Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 11:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 6/28/15 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on Today at 11:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 1:32 pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 234
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3497 of 491212/18/13 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Timmbo
Longtime lurker/frequenter of other forums - originally from London, I bought a couple of Kent Wang ties a couple of years ago and never got round to exploring his other offerings. Having moved to NYC for work a couple of months ago, I dropped them an email to see if I could swing by the pop-up shop to try on some outerwear. I went over today - although the trench was not quite what I was after, I did end up with an order for a 3-piece in Ariston Navy (AR0011).
I must say, very impressed by the apparent quality of the construction, choice of fabrics and price point. Also, Aaron is a lovely chap - very knowledgable, helpful and good to have a chat with.
I think I may have been in the pop up shop at the same time as you getting fitted with my girlfriend. Could be wrong though... But the dates seem to match up and I remember someone coming in to try on the trench.
I am also considering AR0011. I keep going back and forth. When looking at this fabric in sunlight, it seems to have nice blue to it without being overly dark which I like
Edited by fJab17 - 12/18/13 at 2:49pmpost #3498 of 491212/19/13 at 2:07pmpost #3499 of 491212/19/13 at 4:25pmpost #3500 of 491212/22/13 at 10:32ampost #3501 of 491212/22/13 at 11:25amThread Starter
No. I'm not a huge fan of them; I just wear sportcoats most of the time. Maybe in the distant future.Quote:
It will continue to run indefinitely.Quote:
There were a lot of backorders that were filled so only a few left. The next restock is Jan 31.post #3502 of 491212/23/13 at 9:42ampost #3503 of 491212/23/13 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by kmitch101
Anyone else purchase the new sweaters? I got the blue one and like it so far. It is definitely very soft and doesn't itch when against the skin. It's also a bit darker than the picture shows on the site (at least to my eyes). I'm no expert on cashmere, so I really can't comment on the quality. Interested in other folks assessment who have purchased one. Where does this stack up in terms of quality versus other brands and price ranges?
So I bought one of the new sweaters and tried on one of the cashmere sweaters on sale at brooks brothers the other day. The prices were similar with KW being around $50 cheaper. I don't know enough to say definitively which is better since I know nothing about cashmere and on paper, 3-ply and Scotland make BB sound a lot better. However, I like the fit of KW, the blue color is great, Kent has been great at answering my questions about cashmere, it felt softer and comfortable, and it was less expensive. I am strongly considering buying the other two colors after Christmas. It's too bad there's no burgundy though.post #3504 of 491212/23/13 at 9:06pmpost #3505 of 491212/24/13 at 8:18ampost #3506 of 491212/24/13 at 9:11amQuote:I think the cashmere from Brooks Brothers is still sourced from Asia though, so the only difference is where it is spun and made.Originally Posted by Ironist
So I bought one of the new sweaters and tried on one of the cashmere sweaters on sale at brooks brothers the other day. The prices were similar with KW being around $50 cheaper. I don't know enough to say definitively which is better since I know nothing about cashmere and on paper, 3-ply and Scotland make BB sound a lot better. However, I like the fit of KW, the blue color is great, Kent has been great at answering my questions about cashmere, it felt softer and comfortable, and it was less expensive. I am strongly considering buying the other two colors after Christmas. It's too bad there's no burgundy though.post #3507 of 491212/27/13 at 7:49ampost #3508 of 491212/27/13 at 2:59pmpost #3509 of 491212/28/13 at 2:11pmpost #3510 of 491212/28/13 at 7:41pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New Epaulet Monochrome White Leather Hi Tops - Sz US 9 (EU 42) 6 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 9 minutes ago
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...