Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 1:14 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 4/27/15 at 1:40pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:51 pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 177
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2642 of 48036/24/13 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by scatterbrain
So, to answer my previous question, I emailed them and asked if they ship the charcoal suit to toronto as a MTM template, and yes they do (in case others are wondering).
I just placed an order for the template suit, 4 squares and a grenadine tie. The real hard part is choosing how to break the news to my wife.
I'm going to get my custom suit in a bluer navy. Does anyone here have experience with fabric TR7121 or TR 7089 from this lookbook? Does anyone have alternatives to suggest? I have to keep the price low (A-range), unless I don't get an extra set of trousers. This is my second navy solid suit, so I'm trying to get something a bit lighter.
Options I expect to get: soft shoulder, limited pick stitching. Hacking pockets and hacking ticket pocket. Half-lined jacket. 4 kissing buttons. Pants will be pretty standard. Flat front.
I'm undecided on lapel width. I like wide lapels, but I don't want to stand out too much at my workplace (which is quite conservative).
I have 7089 and I love it. If you already have a standard dark navy suit and you wanted something a but lighter, this may or may not work for you. I'm on my phone now so I can't repost the pics here, but if you scroll back a few weeks you should see them. The fabric looks like a pretty standard navy indoors (not too dark), but outside in the sunlight the color really pops. I think Kent described it a while ago as not being quite appropriate for an outdoor funeral, due to the brightness of the color.post #2643 of 48036/25/13 at 6:39ampost #2644 of 48036/25/13 at 6:59ampost #2645 of 48036/25/13 at 7:46amQuote:
My 38L with Wide Lapels. I'm growing to like it but I want a standard lapel navy with white horn buttons pretty soon here.
eta: I actually may get the wide lapels on my future brown houndstooth sports coat.. I just dropped $1200 or so on shoes this month so unfortunately it will have to wait. But I'm so excited to order it.
Edited by mrjester - 6/25/13 at 1:42pmpost #2646 of 48036/25/13 at 11:45ampost #2647 of 48036/25/13 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I have 7089 and I love it. If you already have a standard dark navy suit and you wanted something a but lighter, this may or may not work for you. I'm on my phone now so I can't repost the pics here, but if you scroll back a few weeks you should see them. The fabric looks like a pretty standard navy indoors (not too dark), but outside in the sunlight the color really pops. I think Kent described it a while ago as not being quite appropriate for an outdoor funeral, due to the brightness of the color.
Thanks. It's good to hear that the basic fabrics are nice as well. In your photo, it looks bluer than the swatch in the look book.post #2648 of 48036/25/13 at 4:28pmQuote:
Yeah I had the swatch book as well with that fabric, and I thought it looked pretty dark too. In my limited experience, it seems most swatches look a bit darker compared to how they eventually look when made up into a full suit.post #2649 of 48036/25/13 at 7:45pmQuote:
I wear a 38R and prefer the Mediums. There is a pic of me in one several pages back, I've reattached. They are pretty much the only Polos I like to wear anymore (someone liked my white one so much they stole it at a resort pool) I have quite a few now, need to try out the rugby ones. I am 6'0 and 170'ish. A large may be a more relaxed look for you.post #2650 of 48036/26/13 at 2:43amQuote:
Lame about the shirt. At least the thief had good taste!post #2651 of 48036/26/13 at 4:22ampost #2652 of 48036/26/13 at 6:35amQuote:
This is my experience as well.post #2653 of 48036/26/13 at 3:42pmpost #2654 of 48036/26/13 at 5:05pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Help me expand my "shoe collection". 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › What one fashion item helps you stand out? 2 minutes ago
- › So, I got a job at Men's Wearhouse 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan