Is this the part where I shouldn't mention I don't like full-brogues either? Or open-laced shoes?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 10:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 199post #2971 of 42367/25/13 at 8:12pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #2972 of 42367/25/13 at 8:49pmpost #2973 of 42367/26/13 at 4:33amQuote:
You're still posting? I thought the ban was supposed to have kicked in already.
Just kidding. No worries, that was my last effort at a conversion If that didn't work, nothing but time will.
I also just realized we've been cluttering up Kent Wang's thread with this nonsense, will stop now.post #2974 of 42367/26/13 at 4:35ampost #2975 of 42367/26/13 at 5:14pmpost #2976 of 42367/26/13 at 5:22pmpost #2977 of 42367/26/13 at 5:54pmpost #2978 of 42367/26/13 at 7:23pm^ jacket is a little too short for my taste, but the fabric looks great. Also from the pic it looks like the shoulders might be a bit snug. What else were you looking to fix for your next suit? Depending on what you wear suits for, I think a light grey would be better than charcoal. Most of the charcoal swatches I've seen from Kent have been very dark, almost black.post #2979 of 42367/27/13 at 12:03am
Yeah I noticed the charcoal's were pretty dark. Unless standing next to an all black suit it it seemed very hard to distinguish as a 'non-black' color. Suits are worn for work in banking. Any suggestions on a light grey fabric?
As far as upcoming changes, I'm still working with Kent but so far increasing jacket length, shoulder width, decreasing sleeve cuff opening, and some work to the sleeve angle, waist and back chest.post #2980 of 42367/27/13 at 4:45amQuote:
Yes, the charcoal is dark, but it is significantly more versatile than a light grey suit. It probably depends on where you live and the reasons you wear a suit, but in Chicago I tend to only see light grey suits in the Spring and Summer.post #2981 of 42367/27/13 at 5:13ampost #2982 of 42367/27/13 at 10:24ampost #2983 of 42367/27/13 at 5:32pm
I've got to pick up a few dress shirts before the next suit purchase but has anyone gone with a navy glen plaid?
CousinDonuts: It was actually #7122, my apologies.
With your two side by side photos a few pages back, did suit #1 have a different shoulder option from suit #2?
Hookem:Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Lining: Half ($20)
Lining fabric: Navy
Piping: Royal blueLapel size: Standard 3.5"
Shoulder: StandardFlap size: Standard 2"
Chest pocket: Welted
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
Cuff finishing: Working buttonholes
Throat tab: No
Phone pocket: No
Pick stitching: Limited
Buttons: Horn dark brownpost #2984 of 42367/28/13 at 7:30ampost #2985 of 42367/29/13 at 3:10pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 seconds ago
- › Good sunglasses $125 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 13 minutes ago
- › Bespoke Irish Linen Suit 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)