Thanks! Yeah I think I'm leaning towards getting the standard grey twill as well. I just wish there was a similar option in the basic fabric range.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 7/30/14 at 10:41am in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 3:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 175post #2611 of 43806/14/13 at 3:24pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #2612 of 43806/14/13 at 3:42pmQuote:
That gray twill is my next suit.post #2613 of 43806/14/13 at 6:42pmpost #2614 of 43806/14/13 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Haha, yeah I was typing on my phone and didn't feel like linking back to KW's website. Here they are:
That 102701 is amaaaaazing. Really, really soft. Also, it unwrinkles nicely. My suit was in a box for around two weeks, and leaving it on a hanger overnight released 90% of the wrinkles.post #2615 of 43806/14/13 at 8:36pmQuote:
+1. I think a mid to dark heathered gray is more versatile and looks better than charcoal, especially a charcoal as dark as the trial suit. That thing looks black unless right next to something that actually is black.Quote:
Very soft indeed, and the perfect weight for a staple suit.post #2616 of 43806/15/13 at 4:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
So I'm all ready to place my next suit order with Kent - I wanted to see some thoughts from others on the fabric choice before I pulled the trigger.
I'm looking for a standard mid grey (not too dark) that will be used mainly for business meetings or other formal functions. My top 2 choices right now are 7067 (grey herringbone) and 102701 (grey twill). My only concern over 7067 is the herringbone - I don't know how pronounced it will be IRL. On Kent's website it looks very very subtle, you really have to zoom in and look closely to see it. I asked Kent's opinion to see if that one will look pretty much like a solid mid grey once it's finished into a full suit. If the herringbone is too obvious I will most likely just go with 102701....although it would be nice to save a few bucks by going with 7067 ($820 vs $785)!
I have that solid fabric, but I say be bold and go with Herringbone!
PS. My wedding is today, so I will be posting photos of me and my guys in our suits sometime tomorrow.post #2617 of 43806/15/13 at 6:05ampost #2618 of 43806/15/13 at 6:13ampost #2619 of 43806/15/13 at 1:06pmpost #2620 of 43806/15/13 at 1:10pmpost #2621 of 43806/15/13 at 3:53pmpost #2622 of 43806/15/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
102701 was your destiny all along.
Option deets? And of course, be sure to post pics when it arrives!post #2623 of 43806/15/13 at 4:24pmYup, I'll post some more pics once I get it. I'm going with all the same options as my first suit, since that had everything I've ever wanted in a suit which was basically impossible to find OTR: wide lapels, minimal pick stitching, ticket pocket, dual side vents, 3-roll-2, and flat front trousers with button fly, side adjusters, and button fly. I've done a lot of shopping around, and I've never been able to walk into a store and find a suit with that specific combination of details. Good thing Kent can do a fully canvassed MTM version for me!post #2624 of 43806/15/13 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Yup, I'll post some more pics once I get it. I'm going with all the same options as my first suit, since that had everything I've ever wanted in a suit which was basically impossible to find OTR: wide lapels, minimal pick stitching, ticket pocket, dual side vents, 3-roll-2, and flat front trousers with button fly, side adjusters, and button fly. I've done a lot of shopping around, and I've never been able to walk into a store and find a suit with that specific combination of details. Good thing Kent can do a fully canvassed MTM version for me!
Yes, I am 100% convinced that KW offers the best deal around for a full canvas MTM suit. His method of sending a trial suit is infinitely better than just specifying measurements, and he has just the right amount of details and option to select from. Speaking of options, I am definitely going to opt for side adjusters on my next suit trousers, and think I'll go button fly as well. Beatlegeuse, you also have me tempted to try a ticket pocket and 3R2 jacket configuration. I like the look of both, but I'm hesitant for a couple reasons. Firstly, I'm worried that a ticket pocket is a bit too trendy and flashy for a staple suit that I want to be able to wear in a conservative environment if necessary for years to come. Secondly, I'm worried about the 3R2 config because I've read of horror stories where even top quality cleaners mess up when pressing the jacket, and ruin the natural roll by pressing the lapels as if they're supposed to roll to the top button like a normal 3-button. Thoughts?
Edited by Flyswatter - 6/15/13 at 5:59pmpost #2625 of 43806/15/13 at 5:44pmThe chances of anybody outside of StyFo noticing a ticket pocket and thinking it's too flashy is probably slim to none, so I wouldn't worry about that. As far as 3R2, I think it's a great look, but I haven't had my jacket dry cleaned yet so I can't speak about any pressing horror stories. When I do get it cleaned, I will definitely take it somewhere reputable and make sure I talk to the cleaner when I drop it off.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)