Thanks for the response. I'd be happy to patronize a local business, regardless.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 11/24/14 at 6:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 2:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 189post #2821 of 45367/13/13 at 1:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2822 of 45367/13/13 at 2:02pmpost #2823 of 45367/13/13 at 2:54pmpost #2824 of 45367/13/13 at 6:03pmpost #2825 of 45367/13/13 at 6:21pmpost #2826 of 45367/13/13 at 6:23pmpost #2827 of 45367/13/13 at 6:26pmpost #2828 of 45367/13/13 at 6:35pmpost #2829 of 45367/13/13 at 6:57pmpost #2830 of 45367/13/13 at 6:57pmpost #2831 of 45367/13/13 at 7:01pmpost #2832 of 45367/13/13 at 7:09pmpost #2833 of 45367/13/13 at 7:13pmpost #2834 of 45367/13/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
No I mean I snagged it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lmao. I also read jester's "snagged it yesterday" comment to mean he had purchased one yesterday. That sucks about the fabric pull. It's the biggest downside to grenadines, IMO. Supposedly there is a way to pull it back into place from the backside with a pair of tweezers, but f*ck if I can figure out how to do that without messing it up further. One of the reasons I prefer grenadine finas (finer weave) as opposed to grossas (larger weave, which is what Kent sells) is that they are much less prone to snags.post #2835 of 45367/13/13 at 7:39pmI've been wanting to have a lighter navy odd jacket made up for a while now--a versatile staple in a mid-weight wool. Options would be soft shoulders, wide lapels, side vents, patch side pockets, welted chest pocket, and half lined. Fabric would be a pick-and-pick, either TR7121 or AR0021.
Now, I'm thinking I'll just have it made up as a suit with the option of wearing the jacket separately as a sport coat. Essentially, I'd have the jacket made up just as described above (my ideal sport coat), but I'd also order matching trousers. I know that it is generally frowned upon to wear a suit jacket as a sport coat, but that's usually when the jacket has a strict orphaned look to it, i.e. a smooth worsted wool, strong shoulders, flap pockets, etc.
I guess the only downsides would be that the suit would have a slightly casual nature given the patch pockets, but I actually wouldn't mind that. The other downside would be potentially different wear rates between the jacket and trousers, but I can't see myself wearing just the jacket often enough for disproportionate wear to be a concern.
Any thoughts on this? At this point, the only thing I'm not sure about is what buttons to go with. What would be appropriate for both a suit and an odd jacket? Light or mid brown? Dark brown horn? Mother of pearl?
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1834 Active Users (414 Members and 1420 Guests)
- › Why was this suit so cheap? 27 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...