or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 219

post #3271 of 3944

I'm considering getting a sports coat from Kent Wang without front darts. I'm just not a fan of front darts on jackets, and I'm thinking I can have a tailor adjust the waist shape should the waist come out looking funny. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

post #3272 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdendroica View Post

I'm considering getting a sports coat from Kent Wang without front darts. I'm just not a fan of front darts on jackets, and I'm thinking I can have a tailor adjust the waist shape should the waist come out looking funny. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Not really sure why you'd have a problem with the darts. If you think the jacket has too much waist suppression, you can just increase the waist measurement on your MTM jacket. Did you ask Kent if it's even an option to have a jacket made sans darts? He has said time and again in this thread that the only customizable aspects are those listed on his website, and darts/no darts certainly isn't an option.
post #3273 of 3944

I just think jackets look better without them--much as I think shirts look better without them. I like a bit of waist suppression, but I've seen many dartless jackets with the kind of waist suppression I've come to like. Kent says it can be done, but he has never done it so he can't be sure how it would turn out. He recommends against it. Others have suggested that tampering with the cut could be bad if other aspects of the cut are not altered to account for the missing darts. I am leaning towards not doing it just because it seems like an unnecessary risk for such a minor thing, but I thought I would see what people thought.

post #3274 of 3944

Are there any pictures of the wide peak lapels? 

post #3275 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspace View Post

Are there any pictures of the wide peak lapels? 

In here.
post #3276 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post

Let me put it to you like this: of all my items that I have, the umbrella is one of the few things that make me really happy each time I use it. Every time it rains and I get to use it I feel like I'm straight out of Paris Street; Rainy Day, fine ass broad on my arm, strolling down the Champs-Élysées on the way to meet Hemingway at the absinthe bar. 

400px-Gustave_Caillebotte_-_Jour_de_pluie_%C3%A0_Paris.jpg
 
The solid stick just looks so sweet, with that nice variegated color. Don't bother with similarly priced metal stick umbrellas. On an average day, you're probably not the only person on the street with a nice suit and shoes, but when it rains I can guarantee you that you will be the only one with a solid stick umbrella.
 
You know how when it's raining and everybody's walking down the street with umbrellas and you gotta make sure to not let your umbrella collide with other people's umbrellas? Well, when you are a wielding a solid stick, everybody will see how sick that stick looks and will step aside to make way for your superior umbrella.

Can you put a price on this kind of power?

Given my lack of a decent umbrella, shitty military-surplus not-at-all-waterproof overcoat, a black tie event on Saturday evening, and the sloppy shitstorm that is the mid-Atlantic region for the next few days, I re-read the above and then ordered a black stick bumbershoot.

I look forward to suffering less than all the other idiots out in the rain.
post #3277 of 3944

I've had a black grenadine from KW for a year or so and I wear it much more than I was expecting to, given that I otherwise basically don't wear black at all. I recently got two of the rugby tops, and they make me feel sad in that way you do when you realise that you don't have enough to wear one every day.

post #3278 of 3944

Any idea when the 14.5 button cuff blue shirts are coming back into stock?

post #3279 of 3944
For suit jackets, do you normally go with full or partial pick stitching? Or just personnal preference. Thanks.
post #3280 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

For suit jackets, do you normally go with full or partial pick stitching? Or just personnal preference. Thanks.

Just a personal preference, but I prefer the limited pick stitching option. The extensive option is a bit excessive, IMO, as it's along nearly every seam of the jacket. Still, it's subtle and done well enough that it doesn't look tacky or cheap--or even that noticeable at all--if you do opt for extensive pick stitching.
post #3281 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Just a personal preference, but I prefer the limited pick stitching option. The extensive option is a bit excessive, IMO, as it's along nearly every seam of the jacket. Still, it's subtle and done well enough that it doesn't look tacky or cheap--or even that noticeable at all--if you do opt for extensive pick stitching.

+1 I did limited pick stitching on all my KW jackets
post #3282 of 3944

Limited pick stitching here as well.

post #3283 of 3944
I like the umbrellas but given how windy it is in manhattan, I'm concerned the non vented design will flip inside out shortly and likely render the thing unuseable.

experiences?
post #3284 of 3944
Shout out to Kent Wang on businessinsider.com in an article about drinking like a Wall-Streeter.
http://www.businessinsider.com/drink-like-a-wall-streeter-2013-10?op=1
post #3285 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

Shout out to Kent Wang on businessinsider.com in an article about drinking like a Wall-Streeter.
http://www.businessinsider.com/drink-like-a-wall-streeter-2013-10?op=1

Kent in seersucker apparently represents gin and tonics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread