Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/20/16 at 6:35am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 174post #2596 of 58356/12/13 at 2:22pmI'm just getting ready to order the charcoal trial suit and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on swatches I should request for a dark grey suit? I'm looking for something that's not quite charcoal, but definitely not as light as any of the medium greys posted recently. Thanks in advance.post #2597 of 58356/12/13 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by JohnnyGalt
I'm just getting ready to order the charcoal trial suit and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on swatches I should request for a dark grey suit? I'm looking for something that's not quite charcoal, but definitely not as light as any of the medium greys posted recently. Thanks in advance.
Take a look at 101037. I saw it in the swatch book a few months ago, and although it was darker than what I was looking for at the time, I wouldn't mind having a suit with that fabric down the road. A nice medium to dark charcoal, certainly darker than the mid grays you've seen in this thread recently, but not so dark as to be mistaken for black.post #2598 of 58356/13/13 at 2:33pmEverything I want to buy is out of stock.
White polo and Dendera zodiac pocket square.
I own the white polo in small, but I have gymed my way into a medium in the chest area. Plus, I got it slimmed at a tailor when I bought it. Now I can't seem to put it on.
I wish it were a medium weight fabric though like the orange. So comfy.post #2599 of 58356/13/13 at 3:39pm
Question for anyone who owns the grey polo - is the 'Kent Wang' name visible through the fabric if you're looking at the back of the shirt? I have the light blue one and it's always kinda peeved me that you can see the name stamp. Grey is listed as a light fabric as well so I'm wondering if I'll have the same issue with that shade.post #2600 of 58356/13/13 at 6:28pm
Just wondering if I can get a bit of help regarding trousers and pleats.
I'm ordering my trial suit and have tried both 32 and 32 waist trousers. The 32 is far too tight in the seat and thighs, but slightly loose in the waist.
The 34 is too loose everywhere except the thighs. Kent has told me that the waist can't be reduced as much as I need for the 34's and has suggested I go with double pleats and larger measurements in the 32, with a slight reduction in waist.
I was just a bit concerned given some of the comments about pleats giving a lot more extra room. I will also be increasing the rise. Do you thin a +4cm seat and a +1.5cm thigh will be too much when combined with pleats?
post #2601 of 58356/14/13 at 6:36ampost #2602 of 58356/14/13 at 8:10ampost #2603 of 58356/14/13 at 10:21amSo I'm all ready to place my next suit order with Kent - I wanted to see some thoughts from others on the fabric choice before I pulled the trigger.
I'm looking for a standard mid grey (not too dark) that will be used mainly for business meetings or other formal functions. My top 2 choices right now are 7067 (grey herringbone) and 102701 (grey twill). My only concern over 7067 is the herringbone - I don't know how pronounced it will be IRL. On Kent's website it looks very very subtle, you really have to zoom in and look closely to see it. I asked Kent's opinion to see if that one will look pretty much like a solid mid grey once it's finished into a full suit. If the herringbone is too obvious I will most likely just go with 102701....although it would be nice to save a few bucks by going with 7067 ($820 vs $785)!post #2604 of 58356/14/13 at 12:47pmpost #2605 of 58356/14/13 at 12:51pmHaha, yeah I was typing on my phone and didn't feel like linking back to KW's website. Here they are:
102701: http://www.kentwang.com/suits/grey-twill-5.htmlpost #2606 of 58356/14/13 at 12:55pmpost #2607 of 58356/14/13 at 1:18pmOh yeah, Baller sports coats will be forthcoming for sure. But I just got a new job where I will have to wear suits once or twice a week. My only really nice suit is my navy one from KW, so I need at least a grey suit to mix it up. I'd really like to eventually get a nice 4 or 5 suit rotation, and then throw some SC's in there, but I definitely need to start with the basics for now.post #2608 of 58356/14/13 at 1:21pmpost #2609 of 58356/14/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
So I'm all ready to place my next suit order with Kent - I wanted to see some thoughts from others on the fabric choice before I pulled the trigger.
I'm looking for a standard mid grey (not too dark) that will be used mainly for business meetings or other formal functions. My top 2 choices right now are 7067 (grey herringbone) and 102701 (grey twill). My only concern over 7067 is the herringbone - I don't know how pronounced it will be IRL. On Kent's website it looks very very subtle, you really have to zoom in and look closely to see it. I asked Kent's opinion to see if that one will look pretty much like a solid mid grey once it's finished into a full suit. If the herringbone is too obvious I will most likely just go with 102701....although it would be nice to save a few bucks by going with 7067 ($820 vs $785)!
I'm probably a bit biased, but I'd go with 102701. It looks a bit darker IRL than in the pics I recently posted. Also, I'm not really a fan of herringbone, no matter how faint.
Congrats on the new job!post #2610 of 58356/14/13 at 3:07pmSome of my thoughts after making multiple purchases from Kent. If there's one word to describe Kent, it's helpful. He has answered every single e-mail I've sent him even when the questions weren't directly related to what he's selling. My experiences with Kent is literally like talking to another fellow SF'er via PM. I get the feel that Kent wants to teach people about clothing on top of selling his goods. If you need to make an exchange on something you bought for whatever reason, Kent is fast to ship you the replacement.
The only downside is there can be some quality control issues on the ties. Blades can be uneven or the length is off. However, Kent will quickly give you an exchange.
Great seller to buy from. He has made me into a loyal customer. Easily the best I've bought from.
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Cars We Drive! 5 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Alden 975 Cordovan Long Wing Blucher Color 8 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 13 minutes ago
- › San Francisco vs Los Angeles for MTM/bespoke suits? 13 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...