Is this the part where I shouldn't mention I don't like full-brogues either? Or open-laced shoes?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 6/28/15 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 7/21/15 at 3:06pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 4:22 pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: Yesterday
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 199post #2971 of 48707/25/13 at 8:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2972 of 48707/25/13 at 8:49pmpost #2973 of 48707/26/13 at 4:33amQuote:
You're still posting? I thought the ban was supposed to have kicked in already.
Just kidding. No worries, that was my last effort at a conversion If that didn't work, nothing but time will.
I also just realized we've been cluttering up Kent Wang's thread with this nonsense, will stop now.post #2974 of 48707/26/13 at 4:35ampost #2975 of 48707/26/13 at 5:14pmpost #2976 of 48707/26/13 at 5:22pmpost #2977 of 48707/26/13 at 5:54pmpost #2978 of 48707/26/13 at 7:23pm^ jacket is a little too short for my taste, but the fabric looks great. Also from the pic it looks like the shoulders might be a bit snug. What else were you looking to fix for your next suit? Depending on what you wear suits for, I think a light grey would be better than charcoal. Most of the charcoal swatches I've seen from Kent have been very dark, almost black.post #2979 of 48707/27/13 at 12:03am
Yeah I noticed the charcoal's were pretty dark. Unless standing next to an all black suit it it seemed very hard to distinguish as a 'non-black' color. Suits are worn for work in banking. Any suggestions on a light grey fabric?
As far as upcoming changes, I'm still working with Kent but so far increasing jacket length, shoulder width, decreasing sleeve cuff opening, and some work to the sleeve angle, waist and back chest.post #2980 of 48707/27/13 at 4:45amQuote:
Yes, the charcoal is dark, but it is significantly more versatile than a light grey suit. It probably depends on where you live and the reasons you wear a suit, but in Chicago I tend to only see light grey suits in the Spring and Summer.post #2981 of 48707/27/13 at 5:13ampost #2982 of 48707/27/13 at 10:24ampost #2983 of 48707/27/13 at 5:32pm
I've got to pick up a few dress shirts before the next suit purchase but has anyone gone with a navy glen plaid?
CousinDonuts: It was actually #7122, my apologies.
With your two side by side photos a few pages back, did suit #1 have a different shoulder option from suit #2?
Hookem:Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Lining: Half ($20)
Lining fabric: Navy
Piping: Royal blueLapel size: Standard 3.5"
Shoulder: StandardFlap size: Standard 2"
Chest pocket: Welted
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
Cuff finishing: Working buttonholes
Throat tab: No
Phone pocket: No
Pick stitching: Limited
Buttons: Horn dark brownpost #2984 of 48707/28/13 at 7:30ampost #2985 of 48707/29/13 at 3:10pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › Looking for this Pendleton Jacket! Paying Good money! 53 seconds ago
- › Can anyone tell me who makes this? 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › WTT: BLANC AND NOIR SIZE 42 HIGH TOPS FOR A SIZE 43 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...