Thanks for the response. I'd be happy to patronize a local business, regardless.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 189post #2821 of 53097/13/13 at 1:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2822 of 53097/13/13 at 2:02pmpost #2823 of 53097/13/13 at 2:54pmpost #2824 of 53097/13/13 at 6:03pmpost #2825 of 53097/13/13 at 6:21pmpost #2826 of 53097/13/13 at 6:23pmpost #2827 of 53097/13/13 at 6:26pmpost #2828 of 53097/13/13 at 6:35pmpost #2829 of 53097/13/13 at 6:57pmpost #2830 of 53097/13/13 at 6:57pmpost #2831 of 53097/13/13 at 7:01pmpost #2832 of 53097/13/13 at 7:09pmpost #2833 of 53097/13/13 at 7:13pmpost #2834 of 53097/13/13 at 7:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
No I mean I snagged it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lmao. I also read jester's "snagged it yesterday" comment to mean he had purchased one yesterday. That sucks about the fabric pull. It's the biggest downside to grenadines, IMO. Supposedly there is a way to pull it back into place from the backside with a pair of tweezers, but f*ck if I can figure out how to do that without messing it up further. One of the reasons I prefer grenadine finas (finer weave) as opposed to grossas (larger weave, which is what Kent sells) is that they are much less prone to snags.post #2835 of 53097/13/13 at 7:39pmI've been wanting to have a lighter navy odd jacket made up for a while now--a versatile staple in a mid-weight wool. Options would be soft shoulders, wide lapels, side vents, patch side pockets, welted chest pocket, and half lined. Fabric would be a pick-and-pick, either TR7121 or AR0021.
Now, I'm thinking I'll just have it made up as a suit with the option of wearing the jacket separately as a sport coat. Essentially, I'd have the jacket made up just as described above (my ideal sport coat), but I'd also order matching trousers. I know that it is generally frowned upon to wear a suit jacket as a sport coat, but that's usually when the jacket has a strict orphaned look to it, i.e. a smooth worsted wool, strong shoulders, flap pockets, etc.
I guess the only downsides would be that the suit would have a slightly casual nature given the patch pockets, but I actually wouldn't mind that. The other downside would be potentially different wear rates between the jacket and trousers, but I can't see myself wearing just the jacket often enough for disproportionate wear to be a concern.
Any thoughts on this? At this point, the only thing I'm not sure about is what buttons to go with. What would be appropriate for both a suit and an odd jacket? Light or mid brown? Dark brown horn? Mother of pearl?
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
Currently, there are 979 Active Users (136 Members and 843 Guests)
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 27 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 11 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 15 minutes ago
- › NEW-OAK NYC Five Pocket Black Leather Pants XS/S 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...