No, there has only ever been one color. I recall several months ago when someone posted a picture of what appeared to be a much lighter shade of brown, but Kent said it was merely a lighting issue.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:46 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on Today at 4:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:35 pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 168post #2506 of 48036/6/13 at 3:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2507 of 48036/6/13 at 5:00pmpost #2508 of 48036/6/13 at 5:38pmpost #2509 of 48036/7/13 at 6:51ampost #2510 of 48036/7/13 at 7:07amQuote:post #2511 of 48036/7/13 at 7:56ampost #2512 of 48036/7/13 at 8:03ampost #2513 of 48036/7/13 at 10:09am
I have to say, I've really enjoyed buying from Kent Wang and I will continue to do so. I've bought several key items for my wedding from KW. He has great taste and helped me navigate my MTM with great respect and care. I've provided some photos (they're all "action" shots—no SF stills available) to let you see how the final product turned out.
For my wedding, I wore the following KW items:
- MTM 2-piece suit, 7033 charcoal grey. Default options except for half-lining (costs extra), limited pick stitching and non-working buttonholes. Based off a 36R, with Kent's recommended modifications.
- MTM white poplin shirt. French cuff, back darts. Based off a 14.5, with Kent's recommended modifications.
- Shepard's check tie
- Silver knot cuff links
- White linen PS
If I were to buy a second suit, I would probably change the shoulder pitch, lengthen the jacket and sleeves just a hair and fix the unwanted rolls on the back of the trousers. I don't know how to fix the trouser rolls problem, so feel free to enlighten me.
I would also lengthen the sleeves of my MTM shirt. The shirt sleeves hit the right spot when unbuttoned with arms laying perfectly still, but this implies pulling up the wrist when I move my arms.
I had to bring the tie to a tailor to shorten, as the default length is a bit too long for my 14.5 neck, and the tie is too thick to do a double FIH not.
Details of the suit
Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Lapel size: Standard 3.5"
Side pockets: Flap, straight
Ticket pocket: No
Flap size: Regular 2"
Chest pocket: Welted
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
Cuff finishing: Non-working buttonholes
Pick stitching: Limited
Lining: Half ($20)
Lining fabric: Dark grey
Piping: Light grey
Buttons: Horn black
Waistband: Belt loops
Trousers lining: Half
Trousers pick stitching: Extensivepost #2514 of 48036/7/13 at 10:18ampost #2515 of 48036/7/13 at 10:38ampost #2516 of 48036/7/13 at 10:48am
I have a similar issue with the folds on the pants and a bit of a flap on the side. Brought them to the tailor and he started and stopped a couple of times as he was trying to figure out the best approach to solve the problem. He started pinning with our goal being to clean them up as much as possible. I'm not sure exactly what he did (he's also taking in the waist and shortening them) but can let you know how it turns out and how fixable the problem is. In general, I find pants to be very "alterable" within seem allowances.
post #2517 of 48036/7/13 at 11:04amI have the same. Been told its a pelvic tilt issue. Really hard to fix and kent told me that's something they can't take in to account.
Post detailed pics in the fit feedback thread. Or message otctailor. Some of it can be remedied by messing with the rise and the waistband height. Its complicated, risky and expensive if at all possible.post #2518 of 48036/7/13 at 11:44amQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
I read about this earlier in the thread but does anyone else have any issues with the chest pocket being way too far inside? Standard lapels and only maybe a half of the PS shows. Any kind of fold that's not flat doesn't work at all as it severely screws with the lapel.
I don't feel like mine is too far inside, but thepocket itself is angled inside. i really have to do some origami to get my TV fold hanky to sit square to the pocket line.post #2519 of 48036/7/13 at 12:03pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Barney's NY Brown Leather Weekend Duffel Bag - New 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Paul Evans NY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › Benefit/s of a two piece collar? 15 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan