I'm considering getting a sports coat from Kent Wang without front darts. I'm just not a fan of front darts on jackets, and I'm thinking I can have a tailor adjust the waist shape should the waist come out looking funny. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 3/16/15 at 4:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 219
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3272 of 469610/4/13 at 4:33pmQuote:
Not really sure why you'd have a problem with the darts. If you think the jacket has too much waist suppression, you can just increase the waist measurement on your MTM jacket. Did you ask Kent if it's even an option to have a jacket made sans darts? He has said time and again in this thread that the only customizable aspects are those listed on his website, and darts/no darts certainly isn't an option.post #3273 of 469610/4/13 at 4:56pm
I just think jackets look better without them--much as I think shirts look better without them. I like a bit of waist suppression, but I've seen many dartless jackets with the kind of waist suppression I've come to like. Kent says it can be done, but he has never done it so he can't be sure how it would turn out. He recommends against it. Others have suggested that tampering with the cut could be bad if other aspects of the cut are not altered to account for the missing darts. I am leaning towards not doing it just because it seems like an unnecessary risk for such a minor thing, but I thought I would see what people thought.post #3274 of 469610/5/13 at 5:08ampost #3275 of 469610/5/13 at 9:41ampost #3276 of 469610/10/13 at 6:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Let me put it to you like this: of all my items that I have, the umbrella is one of the few things that make me really happy each time I use it. Every time it rains and I get to use it I feel like I'm straight out of Paris Street; Rainy Day, fine ass broad on my arm, strolling down the Champs-Élysées on the way to meet Hemingway at the absinthe bar.
The solid stick just looks so sweet, with that nice variegated color. Don't bother with similarly priced metal stick umbrellas. On an average day, you're probably not the only person on the street with a nice suit and shoes, but when it rains I can guarantee you that you will be the only one with a solid stick umbrella.
You know how when it's raining and everybody's walking down the street with umbrellas and you gotta make sure to not let your umbrella collide with other people's umbrellas? Well, when you are a wielding a solid stick, everybody will see how sick that stick looks and will step aside to make way for your superior umbrella.
Can you put a price on this kind of power?
Given my lack of a decent umbrella, shitty military-surplus not-at-all-waterproof overcoat, a black tie event on Saturday evening, and the sloppy shitstorm that is the mid-Atlantic region for the next few days, I re-read the above and then ordered a black stick bumbershoot.
I look forward to suffering less than all the other idiots out in the rain.post #3277 of 469610/10/13 at 6:10pm
I've had a black grenadine from KW for a year or so and I wear it much more than I was expecting to, given that I otherwise basically don't wear black at all. I recently got two of the rugby tops, and they make me feel sad in that way you do when you realise that you don't have enough to wear one every day.post #3278 of 469610/11/13 at 11:24pmpost #3279 of 469610/14/13 at 4:38pmpost #3280 of 469610/14/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
Just a personal preference, but I prefer the limited pick stitching option. The extensive option is a bit excessive, IMO, as it's along nearly every seam of the jacket. Still, it's subtle and done well enough that it doesn't look tacky or cheap--or even that noticeable at all--if you do opt for extensive pick stitching.post #3281 of 469610/14/13 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Flyswatter
Just a personal preference, but I prefer the limited pick stitching option. The extensive option is a bit excessive, IMO, as it's along nearly every seam of the jacket. Still, it's subtle and done well enough that it doesn't look tacky or cheap--or even that noticeable at all--if you do opt for extensive pick stitching.
+1 I did limited pick stitching on all my KW jacketspost #3282 of 469610/15/13 at 6:06ampost #3283 of 469610/15/13 at 8:48ampost #3284 of 469610/15/13 at 12:05pmpost #3285 of 469610/15/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by denning
Shout out to Kent Wang on businessinsider.com in an article about drinking like a Wall-Streeter.
Kent in seersucker apparently represents gin and tonics.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 51 seconds ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 3 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Can I get some help deciding between these 3 pairs of shoes? 12 minutes ago
- › What style is this leather Jacket? 12 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...