No, there has only ever been one color. I recall several months ago when someone posted a picture of what appeared to be a much lighter shade of brown, but Kent said it was merely a lighting issue.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 9/14/14 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 2:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 168post #2506 of 44376/6/13 at 3:08pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #2507 of 44376/6/13 at 5:00pmpost #2508 of 44376/6/13 at 5:38pmpost #2509 of 44376/7/13 at 6:51ampost #2510 of 44376/7/13 at 7:07amQuote:post #2511 of 44376/7/13 at 7:56ampost #2512 of 44376/7/13 at 8:03ampost #2513 of 44376/7/13 at 10:09am
I have to say, I've really enjoyed buying from Kent Wang and I will continue to do so. I've bought several key items for my wedding from KW. He has great taste and helped me navigate my MTM with great respect and care. I've provided some photos (they're all "action" shots—no SF stills available) to let you see how the final product turned out.
For my wedding, I wore the following KW items:
- MTM 2-piece suit, 7033 charcoal grey. Default options except for half-lining (costs extra), limited pick stitching and non-working buttonholes. Based off a 36R, with Kent's recommended modifications.
- MTM white poplin shirt. French cuff, back darts. Based off a 14.5, with Kent's recommended modifications.
- Shepard's check tie
- Silver knot cuff links
- White linen PS
If I were to buy a second suit, I would probably change the shoulder pitch, lengthen the jacket and sleeves just a hair and fix the unwanted rolls on the back of the trousers. I don't know how to fix the trouser rolls problem, so feel free to enlighten me.
I would also lengthen the sleeves of my MTM shirt. The shirt sleeves hit the right spot when unbuttoned with arms laying perfectly still, but this implies pulling up the wrist when I move my arms.
I had to bring the tie to a tailor to shorten, as the default length is a bit too long for my 14.5 neck, and the tie is too thick to do a double FIH not.
Details of the suit
Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Lapel size: Standard 3.5"
Side pockets: Flap, straight
Ticket pocket: No
Flap size: Regular 2"
Chest pocket: Welted
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
Cuff finishing: Non-working buttonholes
Pick stitching: Limited
Lining: Half ($20)
Lining fabric: Dark grey
Piping: Light grey
Buttons: Horn black
Waistband: Belt loops
Trousers lining: Half
Trousers pick stitching: Extensivepost #2514 of 44376/7/13 at 10:18ampost #2515 of 44376/7/13 at 10:38ampost #2516 of 44376/7/13 at 10:48am
I have a similar issue with the folds on the pants and a bit of a flap on the side. Brought them to the tailor and he started and stopped a couple of times as he was trying to figure out the best approach to solve the problem. He started pinning with our goal being to clean them up as much as possible. I'm not sure exactly what he did (he's also taking in the waist and shortening them) but can let you know how it turns out and how fixable the problem is. In general, I find pants to be very "alterable" within seem allowances.
post #2517 of 44376/7/13 at 11:04amI have the same. Been told its a pelvic tilt issue. Really hard to fix and kent told me that's something they can't take in to account.
Post detailed pics in the fit feedback thread. Or message otctailor. Some of it can be remedied by messing with the rise and the waistband height. Its complicated, risky and expensive if at all possible.post #2518 of 44376/7/13 at 11:44amQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
I read about this earlier in the thread but does anyone else have any issues with the chest pocket being way too far inside? Standard lapels and only maybe a half of the PS shows. Any kind of fold that's not flat doesn't work at all as it severely screws with the lapel.
I don't feel like mine is too far inside, but thepocket itself is angled inside. i really have to do some origami to get my TV fold hanky to sit square to the pocket line.post #2519 of 44376/7/13 at 12:03pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 57 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Boardwalk Empire 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)