If it were me, even though they will wrinkle when I start to wear them, I would exchange them for a new pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 12:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 6/28/15 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 12:37 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 2:58 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 249post #3721 of 48473/4/14 at 11:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3722 of 48473/4/14 at 4:58pmpost #3723 of 48473/4/14 at 5:53pmpost #3724 of 48473/4/14 at 6:22pmCan't speak for the benchgrades but the DC Lewis handgrades are better. The calf is more supple and takes a shine well. The soles are actually more durable, my leather souled Carminas are even a little younger than my KWs but are far more worn. Kent's are also manufactured and finished to a higher quality. I really dig what Carmina has to offer, but it's no contest in terms of raw quality. You're just more limited in the styles available with the Kent Wang shoes so it's a toss up depending on the shoe you want.post #3725 of 48473/4/14 at 7:32pmpost #3726 of 48473/4/14 at 8:31pmpost #3727 of 48473/5/14 at 10:39amQuote:
You already got some decent answers here but I will throw in a bit more. The best place to start is with basics. So just as you're starting w/ a navy and charcoal suit you should start with similarly basic pocket squares as they are often the most versatile. As you may already know, white linen is the best place to start. It looks good almost all the time, especially with classic charcoal and navy suits. Kent is an advocate of the subtle paisley print white square, and while I have never seen it in real life, Kent is no slouch when it comes to dressing so that might be a good substitute if you find plain white linen too boring. Next, I would say white linen with a navy / dark blue edge. Beyond that, people have given decent advice and there are also entire threads dedicated to this. My one word of advice would be to avoid red pockets squares. I just don't think they ever look good.
EDIT: I meant leaf as indicated below. Not paisley. Sorry for any confusion.
Edited by deepitm - 3/7/14 at 9:03ampost #3728 of 48473/5/14 at 2:02pmpost #3729 of 48473/6/14 at 5:44ampost #3730 of 48473/6/14 at 7:17ampost #3731 of 48473/6/14 at 8:12ampost #3732 of 48473/6/14 at 8:18ampost #3733 of 48473/6/14 at 8:42amQuote:
I'm a 7 in Kent's bench grade, but had to size up to the 8 in the sneakers. The 7 was too tight all around.post #3734 of 48473/6/14 at 11:14amQuote:
I have one of his belts. It can go dress or casual, though I generally prefer my casual belts slightly less thick. Nevertheless, IMHO it's a very nice quality belt that will last a long time.post #3735 of 48473/6/14 at 3:53pmQuote:
Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I suspected. I'm looking for strictly a dress belt and don't really want anything too thick so I think I'll pass. Have no doubt it's great quality though. Everything I've bought from Kent has been really nice.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 1225 Active Users (220 Members and 1005 Guests)
- › Australian Members 14 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 28 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › -70% new, Caruso Sartoria Parma Sports Jacket, EU 50 -> US 40R,... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...