Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 234
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3497 of 531312/18/13 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Timmbo
Longtime lurker/frequenter of other forums - originally from London, I bought a couple of Kent Wang ties a couple of years ago and never got round to exploring his other offerings. Having moved to NYC for work a couple of months ago, I dropped them an email to see if I could swing by the pop-up shop to try on some outerwear. I went over today - although the trench was not quite what I was after, I did end up with an order for a 3-piece in Ariston Navy (AR0011).
I must say, very impressed by the apparent quality of the construction, choice of fabrics and price point. Also, Aaron is a lovely chap - very knowledgable, helpful and good to have a chat with.
I think I may have been in the pop up shop at the same time as you getting fitted with my girlfriend. Could be wrong though... But the dates seem to match up and I remember someone coming in to try on the trench.
I am also considering AR0011. I keep going back and forth. When looking at this fabric in sunlight, it seems to have nice blue to it without being overly dark which I like
Edited by fJab17 - 12/18/13 at 2:49pmpost #3498 of 531312/19/13 at 2:07pmpost #3499 of 531312/19/13 at 4:25pmpost #3500 of 531312/22/13 at 10:32ampost #3501 of 531312/22/13 at 11:25amThread Starter
No. I'm not a huge fan of them; I just wear sportcoats most of the time. Maybe in the distant future.Quote:
It will continue to run indefinitely.Quote:
There were a lot of backorders that were filled so only a few left. The next restock is Jan 31.post #3502 of 531312/23/13 at 9:42ampost #3503 of 531312/23/13 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by kmitch101
Anyone else purchase the new sweaters? I got the blue one and like it so far. It is definitely very soft and doesn't itch when against the skin. It's also a bit darker than the picture shows on the site (at least to my eyes). I'm no expert on cashmere, so I really can't comment on the quality. Interested in other folks assessment who have purchased one. Where does this stack up in terms of quality versus other brands and price ranges?
So I bought one of the new sweaters and tried on one of the cashmere sweaters on sale at brooks brothers the other day. The prices were similar with KW being around $50 cheaper. I don't know enough to say definitively which is better since I know nothing about cashmere and on paper, 3-ply and Scotland make BB sound a lot better. However, I like the fit of KW, the blue color is great, Kent has been great at answering my questions about cashmere, it felt softer and comfortable, and it was less expensive. I am strongly considering buying the other two colors after Christmas. It's too bad there's no burgundy though.post #3504 of 531312/23/13 at 9:06pmpost #3505 of 531312/24/13 at 8:18ampost #3506 of 531312/24/13 at 9:11amQuote:I think the cashmere from Brooks Brothers is still sourced from Asia though, so the only difference is where it is spun and made.Originally Posted by Ironist
So I bought one of the new sweaters and tried on one of the cashmere sweaters on sale at brooks brothers the other day. The prices were similar with KW being around $50 cheaper. I don't know enough to say definitively which is better since I know nothing about cashmere and on paper, 3-ply and Scotland make BB sound a lot better. However, I like the fit of KW, the blue color is great, Kent has been great at answering my questions about cashmere, it felt softer and comfortable, and it was less expensive. I am strongly considering buying the other two colors after Christmas. It's too bad there's no burgundy though.post #3507 of 531312/27/13 at 7:49ampost #3508 of 531312/27/13 at 2:59pmpost #3509 of 531312/28/13 at 2:11pmpost #3510 of 531312/28/13 at 7:41pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 seconds ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Galways, Brown Utah, Shearling, Size 8.5E UK, 64 Last 4 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 4 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?