or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 205

post #3061 of 4449

Looks great. Good fit.

post #3062 of 4449
Beatle - maybe ask Kent if there is a way to lower the waist in the jacket. It looks like the focal point of the curve is just above your elbow and above your natural waist. Though maybe the ticket pocket is deceiving my eye, or the camera angle. But it looks like the bottom half is longer than the top half, if that makes sense. Other than that, I think you and I like to fit these things similarly.
post #3063 of 4449

I agree, looks great.  I was about to ask if you already had the button point lowered a little bit as it appears lower than mine and some of the other fit pics posted.

post #3064 of 4449
Thanks guys. Yep I definitely lowered the buttoning point and also lengthened the jacket pretty significantly compared to the trial suit. I'm 6'4" so the trial jacket was way too skimpy on me. I agree with CousinDonuts, the waist does look a little high, but it might just be the camera angle. My wife took the pic and she's a lot shorter than me :P
post #3065 of 4449

Looks fantastic Beatle, what did you go with for the blazer?

post #3066 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolron View Post

Looks fantastic Beatle, what did you go with for the blazer?

Navy hopsack #106124. I was leaning towards this one for a while, then I got the swatch last week and it was really nice. Can't think of a better fabric to use for a navy blazer.
post #3067 of 4449
Not only does the camera angle look like you're falling backwards, but your toes look to be off the ground like you really are!

But, the suit looks good regardless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Finally got a half-decent pic of my KW grey suit...also placed my order for the navy hopsack blazer this weekend:

post #3068 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Not only does the camera angle look like you're falling backwards, but your toes look to be off the ground like you really are!

But, the suit looks good regardless.

 

I think it was an action shot of him playing in the mulch.

post #3069 of 4449
beatle, i didn't see if you posted this before but what fabric #is that?
post #3070 of 4449

shog[1].gif


Edited by mymil - 8/12/13 at 10:38am
post #3071 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Not only does the camera angle look like you're falling backwards, but your toes look to be off the ground like you really are!

But, the suit looks good regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

I think it was an action shot of him playing in the mulch.

Haha, yeah I agree my stance looks completely awkward. I need more practice with WAYWRN shots before I can get a pose I'm comfortable with. The mulch that flooded up on the sidewalk didn't help either. I probably could have found a better place to stand somewhere else, but I only had a minute before I needed to get to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post

beatle, i didn't see if you posted this before but what fabric #is that?

The fabric in my picture is actually 102701. The navy hopsack is the one I picked for my blazer. Should get that in about a month from now.
post #3072 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

Beatle - maybe ask Kent if there is a way to lower the waist in the jacket. It looks like the focal point of the curve is just above your elbow and above your natural waist. Though maybe the ticket pocket is deceiving my eye, or the camera angle. But it looks like the bottom half is longer than the top half, if that makes sense. Other than that, I think you and I like to fit these things similarly.

It's probably a combination of a lot of things: The very high gorge, slightly too high buttoning point and the placement of the pockets. If the buttoning point was lower and the pockets a bit lower as well it would look more balanced. The fit seems perfect otherwise.

Overall I have to say that Kent Wang's default suit design seems a bit "wrong" to me. That high gorge is a deal breaker for me and based on how many people are lowering the buttoning point and lengthening the jacket, KW seems to be following that current crappy trend of too short jacket, too high buttoning point. If they ever decide to do a "mark 2" version of the suit, those are the things I'd like to see addressed. The tailors making them are obviously good and the fabrics are nice while the prices are very reasonable.
post #3073 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasakka View Post

It's probably a combination of a lot of things: The very high gorge, slightly too high buttoning point and the placement of the pockets. If the buttoning point was lower and the pockets a bit lower as well it would look more balanced. The fit seems perfect otherwise.

Overall I have to say that Kent Wang's default suit design seems a bit "wrong" to me. That high gorge is a deal breaker for me and based on how many people are lowering the buttoning point and lengthening the jacket, KW seems to be following that current crappy trend of too short jacket, too high buttoning point. If they ever decide to do a "mark 2" version of the suit, those are the things I'd like to see addressed. The tailors making them are obviously good and the fabrics are nice while the prices are very reasonable.

IMHO I don't think the gorge is really all that high. I've seen suits with a super high gorge where it almost starts creeping up past your shoulders. I think that looks pretty ridiculous, but the KW suit doesn't really take it to that extreme height. And as far as lowering buttoning point/lengthening jacket, I had to do that pretty significantly, but I'm also really tall. I basically had to take the trial jacket and turn it from a 40R into a 40L. If I was average height I think the trial jacket would have been fine.

I just made a few minor changes to my jacket shape for my navy blazer: lowered the button point again very slightly, only 0.5cm, and rotate the sleeves to get rid of some of the bunching near the back. The only stylistic changes are: remove ticket pocket, add patch pockets instead of flap pockets, and 1/2 lined instead of full lined. I'm sticking with the soft shoulders and wide lapels again. That's pretty much it, I'm definitely excited to see the finished product on this one!
post #3074 of 4449

Kent Wang package arrived today.  Box wasn't big, but packed a lot of punch.  In door lighting shots since it was already evening time.  Warning, lots of pics...

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! Inside the box (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark   AppleMark

 

AppleMark   AppleMark

 

AppleMark   AppleMark

 

AppleMark AppleMark

 

AppleMark AppleMark

 

AppleMark AppleMark

 

AppleMark AppleMark

 

 

 

 


Edited by europrep - 8/13/13 at 7:45pm
post #3075 of 4449
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

Kent Want package arrived today.  Box wasn't big, but packed a lot of punch.  In door lighting shots since it was already evening time.  Warning, lots of pics...

AppleMark

That's some fine kit there. KW is so pro.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread