or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 220

post #3286 of 4534
Just got my dark brown benchgrade captoes. No duty to Canada icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif KW always takes care of the Canadians.
post #3287 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrifter View Post

Just got my dark brown benchgrade captoes. No duty to Canada icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif KW always takes care of the Canadians.

Sweet.

Thanks, good to know!
post #3288 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
 

Just got a pair of the dark brown captoes in this weekend. They're beautiful, but I think might be a little too big for me. I'm sized an an 8D on the Brannock and wear Park Avenues in that size, so that's what I ordered.. there's some slight gap at the heel when I'm wearing them normally, but if I slide my feet up to better conform to the forefoot of the shoe (not jamming them by any means), I think I have a solid 0.5" of gap.

Hey guys, any advice would be appreciated. I sent back the captoes in size 8 with plans to exchange them for a pair of 7.5s, but I'm wondering if I should size down even more to a 7 given how noticeable the heel gap was. Does going down a full size from the AE 5 last (and what I assume was accurate sizing on the Brannock) seem too extreme?

post #3289 of 4534
just got my first suit from kent yesterday and wanted some fit opinions on chest and waist. Trying to get this tailored asap and I've not used this tailor to do a jacket before so I want to be clear on what I tell them, thanks


Edited by rc121 - 10/16/13 at 10:37am
post #3290 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
 

Hey guys, any advice would be appreciated. I sent back the captoes in size 8 with plans to exchange them for a pair of 7.5s, but I'm wondering if I should size down even more to a 7 given how noticeable the heel gap was. Does going down a full size from the AE 5 last (and what I assume was accurate sizing on the Brannock) seem too extreme?

I am a 10D in AE Strands, got the 10D KW captoes. Had minor heel slipping at start, found out this was common until the shoe breaks in. After ~2 weeks of regular but light wear, no heel slip to date. YMMV

post #3291 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post

just got my first suit from kent yesterday and wanted some fit opinions on chest and waist. Trying to get this tailored asap and I've not used this tailor to do a jacket before so I want to be clear on what I tell them, thanks

Shorten the sleeves. I personally like my jackets more fitted through the chest and body. If that's what you want, simply tell the guy you want it more tapered from [here] to [here], have him pin it, then decide if you want more or less.
Edited by CousinDonuts - 10/17/13 at 9:27am
post #3292 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post

Hey guys, any advice would be appreciated. I sent back the captoes in size 8 with plans to exchange them for a pair of 7.5s, but I'm wondering if I should size down even more to a 7 given how noticeable the heel gap was. Does going down a full size from the AE 5 last (and what I assume was accurate sizing on the Brannock) seem too extreme?
I tried on a pair of shoes at the first trunk show and actually thought one size down from my Brannock was good. Did not have them on for long though and don't remember which shoes I tried on.
post #3293 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradSchooler View Post

Speaking of vests, has anyone gotten a vested suit yet? I'm curious what the 4-button notch lapel vest looks like.

Late response but here is a pic of the 4-button lapelled vest from PS blog.  Not KW, but I believe it is the same manufacturer  http://24.media.tumblr.com/40e364fe174df8d670b564faae1fbf7c/tumblr_mmtc4gHQ9k1rig4joo1_500.jpg

post #3294 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghler View Post

Late response but here is a pic of the 4-button lapelled vest from PS blog.  Not KW, but I believe it is the same manufacturer  http://24.media.tumblr.com/40e364fe174df8d670b564faae1fbf7c/tumblr_mmtc4gHQ9k1rig4joo1_500.jpg

Thanks! I'm not familiar with PS blog. What does the PS stand for?
post #3295 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradSchooler View Post


Thanks! I'm not familiar with PS blog. What does the PS stand for?

It's Proper Suit's blog.  I've never ordered from them but saw the pic while browsing.  And I didn't want it to seem like I was advertising for them on KW's thread :)

post #3296 of 4534
Kent, any chance you will be putting up a Fall/Winter look book?
post #3297 of 4534
bought a pair of the navy sneakers. it is exactly what I expected
post #3298 of 4534
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCcolocV View Post
 

I am a 10D in AE Strands, got the 10D KW captoes. Had minor heel slipping at start, found out this was common until the shoe breaks in. After ~2 weeks of regular but light wear, no heel slip to date. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

I tried on a pair of shoes at the first trunk show and actually thought one size down from my Brannock was good. Did not have them on for long though and don't remember which shoes I tried on.

Thanks for the advice, guys! I think sizing down to 7.5 (the AE 5 last can't be a whole size bigger, right?) should work fine, but I'm just being extra wary since the costs of returning the shoes (a second time) would make my grad student budget very very sad, haha.

post #3299 of 4534
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradSchooler View Post

Kent, any chance you will be putting up a Fall/Winter look book?

Sorry, we didn't get around to it. Now it's too late.

post #3300 of 4534
Kent,

the shoe trees that you sell, are they better fit for the benchgrade shoes, compared to (for example), the Woodlore Epic trees?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread