocV View Post

I am literally in the exact same boat, want a med-brown loafer that can go well with both blazer/tie look, and a well fitting pair of indigo jeans and a polo. Strongly considering the KW, but haven't heard or seen any reviews/pics of people that have bought them.

Yeah, I searched the thread and there were like five requests for pictures and no answers. I'll probably get these since it's instant gratification and easy returns in case I get the size wrong. I always defaulted to 7 because I had no choice but the 6.5 may be what I'm looking for as I'm getting slight heel slippage in the double monks. I just need to get confirmation from KW on whether the shoe trees will fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjeebus View Post

I recently bought the handgrade loafers.  If I had a good camera I'd share pictures, but I don't.  Although the sole edges are light, I think the sleekness (for a penny loafer) goes well with dress slacks.  I have not worn them with jeans but I don't think it would be a bad combination.  I wear size 9E on most AE lasts, 9D Alden Barrie last, and the 9.5D KW loafer fits well.

Ah, so there is someone who has these shoes! Thanks for your input.

If I get these, I only need to get the burgundy boot to complete my collection biggrin.gif. And probably the Chukka too for good measure.
post #3814 of 4573
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post

Can anyone who owns the burnt orange rugby comment on the fabric quality and depth of color? I've read there's some inconsistencies on quality between the different fabric weights. The burnt orange rugby is a medium weight. Thanks.
I love the fabric and depth of color. Really top notch. Also a near perfect Texas burnt orange icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3815 of 4573

1st - Hi all, as far as shoe sizing on the KW site are they in US or EU sizing? I am a size 10D in Allen Edmonds Strands.

 

2nd - I will be a groomsman in a wedding this summer and the groom wants us to wear black suits and black shoes. I actually don't own a pair if black dress shoes since I've never had a need for them. Do you guys think I could get away with KW navy hand grade caps or would the navy be too "obvious"? I figured Id get more use out of navy than black.

 

Thanks

post #3816 of 4573

I'm sure it's hidden somewhere in these 255 pages of comments but I'd like to thank Kent for all his efforts and am exceptionally happy with my Burgundy Cat and Shinagawa squares.  My only ask is that one day the dimensions of his squares increase by 1/3 in all directions (except in the third dimension).

post #3817 of 4573
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

1st - Hi all, as far as shoe sizing on the KW site are they in US or EU sizing? I am a size 10D in Allen Edmonds Strands.

2nd - I will be a groomsman in a wedding this summer and the groom wants us to wear black suits and black shoes. I actually don't own a pair if black dress shoes since I've never had a need for them. Do you guys think I could get away with KW navy hand grade caps or would the navy be too "obvious"? I figured Id get more use out of navy than black.

Thanks

I'm 7D in strands and 7 in KW handgrades. They fit TTS. Well, since they are museum calf, they would be especially obvious. Stick to black, get the plaintoe black benchgrade. It's cheaper and even though many people don't like black shoes, I think everyone can agree that you will always have more use for black shoes than navy shoes. Plus, it's your friends wedding, I'd respect his wishes.
post #3818 of 4573
Since we're on the topic of the navy shoes, how dark is it? It looks light in the pics but some brands have navy where it's pretty much black depending on the lighting
post #3819 of 4573

Look through the gallery of pics for the trunk shoe picture.  In the back, you can see the navy museum calf.  Definitely looks different than on the website and as you said, I don't think it is close to being the darker navy that other maker's tend to use. 

post #3820 of 4573
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCcolocV View Post

I am literally in the exact same boat, want a med-brown loafer that can go well with both blazer/tie look, and a well fitting pair of indigo jeans and a polo. Strongly considering the KW, but haven't heard or seen any reviews/pics of people that have bought them.

Just placed an order. Will post photos when I get it.
post #3821 of 4573
Well done. Look forward to pics at different angles
post #3822 of 4573
Anyone who ordered the tr7124 have good pics? I want to see the texture made up as a jacket
post #3823 of 4573
Thread Starter 

The Spring 2014 fabrics have now been posted on the Suit page under the Fabrics section.

post #3824 of 4573
post #3825 of 4573
got the navy museum calf porter, great shoe, but it's a bit narrower than normal UK medium width, so quite snug on my feet.

very hard to tell the mottling on the navy museum calf.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread