or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 210

post #3136 of 4255
Got the new v2 sneakers in the mail today. I'm pleased. Not quite as substantial as the pairs of Svensson or Bally sneakers I have (which are similar), but priced way better and all around a very pleasing shoe.
post #3137 of 4255
Suit pants have managed to form a hole in the side seam below the pocket after three wears. A little bit disappointing.

Otherwise, fit of the suit was generally good. It's a shame the AUD has fallen so much.
post #3138 of 4255
Any chance there will be a fall/winter lookbook, like we got for the S/S? I would love to see some of those fabrics as more than just swatches.
post #3139 of 4255

What is the sizing like on the sneakers? I don't have a good sneaker reference point, I'm a 9.5D in dress shoes and wear a 9D in Alden's Barrie last.

post #3140 of 4255
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minervau View Post

Any chance there will be a fall/winter lookbook, like we got for the S/S? I would love to see some of those fabrics as more than just swatches.

I'm afraid not.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFIsh View Post

Suit pants have managed to form a hole in the side seam below the pocket after three wears. A little bit disappointing.

Otherwise, fit of the suit was generally good. It's a shame the AUD has fallen so much.

Send me an email and we'll get it sorted.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

What is the sizing like on the sneakers? I don't have a good sneaker reference point, I'm a 9.5D in dress shoes and wear a 9D in Alden's Barrie last.

Round up to size 10. Though we're out of stock of the 8 and 9 anyway.

post #3141 of 4255

I'm looking at fabrics for a navy blazer. Something rougher looking than a suit, and also light in weight. Some ideas are:

 

Navy hopsack, 280gr - http://www.kentwang.com/suits/navy-plain.html

4215, 240gr - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8485682504_45dbe0bb8b_o.jpg

TR2002 Cool Effect, 190gr - http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7339/9511770474_6acd241773_k.jpg

 

Any suggestions?

post #3142 of 4255
^ I ordered a navy hopsack blazer with the first fabric you mentioned, it's being made right now and I should get it in the next 2 weeks or so. I'll post a review here once I get it. I felt the swatch and it was really nice - had some texture to it, not super rough but definitely not as smooth as a super 120s or super 130s suit.
post #3143 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafG View Post

Any fit pics of the Navy trench out there?

 

I don't have a picture of me in mine, but I feel like a badass every time I wear it (which is often, given that it rains so frequently in Portland). Highly recommended. I believe Kent's also planning a khaki version for... not too long from now?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambda View Post

I'm looking at fabrics for a navy blazer. Something rougher looking than a suit, and also light in weight. Some ideas are:

 

Navy hopsack, 280gr - http://www.kentwang.com/suits/navy-plain.html

4215, 240gr - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8485682504_45dbe0bb8b_o.jpg

TR2002 Cool Effect, 190gr - http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7339/9511770474_6acd241773_k.jpg

 

Any suggestions?

I wore a blazer made of the Gladson 11 oz linen to an outdoor wedding in NH last weekend. I think I'd be uncomfortable in it in weather over 80 degrees, but I tend to be warm---so it might or might not work for you. I think it looks great, and eventually there should be some photos of me from the wedding that I can post here...

post #3144 of 4255

Anyone hear from Kent lately?

post #3145 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Anyone hear from Kent lately?

He just posted in this thread about 3.5 hours ago, if that's helpful.
post #3146 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post


He just posted in this thread about 3.5 hours ago, if that's helpful.

Well, damn. I just assumed not since I've been emailing him for a week with no response.

 

Kent - Please fulfill my last email request.

post #3147 of 4255
Just got my (first!) white linen pocket square from Kent Wang - thanks!

Especially liked the signed note that came with it - small touches like tend to convert me to a die hard fan who won't shut up about how awesome the retailer is!
post #3148 of 4255

Hey All:

 

Just received my trial suit and hope you guys can provide some feedback on fit and suggested measurements aside from what Kent has already provided (i'm a novice with suits).  Also, the right sleeve seems shorter, but actually may not be because I feel my dress shirt's sleeve length is too large--a shorter sleeve dress shirt seemed fine when I purchased a suitsupply suit (i've also attached a photo with the shorter sleeve shirt in my suitsupply suit).  Hopefully you can help my reconcile my odd situation? Maybe extra sleeve fabric is pushing the cuff down further?

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

Here is my photo in my suitsupply suit with a shorter sleeve dress shirt:

 

 

AppleMark

post #3149 of 4255
How often are shoes re-stocked?
post #3150 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by option2ek9 View Post

Hey All:

Just received my trial suit and hope you guys can provide some feedback on fit and suggested measurements aside from what Kent has already provided (i'm a novice with suits).  Also, the right sleeve seems shorter, but actually may not be because I feel my dress shirt's sleeve length is too large--a shorter sleeve dress shirt seemed fine when I purchased a suitsupply suit (i've also attached a photo with the shorter sleeve shirt in my suitsupply suit).  Hopefully you can help my reconcile my odd situation? Maybe extra sleeve fabric is pushing the cuff down further?

I'd personally consider adding some length to the jacket, maybe a slight nip at the waist. In the top picture your left shoulder looks a smidge lower than your right, which could be causing the longer sleeve look. What I see in the right is how I like to show shirt cuff. Perhaps measure the length of the SS sleeves and compare. And put on a "regular" sleeved shirt, not an outlier. Another way to look at it is to just determine where you want the end of the sleeve to hit. I like mine to hit at the wrist bone and my shirts to hit at the base of my thumb. So it doesn't matter what shirt I wear in a fitting, I measure to the same point.

This stock suit fits pretty well, save for the pants length. I think you'll like the outcome.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread