Thanks! Yeah I think I'm leaning towards getting the standard grey twill as well. I just wish there was a similar option in the basic fabric range.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 11/30/16 at 9:18am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 175post #2611 of 59706/14/13 at 3:24pmpost #2612 of 59706/14/13 at 3:42pmQuote:
That gray twill is my next suit.post #2613 of 59706/14/13 at 6:42pmpost #2614 of 59706/14/13 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Haha, yeah I was typing on my phone and didn't feel like linking back to KW's website. Here they are:
That 102701 is amaaaaazing. Really, really soft. Also, it unwrinkles nicely. My suit was in a box for around two weeks, and leaving it on a hanger overnight released 90% of the wrinkles.post #2615 of 59706/14/13 at 8:36pmQuote:
+1. I think a mid to dark heathered gray is more versatile and looks better than charcoal, especially a charcoal as dark as the trial suit. That thing looks black unless right next to something that actually is black.Quote:
Very soft indeed, and the perfect weight for a staple suit.post #2616 of 59706/15/13 at 4:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
So I'm all ready to place my next suit order with Kent - I wanted to see some thoughts from others on the fabric choice before I pulled the trigger.
I'm looking for a standard mid grey (not too dark) that will be used mainly for business meetings or other formal functions. My top 2 choices right now are 7067 (grey herringbone) and 102701 (grey twill). My only concern over 7067 is the herringbone - I don't know how pronounced it will be IRL. On Kent's website it looks very very subtle, you really have to zoom in and look closely to see it. I asked Kent's opinion to see if that one will look pretty much like a solid mid grey once it's finished into a full suit. If the herringbone is too obvious I will most likely just go with 102701....although it would be nice to save a few bucks by going with 7067 ($820 vs $785)!
I have that solid fabric, but I say be bold and go with Herringbone!
PS. My wedding is today, so I will be posting photos of me and my guys in our suits sometime tomorrow.post #2617 of 59706/15/13 at 6:05ampost #2618 of 59706/15/13 at 6:13ampost #2619 of 59706/15/13 at 1:06pmpost #2620 of 59706/15/13 at 1:10pmpost #2621 of 59706/15/13 at 3:53pmpost #2622 of 59706/15/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
102701 was your destiny all along.
Option deets? And of course, be sure to post pics when it arrives!post #2623 of 59706/15/13 at 4:24pmYup, I'll post some more pics once I get it. I'm going with all the same options as my first suit, since that had everything I've ever wanted in a suit which was basically impossible to find OTR: wide lapels, minimal pick stitching, ticket pocket, dual side vents, 3-roll-2, and flat front trousers with button fly, side adjusters, and button fly. I've done a lot of shopping around, and I've never been able to walk into a store and find a suit with that specific combination of details. Good thing Kent can do a fully canvassed MTM version for me!post #2624 of 59706/15/13 at 4:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Yup, I'll post some more pics once I get it. I'm going with all the same options as my first suit, since that had everything I've ever wanted in a suit which was basically impossible to find OTR: wide lapels, minimal pick stitching, ticket pocket, dual side vents, 3-roll-2, and flat front trousers with button fly, side adjusters, and button fly. I've done a lot of shopping around, and I've never been able to walk into a store and find a suit with that specific combination of details. Good thing Kent can do a fully canvassed MTM version for me!
Yes, I am 100% convinced that KW offers the best deal around for a full canvas MTM suit. His method of sending a trial suit is infinitely better than just specifying measurements, and he has just the right amount of details and option to select from. Speaking of options, I am definitely going to opt for side adjusters on my next suit trousers, and think I'll go button fly as well. Beatlegeuse, you also have me tempted to try a ticket pocket and 3R2 jacket configuration. I like the look of both, but I'm hesitant for a couple reasons. Firstly, I'm worried that a ticket pocket is a bit too trendy and flashy for a staple suit that I want to be able to wear in a conservative environment if necessary for years to come. Secondly, I'm worried about the 3R2 config because I've read of horror stories where even top quality cleaners mess up when pressing the jacket, and ruin the natural roll by pressing the lapels as if they're supposed to roll to the top button like a normal 3-button. Thoughts?
Edited by Flyswatter - 6/15/13 at 5:59pmpost #2625 of 59706/15/13 at 5:44pmThe chances of anybody outside of StyFo noticing a ticket pocket and thinking it's too flashy is probably slim to none, so I wouldn't worry about that. As far as 3R2, I think it's a great look, but I haven't had my jacket dry cleaned yet so I can't speak about any pressing horror stories. When I do get it cleaned, I will definitely take it somewhere reputable and make sure I talk to the cleaner when I drop it off.
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 19 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 10 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 11 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...