Is this the part where I shouldn't mention I don't like full-brogues either? Or open-laced shoes?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 9/28/14 at 7:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 10/18/14 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 199post #2971 of 44757/25/13 at 8:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2972 of 44757/25/13 at 8:49pmpost #2973 of 44757/26/13 at 4:33amQuote:
You're still posting? I thought the ban was supposed to have kicked in already.
Just kidding. No worries, that was my last effort at a conversion If that didn't work, nothing but time will.
I also just realized we've been cluttering up Kent Wang's thread with this nonsense, will stop now.post #2974 of 44757/26/13 at 4:35ampost #2975 of 44757/26/13 at 5:14pmpost #2976 of 44757/26/13 at 5:22pmpost #2977 of 44757/26/13 at 5:54pmpost #2978 of 44757/26/13 at 7:23pm^ jacket is a little too short for my taste, but the fabric looks great. Also from the pic it looks like the shoulders might be a bit snug. What else were you looking to fix for your next suit? Depending on what you wear suits for, I think a light grey would be better than charcoal. Most of the charcoal swatches I've seen from Kent have been very dark, almost black.post #2979 of 44757/27/13 at 12:03am
Yeah I noticed the charcoal's were pretty dark. Unless standing next to an all black suit it it seemed very hard to distinguish as a 'non-black' color. Suits are worn for work in banking. Any suggestions on a light grey fabric?
As far as upcoming changes, I'm still working with Kent but so far increasing jacket length, shoulder width, decreasing sleeve cuff opening, and some work to the sleeve angle, waist and back chest.post #2980 of 44757/27/13 at 4:45amQuote:
Yes, the charcoal is dark, but it is significantly more versatile than a light grey suit. It probably depends on where you live and the reasons you wear a suit, but in Chicago I tend to only see light grey suits in the Spring and Summer.post #2981 of 44757/27/13 at 5:13ampost #2982 of 44757/27/13 at 10:24ampost #2983 of 44757/27/13 at 5:32pm
I've got to pick up a few dress shirts before the next suit purchase but has anyone gone with a navy glen plaid?
CousinDonuts: It was actually #7122, my apologies.
With your two side by side photos a few pages back, did suit #1 have a different shoulder option from suit #2?
Hookem:Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Lining: Half ($20)
Lining fabric: Navy
Piping: Royal blueLapel size: Standard 3.5"
Shoulder: StandardFlap size: Standard 2"
Chest pocket: Welted
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
Cuff finishing: Working buttonholes
Throat tab: No
Phone pocket: No
Pick stitching: Limited
Buttons: Horn dark brownpost #2984 of 44757/28/13 at 7:30ampost #2985 of 44757/29/13 at 3:10pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Nigel Cabourn 38 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 42 seconds ago
- › The Architecture Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Classic Men's Coats Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones - Whats the big deal? 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 16 minutes ago
- › watch Dracula Untold online free | watch Dracula Untold Movie... 19 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...