Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 177post #2642 of 58786/24/13 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by scatterbrain
So, to answer my previous question, I emailed them and asked if they ship the charcoal suit to toronto as a MTM template, and yes they do (in case others are wondering).
I just placed an order for the template suit, 4 squares and a grenadine tie. The real hard part is choosing how to break the news to my wife.
I'm going to get my custom suit in a bluer navy. Does anyone here have experience with fabric TR7121 or TR 7089 from this lookbook? Does anyone have alternatives to suggest? I have to keep the price low (A-range), unless I don't get an extra set of trousers. This is my second navy solid suit, so I'm trying to get something a bit lighter.
Options I expect to get: soft shoulder, limited pick stitching. Hacking pockets and hacking ticket pocket. Half-lined jacket. 4 kissing buttons. Pants will be pretty standard. Flat front.
I'm undecided on lapel width. I like wide lapels, but I don't want to stand out too much at my workplace (which is quite conservative).
I have 7089 and I love it. If you already have a standard dark navy suit and you wanted something a but lighter, this may or may not work for you. I'm on my phone now so I can't repost the pics here, but if you scroll back a few weeks you should see them. The fabric looks like a pretty standard navy indoors (not too dark), but outside in the sunlight the color really pops. I think Kent described it a while ago as not being quite appropriate for an outdoor funeral, due to the brightness of the color.post #2643 of 58786/25/13 at 6:39ampost #2644 of 58786/25/13 at 6:59ampost #2645 of 58786/25/13 at 7:46amQuote:
My 38L with Wide Lapels. I'm growing to like it but I want a standard lapel navy with white horn buttons pretty soon here.
eta: I actually may get the wide lapels on my future brown houndstooth sports coat.. I just dropped $1200 or so on shoes this month so unfortunately it will have to wait. But I'm so excited to order it.
Edited by mrjester - 6/25/13 at 1:42pmpost #2646 of 58786/25/13 at 11:45ampost #2647 of 58786/25/13 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I have 7089 and I love it. If you already have a standard dark navy suit and you wanted something a but lighter, this may or may not work for you. I'm on my phone now so I can't repost the pics here, but if you scroll back a few weeks you should see them. The fabric looks like a pretty standard navy indoors (not too dark), but outside in the sunlight the color really pops. I think Kent described it a while ago as not being quite appropriate for an outdoor funeral, due to the brightness of the color.
Thanks. It's good to hear that the basic fabrics are nice as well. In your photo, it looks bluer than the swatch in the look book.post #2648 of 58786/25/13 at 4:28pmQuote:
Yeah I had the swatch book as well with that fabric, and I thought it looked pretty dark too. In my limited experience, it seems most swatches look a bit darker compared to how they eventually look when made up into a full suit.post #2649 of 58786/25/13 at 7:45pmQuote:
I wear a 38R and prefer the Mediums. There is a pic of me in one several pages back, I've reattached. They are pretty much the only Polos I like to wear anymore (someone liked my white one so much they stole it at a resort pool) I have quite a few now, need to try out the rugby ones. I am 6'0 and 170'ish. A large may be a more relaxed look for you.post #2650 of 58786/26/13 at 2:43amQuote:
Lame about the shirt. At least the thief had good taste!post #2651 of 58786/26/13 at 4:22ampost #2652 of 58786/26/13 at 6:35amQuote:
This is my experience as well.post #2653 of 58786/26/13 at 3:42pmpost #2654 of 58786/26/13 at 5:05pmpost #2655 of 58786/26/13 at 5:15pm
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 11 minutes ago
- › How about Cole Haan Made in Maine shoes 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 32 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 34 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 34 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...