No, there has only ever been one color. I recall several months ago when someone posted a picture of what appeared to be a much lighter shade of brown, but Kent said it was merely a lighting issue.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 12:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 6/28/15 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 6:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:58 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 168post #2506 of 48476/6/13 at 3:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2507 of 48476/6/13 at 5:00pmpost #2508 of 48476/6/13 at 5:38pmpost #2509 of 48476/7/13 at 6:51ampost #2510 of 48476/7/13 at 7:07amQuote:post #2511 of 48476/7/13 at 7:56ampost #2512 of 48476/7/13 at 8:03ampost #2513 of 48476/7/13 at 10:09am
I have to say, I've really enjoyed buying from Kent Wang and I will continue to do so. I've bought several key items for my wedding from KW. He has great taste and helped me navigate my MTM with great respect and care. I've provided some photos (they're all "action" shots—no SF stills available) to let you see how the final product turned out.
For my wedding, I wore the following KW items:
- MTM 2-piece suit, 7033 charcoal grey. Default options except for half-lining (costs extra), limited pick stitching and non-working buttonholes. Based off a 36R, with Kent's recommended modifications.
- MTM white poplin shirt. French cuff, back darts. Based off a 14.5, with Kent's recommended modifications.
- Shepard's check tie
- Silver knot cuff links
- White linen PS
If I were to buy a second suit, I would probably change the shoulder pitch, lengthen the jacket and sleeves just a hair and fix the unwanted rolls on the back of the trousers. I don't know how to fix the trouser rolls problem, so feel free to enlighten me.
I would also lengthen the sleeves of my MTM shirt. The shirt sleeves hit the right spot when unbuttoned with arms laying perfectly still, but this implies pulling up the wrist when I move my arms.
I had to bring the tie to a tailor to shorten, as the default length is a bit too long for my 14.5 neck, and the tie is too thick to do a double FIH not.
Details of the suit
Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Lapel size: Standard 3.5"
Side pockets: Flap, straight
Ticket pocket: No
Flap size: Regular 2"
Chest pocket: Welted
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
Cuff finishing: Non-working buttonholes
Pick stitching: Limited
Lining: Half ($20)
Lining fabric: Dark grey
Piping: Light grey
Buttons: Horn black
Waistband: Belt loops
Trousers lining: Half
Trousers pick stitching: Extensivepost #2514 of 48476/7/13 at 10:18ampost #2515 of 48476/7/13 at 10:38ampost #2516 of 48476/7/13 at 10:48am
I have a similar issue with the folds on the pants and a bit of a flap on the side. Brought them to the tailor and he started and stopped a couple of times as he was trying to figure out the best approach to solve the problem. He started pinning with our goal being to clean them up as much as possible. I'm not sure exactly what he did (he's also taking in the waist and shortening them) but can let you know how it turns out and how fixable the problem is. In general, I find pants to be very "alterable" within seem allowances.
post #2517 of 48476/7/13 at 11:04amI have the same. Been told its a pelvic tilt issue. Really hard to fix and kent told me that's something they can't take in to account.
Post detailed pics in the fit feedback thread. Or message otctailor. Some of it can be remedied by messing with the rise and the waistband height. Its complicated, risky and expensive if at all possible.post #2518 of 48476/7/13 at 11:44amQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
I read about this earlier in the thread but does anyone else have any issues with the chest pocket being way too far inside? Standard lapels and only maybe a half of the PS shows. Any kind of fold that's not flat doesn't work at all as it severely screws with the lapel.
I don't feel like mine is too far inside, but thepocket itself is angled inside. i really have to do some origami to get my TV fold hanky to sit square to the pocket line.post #2519 of 48476/7/13 at 12:03pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 6 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds First Quality Dalton Oxblood 9E Worn 5-10 times 13 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 19 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...