I'm considering getting a sports coat from Kent Wang without front darts. I'm just not a fan of front darts on jackets, and I'm thinking I can have a tailor adjust the waist shape should the waist come out looking funny. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 219post #3272 of 587810/4/13 at 4:33pmQuote:
Not really sure why you'd have a problem with the darts. If you think the jacket has too much waist suppression, you can just increase the waist measurement on your MTM jacket. Did you ask Kent if it's even an option to have a jacket made sans darts? He has said time and again in this thread that the only customizable aspects are those listed on his website, and darts/no darts certainly isn't an option.post #3273 of 587810/4/13 at 4:56pm
I just think jackets look better without them--much as I think shirts look better without them. I like a bit of waist suppression, but I've seen many dartless jackets with the kind of waist suppression I've come to like. Kent says it can be done, but he has never done it so he can't be sure how it would turn out. He recommends against it. Others have suggested that tampering with the cut could be bad if other aspects of the cut are not altered to account for the missing darts. I am leaning towards not doing it just because it seems like an unnecessary risk for such a minor thing, but I thought I would see what people thought.post #3274 of 587810/5/13 at 5:08ampost #3275 of 587810/5/13 at 9:41ampost #3276 of 587810/10/13 at 6:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Let me put it to you like this: of all my items that I have, the umbrella is one of the few things that make me really happy each time I use it. Every time it rains and I get to use it I feel like I'm straight out of Paris Street; Rainy Day, fine ass broad on my arm, strolling down the Champs-Élysées on the way to meet Hemingway at the absinthe bar.
The solid stick just looks so sweet, with that nice variegated color. Don't bother with similarly priced metal stick umbrellas. On an average day, you're probably not the only person on the street with a nice suit and shoes, but when it rains I can guarantee you that you will be the only one with a solid stick umbrella.
You know how when it's raining and everybody's walking down the street with umbrellas and you gotta make sure to not let your umbrella collide with other people's umbrellas? Well, when you are a wielding a solid stick, everybody will see how sick that stick looks and will step aside to make way for your superior umbrella.
Can you put a price on this kind of power?
Given my lack of a decent umbrella, shitty military-surplus not-at-all-waterproof overcoat, a black tie event on Saturday evening, and the sloppy shitstorm that is the mid-Atlantic region for the next few days, I re-read the above and then ordered a black stick bumbershoot.
I look forward to suffering less than all the other idiots out in the rain.post #3277 of 587810/10/13 at 6:10pm
I've had a black grenadine from KW for a year or so and I wear it much more than I was expecting to, given that I otherwise basically don't wear black at all. I recently got two of the rugby tops, and they make me feel sad in that way you do when you realise that you don't have enough to wear one every day.post #3278 of 587810/11/13 at 11:24pmpost #3279 of 587810/14/13 at 4:38pmpost #3280 of 587810/14/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
Just a personal preference, but I prefer the limited pick stitching option. The extensive option is a bit excessive, IMO, as it's along nearly every seam of the jacket. Still, it's subtle and done well enough that it doesn't look tacky or cheap--or even that noticeable at all--if you do opt for extensive pick stitching.post #3281 of 587810/14/13 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Flyswatter
Just a personal preference, but I prefer the limited pick stitching option. The extensive option is a bit excessive, IMO, as it's along nearly every seam of the jacket. Still, it's subtle and done well enough that it doesn't look tacky or cheap--or even that noticeable at all--if you do opt for extensive pick stitching.
+1 I did limited pick stitching on all my KW jacketspost #3282 of 587810/15/13 at 6:06ampost #3283 of 587810/15/13 at 8:48ampost #3284 of 587810/15/13 at 12:05pmpost #3285 of 587810/15/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by denning
Shout out to Kent Wang on businessinsider.com in an article about drinking like a Wall-Streeter.
Kent in seersucker apparently represents gin and tonics.
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Antonio Azzuolo Pants 32 20 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 26 seconds ago
- › Is 2" too much to let out at the waist? 40 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Alden SF Milk Suede Size 8.5 D Longwing Bluchers LWB Barrie Last 2 minutes ago
- › Canali cotton jacket IT 48 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...