Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 9/14/14 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 234
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #3497 of 444112/18/13 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Timmbo
Longtime lurker/frequenter of other forums - originally from London, I bought a couple of Kent Wang ties a couple of years ago and never got round to exploring his other offerings. Having moved to NYC for work a couple of months ago, I dropped them an email to see if I could swing by the pop-up shop to try on some outerwear. I went over today - although the trench was not quite what I was after, I did end up with an order for a 3-piece in Ariston Navy (AR0011).
I must say, very impressed by the apparent quality of the construction, choice of fabrics and price point. Also, Aaron is a lovely chap - very knowledgable, helpful and good to have a chat with.
I think I may have been in the pop up shop at the same time as you getting fitted with my girlfriend. Could be wrong though... But the dates seem to match up and I remember someone coming in to try on the trench.
I am also considering AR0011. I keep going back and forth. When looking at this fabric in sunlight, it seems to have nice blue to it without being overly dark which I like
Edited by fJab17 - 12/18/13 at 2:49pmpost #3498 of 444112/19/13 at 2:07pmpost #3499 of 444112/19/13 at 4:25pmpost #3500 of 444112/22/13 at 10:32ampost #3501 of 444112/22/13 at 11:25amThread Starter
No. I'm not a huge fan of them; I just wear sportcoats most of the time. Maybe in the distant future.Quote:
It will continue to run indefinitely.Quote:
There were a lot of backorders that were filled so only a few left. The next restock is Jan 31.post #3502 of 444112/23/13 at 9:42ampost #3503 of 444112/23/13 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by kmitch101
Anyone else purchase the new sweaters? I got the blue one and like it so far. It is definitely very soft and doesn't itch when against the skin. It's also a bit darker than the picture shows on the site (at least to my eyes). I'm no expert on cashmere, so I really can't comment on the quality. Interested in other folks assessment who have purchased one. Where does this stack up in terms of quality versus other brands and price ranges?
So I bought one of the new sweaters and tried on one of the cashmere sweaters on sale at brooks brothers the other day. The prices were similar with KW being around $50 cheaper. I don't know enough to say definitively which is better since I know nothing about cashmere and on paper, 3-ply and Scotland make BB sound a lot better. However, I like the fit of KW, the blue color is great, Kent has been great at answering my questions about cashmere, it felt softer and comfortable, and it was less expensive. I am strongly considering buying the other two colors after Christmas. It's too bad there's no burgundy though.post #3504 of 444112/23/13 at 9:06pmpost #3505 of 444112/24/13 at 8:18ampost #3506 of 444112/24/13 at 9:11amQuote:I think the cashmere from Brooks Brothers is still sourced from Asia though, so the only difference is where it is spun and made.Originally Posted by Ironist
So I bought one of the new sweaters and tried on one of the cashmere sweaters on sale at brooks brothers the other day. The prices were similar with KW being around $50 cheaper. I don't know enough to say definitively which is better since I know nothing about cashmere and on paper, 3-ply and Scotland make BB sound a lot better. However, I like the fit of KW, the blue color is great, Kent has been great at answering my questions about cashmere, it felt softer and comfortable, and it was less expensive. I am strongly considering buying the other two colors after Christmas. It's too bad there's no burgundy though.post #3507 of 444112/27/13 at 7:49ampost #3508 of 444112/27/13 at 2:59pmpost #3509 of 444112/28/13 at 2:11pmpost #3510 of 444112/28/13 at 7:41pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › 7 B/D Alden #8 Shell Cordovan LHS Loafer 986 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Copper Task Roughout Boots 8.5 (9.5) on the 110 Last 8 minutes ago
- › Full Leg Suit Trouser 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Andover (M) 11 minutes ago
- › Consign for a Cause Career Gear Charity Auction 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...