I'm considering getting a sports coat from Kent Wang without front darts. I'm just not a fan of front darts on jackets, and I'm thinking I can have a tailor adjust the waist shape should the waist come out looking funny. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 3:07 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 6/28/15 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 6/3/15 at 4:58am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 1:58 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 219
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3272 of 483510/4/13 at 4:33pmQuote:
Not really sure why you'd have a problem with the darts. If you think the jacket has too much waist suppression, you can just increase the waist measurement on your MTM jacket. Did you ask Kent if it's even an option to have a jacket made sans darts? He has said time and again in this thread that the only customizable aspects are those listed on his website, and darts/no darts certainly isn't an option.post #3273 of 483510/4/13 at 4:56pm
I just think jackets look better without them--much as I think shirts look better without them. I like a bit of waist suppression, but I've seen many dartless jackets with the kind of waist suppression I've come to like. Kent says it can be done, but he has never done it so he can't be sure how it would turn out. He recommends against it. Others have suggested that tampering with the cut could be bad if other aspects of the cut are not altered to account for the missing darts. I am leaning towards not doing it just because it seems like an unnecessary risk for such a minor thing, but I thought I would see what people thought.post #3274 of 483510/5/13 at 5:08ampost #3275 of 483510/5/13 at 9:41ampost #3276 of 483510/10/13 at 6:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Let me put it to you like this: of all my items that I have, the umbrella is one of the few things that make me really happy each time I use it. Every time it rains and I get to use it I feel like I'm straight out of Paris Street; Rainy Day, fine ass broad on my arm, strolling down the Champs-Élysées on the way to meet Hemingway at the absinthe bar.
The solid stick just looks so sweet, with that nice variegated color. Don't bother with similarly priced metal stick umbrellas. On an average day, you're probably not the only person on the street with a nice suit and shoes, but when it rains I can guarantee you that you will be the only one with a solid stick umbrella.
You know how when it's raining and everybody's walking down the street with umbrellas and you gotta make sure to not let your umbrella collide with other people's umbrellas? Well, when you are a wielding a solid stick, everybody will see how sick that stick looks and will step aside to make way for your superior umbrella.
Can you put a price on this kind of power?
Given my lack of a decent umbrella, shitty military-surplus not-at-all-waterproof overcoat, a black tie event on Saturday evening, and the sloppy shitstorm that is the mid-Atlantic region for the next few days, I re-read the above and then ordered a black stick bumbershoot.
I look forward to suffering less than all the other idiots out in the rain.post #3277 of 483510/10/13 at 6:10pm
I've had a black grenadine from KW for a year or so and I wear it much more than I was expecting to, given that I otherwise basically don't wear black at all. I recently got two of the rugby tops, and they make me feel sad in that way you do when you realise that you don't have enough to wear one every day.post #3278 of 483510/11/13 at 11:24pmpost #3279 of 483510/14/13 at 4:38pmpost #3280 of 483510/14/13 at 5:26pmQuote:
Just a personal preference, but I prefer the limited pick stitching option. The extensive option is a bit excessive, IMO, as it's along nearly every seam of the jacket. Still, it's subtle and done well enough that it doesn't look tacky or cheap--or even that noticeable at all--if you do opt for extensive pick stitching.post #3281 of 483510/14/13 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Flyswatter
Just a personal preference, but I prefer the limited pick stitching option. The extensive option is a bit excessive, IMO, as it's along nearly every seam of the jacket. Still, it's subtle and done well enough that it doesn't look tacky or cheap--or even that noticeable at all--if you do opt for extensive pick stitching.
+1 I did limited pick stitching on all my KW jacketspost #3282 of 483510/15/13 at 6:06ampost #3283 of 483510/15/13 at 8:48ampost #3284 of 483510/15/13 at 12:05pmpost #3285 of 483510/15/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by denning
Shout out to Kent Wang on businessinsider.com in an article about drinking like a Wall-Streeter.
Kent in seersucker apparently represents gin and tonics.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Ring Jacket Japan 48 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 21 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...