Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 3/6/14 at 12:35pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 6:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 174post #2596 of 37376/12/13 at 2:22pmI'm just getting ready to order the charcoal trial suit and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on swatches I should request for a dark grey suit? I'm looking for something that's not quite charcoal, but definitely not as light as any of the medium greys posted recently. Thanks in advance.
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #2597 of 37376/12/13 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by JohnnyGalt
I'm just getting ready to order the charcoal trial suit and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on swatches I should request for a dark grey suit? I'm looking for something that's not quite charcoal, but definitely not as light as any of the medium greys posted recently. Thanks in advance.
Take a look at 101037. I saw it in the swatch book a few months ago, and although it was darker than what I was looking for at the time, I wouldn't mind having a suit with that fabric down the road. A nice medium to dark charcoal, certainly darker than the mid grays you've seen in this thread recently, but not so dark as to be mistaken for black.post #2598 of 37376/13/13 at 2:33pmEverything I want to buy is out of stock.
White polo and Dendera zodiac pocket square.
I own the white polo in small, but I have gymed my way into a medium in the chest area. Plus, I got it slimmed at a tailor when I bought it. Now I can't seem to put it on.
I wish it were a medium weight fabric though like the orange. So comfy.post #2599 of 37376/13/13 at 3:39pm
Question for anyone who owns the grey polo - is the 'Kent Wang' name visible through the fabric if you're looking at the back of the shirt? I have the light blue one and it's always kinda peeved me that you can see the name stamp. Grey is listed as a light fabric as well so I'm wondering if I'll have the same issue with that shade.post #2600 of 37376/13/13 at 6:28pm
Just wondering if I can get a bit of help regarding trousers and pleats.
I'm ordering my trial suit and have tried both 32 and 32 waist trousers. The 32 is far too tight in the seat and thighs, but slightly loose in the waist.
The 34 is too loose everywhere except the thighs. Kent has told me that the waist can't be reduced as much as I need for the 34's and has suggested I go with double pleats and larger measurements in the 32, with a slight reduction in waist.
I was just a bit concerned given some of the comments about pleats giving a lot more extra room. I will also be increasing the rise. Do you thin a +4cm seat and a +1.5cm thigh will be too much when combined with pleats?
post #2601 of 37376/14/13 at 6:36ampost #2602 of 37376/14/13 at 8:10ampost #2603 of 37376/14/13 at 10:21amSo I'm all ready to place my next suit order with Kent - I wanted to see some thoughts from others on the fabric choice before I pulled the trigger.
I'm looking for a standard mid grey (not too dark) that will be used mainly for business meetings or other formal functions. My top 2 choices right now are 7067 (grey herringbone) and 102701 (grey twill). My only concern over 7067 is the herringbone - I don't know how pronounced it will be IRL. On Kent's website it looks very very subtle, you really have to zoom in and look closely to see it. I asked Kent's opinion to see if that one will look pretty much like a solid mid grey once it's finished into a full suit. If the herringbone is too obvious I will most likely just go with 102701....although it would be nice to save a few bucks by going with 7067 ($820 vs $785)!post #2604 of 37376/14/13 at 12:47pmpost #2605 of 37376/14/13 at 12:51pmHaha, yeah I was typing on my phone and didn't feel like linking back to KW's website. Here they are:
102701: http://www.kentwang.com/suits/grey-twill-5.htmlpost #2606 of 37376/14/13 at 12:55pmpost #2607 of 37376/14/13 at 1:18pmOh yeah, Baller sports coats will be forthcoming for sure. But I just got a new job where I will have to wear suits once or twice a week. My only really nice suit is my navy one from KW, so I need at least a grey suit to mix it up. I'd really like to eventually get a nice 4 or 5 suit rotation, and then throw some SC's in there, but I definitely need to start with the basics for now.post #2608 of 37376/14/13 at 1:21pmpost #2609 of 37376/14/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
So I'm all ready to place my next suit order with Kent - I wanted to see some thoughts from others on the fabric choice before I pulled the trigger.
I'm looking for a standard mid grey (not too dark) that will be used mainly for business meetings or other formal functions. My top 2 choices right now are 7067 (grey herringbone) and 102701 (grey twill). My only concern over 7067 is the herringbone - I don't know how pronounced it will be IRL. On Kent's website it looks very very subtle, you really have to zoom in and look closely to see it. I asked Kent's opinion to see if that one will look pretty much like a solid mid grey once it's finished into a full suit. If the herringbone is too obvious I will most likely just go with 102701....although it would be nice to save a few bucks by going with 7067 ($820 vs $785)!
I'm probably a bit biased, but I'd go with 102701. It looks a bit darker IRL than in the pics I recently posted. Also, I'm not really a fan of herringbone, no matter how faint.
Congrats on the new job!post #2610 of 37376/14/13 at 3:07pmSome of my thoughts after making multiple purchases from Kent. If there's one word to describe Kent, it's helpful. He has answered every single e-mail I've sent him even when the questions weren't directly related to what he's selling. My experiences with Kent is literally like talking to another fellow SF'er via PM. I get the feel that Kent wants to teach people about clothing on top of selling his goods. If you need to make an exchange on something you bought for whatever reason, Kent is fast to ship you the replacement.
The only downside is there can be some quality control issues on the ties. Blades can be uneven or the length is off. However, Kent will quickly give you an exchange.
Great seller to buy from. He has made me into a loyal customer. Easily the best I've bought from.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 41 seconds ago
- › ***No Man Walks Alone x Vass MTO Thread*** 47 seconds ago
- › True Detective - HBO 2 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 2 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › My own new Fancy Mens fashion clothes 4 minutes ago
- › Noob Needing Help with Pocket Square and Socks! 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw