or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 223

post #3331 of 4530
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaour View Post

I've got the same shoes and a black grenadine on the way too...CAN'T WAIT

Edit: Just picked them up from the post office. They are indeed amazing shoes--almost perfect. I feel a bit churlish pointing this out, but i notice the "toe cap-line" (not sure what it's really called) on the left shoe is slightly uneven. It's probably not something anyone else would notice but it kind of bothers me...would I be justified in returning these or is this fairly common? I looked at my AE PAs and the lines were uniformly straight. Am I being too picky?

If you're not 100% happy, send them back. I see what you're talking about and it is picky, but you have every right to be picky.
post #3332 of 4530
Guys, what is the usual turnaround time for the trial suit? The confirmation mail mentioned 24 hours, I've been waiting for four weeks now and still no dispatch notification.

It seems my size is with somebody else but surely there's not only one trial suit per size?

Is this normal? Thanks four your thoughts on this.
post #3333 of 4530
Quote:
Originally Posted by arglist View Post

Guys, what is the usual turnaround time for the trial suit? The confirmation mail mentioned 24 hours, I've been waiting for four weeks now and still no dispatch notification.

It seems my size is with somebody else but surely there's not only one trial suit per size?

Is this normal? Thanks four your thoughts on this.

4 weeks seems a bit ridiculous. But yep, pretty sure there's only one trial jacket and trousers for each size. I had to wait around a week for the trial trousers in my size, as they were with another customer. Can't imagine why someone is holding onto the trial trousers for four weeks, though. They need to be smack.gif.

Why don't you just email KW instead of posting here? They were always very fast to respond to my many emails during the MTM suit process.
post #3334 of 4530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Why don't you just email KW instead of posting here? They were always very fast to respond to my many emails during the MTM suit process.

 

Thanks for your answer, FS. I did ask them two weeks ago and they told me the suit should be sent back to them within a week. I wanted to know if others experienced the same since KW is obviously starting from the premise that it will take only days usually.

 

I have a hard time believing there's only one suit per size. I live in Switzerland and the trial process will take a couple of weeks from transit time alone. Clearly their service is getting very popular so they must keep up with demand.

 

Anyway, I'll be patient. I'm very confident it will arrive soon and I'm looking forward to trying the suit.

post #3335 of 4530
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaour View Post

I've got the same shoes and a black grenadine on the way too...CAN'T WAIT

Edit: Just picked them up from the post office. They are indeed amazing shoes--almost perfect. I feel a bit churlish pointing this out, but i notice the "toe cap-line" (not sure what it's really called) on the left shoe is slightly uneven. It's probably not something anyone else would notice but it kind of bothers me...would I be justified in returning these or is this fairly common? I looked at my AE PAs and the lines were uniformly straight. Am I being too picky?

I once ordered a KW shoe that had minimal damage on it. What you do is e-mail him a photo of the defect to make the exchange happen.

It's definitely the right call to send em back for an exchange given what you paid
post #3336 of 4530
Honestly, for the toe cap line, once you get some wear on the shoe. With the patina, and creases, you really won't be able to tell at all.

But it's your shoes, and your money
post #3337 of 4530
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaour View Post

I've got the same shoes and a black grenadine on the way too...CAN'T WAIT

Edit: Just picked them up from the post office. They are indeed amazing shoes--almost perfect. I feel a bit churlish pointing this out, but i notice the "toe cap-line" (not sure what it's really called) on the left shoe is slightly uneven. It's probably not something anyone else would notice but it kind of bothers me...would I be justified in returning these or is this fairly common? I looked at my AE PAs and the lines were uniformly straight. Am I being too picky? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

As others said, if it bothers you that much, then I am sure you can return it.  My two cents is that it is not a defect.  Shoes that cost a lot more than these from well known names will have the same small "issues."  Call it character.  

post #3338 of 4530
Does anybody own jackets from both Epaulet and KW.

Which one do you prefer and why. Thanks.
post #3339 of 4530
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

Does anybody own jackets from both Epaulet and KW.

Which one do you prefer and why. Thanks.

I own both and prefer KW, but that is only because of the full customization that KW MTM allows. Epaulet has some great made-in-the-US jackets from Southwick with top notch construction (although it's only half-canvassed) and some different fabrics that aren't available through KW. If you like their house cut, then Epaulet is a great option. I'm a huge fan of theirs and I still buy a ton of their products, but I like being able to get wider lapels, longer jackets, and full customization options for shoulders, pockets, and things of that sort.
post #3340 of 4530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
 

New York pop-up

It's currently open, though I haven't made a big announcement yet. I'll try to get some photos soon.

Hey Kent, any more news on the pop-up? How long is it going to be open?

post #3341 of 4530

Is kent really busy? Am having a hard time getting responses from him on my 2nd order. My first order was super fast. 

post #3342 of 4530
Thanks to those of you who chimed in with your thoughts on the issue I had with the shoes. Rather than go through the trouble of sending them back, I worked something out with Kent. As usual, the customer service at Kent Wang is superlative.

I think they must be quite busy indeed as my size of the trial suit was out when I ordered too. I too am anxious to get the process going, but I'm glad their business is thriving.
post #3343 of 4530
Anyone own the hand grade boots? I would appreciate some pics of them in the wild.
post #3344 of 4530

Thinking about buying a scarf from them - any experience anyone?

post #3345 of 4530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onetwobit View Post

Thinking about buying a scarf from them - any experience anyone?

My experience is to wrap a scarf around my neck to stay warm in the winter.

Oh, you are probably asking about quality. Dunno about KW. I have 2 scarves, one from Target and one from Saks. The Target scarf keeps my neck just as warm as the Saks one. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread