or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 178

post #2656 of 3944
The S/S lookbook has plenty of both.
post #2657 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourArsenal View Post

The S/S lookbook has plenty of both.

Thanks! I found the following, but no pictures of a hacking ticket pocket.

 

 

 

I like the high gorge peak on the DB suit, but I'm not a fan of the low gorge on the single. 

post #2658 of 3944
Apparently, there are two different types of peak lapel – regular and wide – and the regular has a higher gorge than the wide. The regular is this one, I think: http://cdn.styleforum.net/5/58/350x280px-LL-5895e2eb_6672324697_4d5d638eb8.jpeg
post #2659 of 3944
Thread Starter 

I find a hacking ticket pocket contradictory: one would not need train tickets while riding a horse.

 

I personally dislike both hacking and ticket pockets.

post #2660 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourArsenal View Post

Apparently, there are two different types of peak lapel – regular and wide – and the regular has a higher gorge than the wide. The regular is this one, I think: http://cdn.styleforum.net/5/58/350x280px-LL-5895e2eb_6672324697_4d5d638eb8.jpeg

 

Gaaaah. Thanks. I looked through the pics in this thread before I posted, but somehow missed that one.

post #2661 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post

I find a hacking ticket pocket contradictory: one would not need train tickets while riding a horse.

 

I personally dislike both hacking and ticket pockets.

What if you're boarding the train to rob it midway and ride off on a horse?

 

Edit: wait. You still wouldn't need access to the ticket while riding a horse.

post #2662 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

What if you're boarding the train to rob it midway and ride off on a horse?

 

Edit: wait. You still wouldn't need access to the ticket while riding a horse.

crackup[1].gif

post #2663 of 3944

No we can solve this. I can think of one situation where both are necessary.

Our gentleman of diverse and peculiar needs returns his collapsable tellascope to his hacking pocket. A moment of silent resolve, then motion. He mounts and is galloping breakneck down the hillside half vertical whilst an iron beast of bellowing horns and billowing smoke courses the circumference of our rider's dusky descent. A precipice, a leap, the water thick and rushing swift below, the piercing shrill of steam escaping hot, and the twilight shilouette of what might be centaur, half man half steed, suspended between terra firma and glory, basking in the rays that bat even Icarus from the sky. 

Cacophony. The car jolts and sways, the passengers gasp and swivel their heads in all which ways. A moment passes, then two. Tap, tap, schunk! The door in the back of the car slides open and a man smeared in dust, glass and splintered boxwood strolls calmly through the car in a matter of five completely silent seconds leaving nothing behind but questions and bloodstains on the upholstery.

The conductor was certainly perplexed by the noise but moreso by the man who barged into the engine car, shoved a wad of bills into his coal stained fists and then a gun into his equally blackened visage. "I''ll only be a moment."

He picked up the phone and turned the dial. "Prime Minister."

 

"I on the last train to the Wonka Factory and will rendezvouz with your daughter before the deadline."

 

"Oh? Why yes, I have a special place on my person for its safekeeping."

/end Synth inspired storytelling

post #2664 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

What if you're boarding the train to rob it midway and ride off on a horse?

Edit: wait. You still wouldn't need access to the ticket while riding a horse.
me: tough to rob a train of anything valuable enough to carry on a horse.

wife: maybe on the train there are rich ladies with jewelry and also you are in the old west
you might even ride your horse to the train station
then you would need the ticket in your pocket
BOOM

me: it takes a real scoundrel to rob ladies of jewelry. Scoundrels don't wear suits.

wife: good point.

me: so if you ever see a guy with a hacking ticket pocket, stay away from him and hide your jewelry.
post #2665 of 3944

Anybody who's gotten the off-white horn or smoked MOP buttons on their suit or jacket, would you mind taking a close-up picture? I'm thinking of getting one of them on my next jacket, but would like to see what they actually look like.

post #2666 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post

I find a hacking ticket pocket contradictory: one would not need train tickets while riding a horse.

 

 

Damn it. I have a suit with both and I will never again feel the same about it after reading this. :-/

 

 

Thankfully I have a Kent Wang headed my way with pockets far more suited to someone who hasn't ridden a train or horse in years (although I have put my subway fare card in the ticket pocket just because I could). 

post #2667 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


me: tough to rob a train of anything valuable enough to carry on a horse.

wife: maybe on the train there are rich ladies with jewelry and also you are in the old west
you might even ride your horse to the train station
then you would need the ticket in your pocket
BOOM

me: it takes a real scoundrel to rob ladies of jewelry. Scoundrels don't wear suits.

wife: good point.

me: so if you ever see a guy with a hacking ticket pocket, stay away from him and hide your jewelry.

 

crackup[1].gif

 

I later thought of something similar: Riding up beside a train and needing to have a ticket ready so as not to arouse suspicion once you are on board. Galloping beside the train, you don't want to have to struggle with a straight ticket pocket. That's nonsense.

 

Also, what if you have a huge stomach, so that to reach around to the ticket pocket would put your wrist at a weird angle? It's easier to angle the pocket so that you could get your ticket(s) out.

 

I will stop derailing this thread with this now.


Get it? deRAILing? 

post #2668 of 3944
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

crackup%5B1%5D.gif

I later thought of something similar: Riding up beside a train and needing to have a ticket ready so as not to arouse suspicion once you are on board. Galloping beside the train, you don't want to have to struggle with a straight ticket pocket. That's nonsense.

Also, what if you have a huge stomach, so that to reach around to the ticket pocket would put your wrist at a weird angle? It's easier to angle the pocket so that you could get your ticket(s) out.

I will stop derailing this thread with this now.


Get it? deRAILing? 

You've sold me on the hacking ticket pocket for my next jacket.
post #2669 of 3944

I had a question.. any reason why these jackets and suits can't have a Kent Wang label? They're really nice but it's a little sad there's no label at all.

post #2670 of 3944
They should at least put the fabric label in there. When I sent my fabric to the factory, there were several Minnis labels included. I was really hoping one would find its way onto the inside lining, but it didn't happen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread