Is this the part where I shouldn't mention I don't like full-brogues either? Or open-laced shoes?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 5/3/16 at 5:22pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 199post #2971 of 57327/25/13 at 8:12pmpost #2972 of 57327/25/13 at 8:49pmpost #2973 of 57327/26/13 at 4:33amQuote:
You're still posting? I thought the ban was supposed to have kicked in already.
Just kidding. No worries, that was my last effort at a conversion If that didn't work, nothing but time will.
I also just realized we've been cluttering up Kent Wang's thread with this nonsense, will stop now.post #2974 of 57327/26/13 at 4:35ampost #2975 of 57327/26/13 at 5:14pmpost #2976 of 57327/26/13 at 5:22pmpost #2977 of 57327/26/13 at 5:54pmpost #2978 of 57327/26/13 at 7:23pm^ jacket is a little too short for my taste, but the fabric looks great. Also from the pic it looks like the shoulders might be a bit snug. What else were you looking to fix for your next suit? Depending on what you wear suits for, I think a light grey would be better than charcoal. Most of the charcoal swatches I've seen from Kent have been very dark, almost black.post #2979 of 57327/27/13 at 12:03am
Yeah I noticed the charcoal's were pretty dark. Unless standing next to an all black suit it it seemed very hard to distinguish as a 'non-black' color. Suits are worn for work in banking. Any suggestions on a light grey fabric?
As far as upcoming changes, I'm still working with Kent but so far increasing jacket length, shoulder width, decreasing sleeve cuff opening, and some work to the sleeve angle, waist and back chest.post #2980 of 57327/27/13 at 4:45amQuote:
Yes, the charcoal is dark, but it is significantly more versatile than a light grey suit. It probably depends on where you live and the reasons you wear a suit, but in Chicago I tend to only see light grey suits in the Spring and Summer.post #2981 of 57327/27/13 at 5:13ampost #2982 of 57327/27/13 at 10:24ampost #2983 of 57327/27/13 at 5:32pm
I've got to pick up a few dress shirts before the next suit purchase but has anyone gone with a navy glen plaid?
CousinDonuts: It was actually #7122, my apologies.
With your two side by side photos a few pages back, did suit #1 have a different shoulder option from suit #2?
Hookem:Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Lining: Half ($20)
Lining fabric: Navy
Piping: Royal blueLapel size: Standard 3.5"
Shoulder: StandardFlap size: Standard 2"
Chest pocket: Welted
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
Cuff finishing: Working buttonholes
Throat tab: No
Phone pocket: No
Pick stitching: Limited
Buttons: Horn dark brownpost #2984 of 57327/28/13 at 7:30ampost #2985 of 57327/29/13 at 3:10pm
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding