No, there has only ever been one color. I recall several months ago when someone posted a picture of what appeared to be a much lighter shade of brown, but Kent said it was merely a lighting issue.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 12/9/14 at 9:24am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 9:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 168post #2506 of 45776/6/13 at 3:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2507 of 45776/6/13 at 5:00pmpost #2508 of 45776/6/13 at 5:38pmpost #2509 of 45776/7/13 at 6:51ampost #2510 of 45776/7/13 at 7:07amQuote:post #2511 of 45776/7/13 at 7:56ampost #2512 of 45776/7/13 at 8:03ampost #2513 of 45776/7/13 at 10:09am
I have to say, I've really enjoyed buying from Kent Wang and I will continue to do so. I've bought several key items for my wedding from KW. He has great taste and helped me navigate my MTM with great respect and care. I've provided some photos (they're all "action" shots—no SF stills available) to let you see how the final product turned out.
For my wedding, I wore the following KW items:
- MTM 2-piece suit, 7033 charcoal grey. Default options except for half-lining (costs extra), limited pick stitching and non-working buttonholes. Based off a 36R, with Kent's recommended modifications.
- MTM white poplin shirt. French cuff, back darts. Based off a 14.5, with Kent's recommended modifications.
- Shepard's check tie
- Silver knot cuff links
- White linen PS
If I were to buy a second suit, I would probably change the shoulder pitch, lengthen the jacket and sleeves just a hair and fix the unwanted rolls on the back of the trousers. I don't know how to fix the trouser rolls problem, so feel free to enlighten me.
I would also lengthen the sleeves of my MTM shirt. The shirt sleeves hit the right spot when unbuttoned with arms laying perfectly still, but this implies pulling up the wrist when I move my arms.
I had to bring the tie to a tailor to shorten, as the default length is a bit too long for my 14.5 neck, and the tie is too thick to do a double FIH not.
Details of the suit
Front: 2 button, notch lapel
Lapel size: Standard 3.5"
Side pockets: Flap, straight
Ticket pocket: No
Flap size: Regular 2"
Chest pocket: Welted
Vents: Double (side)
Sleeve buttons: 4
Sleeve buttons overlap: Yes
Cuff finishing: Non-working buttonholes
Pick stitching: Limited
Lining: Half ($20)
Lining fabric: Dark grey
Piping: Light grey
Buttons: Horn black
Waistband: Belt loops
Trousers lining: Half
Trousers pick stitching: Extensivepost #2514 of 45776/7/13 at 10:18ampost #2515 of 45776/7/13 at 10:38ampost #2516 of 45776/7/13 at 10:48am
I have a similar issue with the folds on the pants and a bit of a flap on the side. Brought them to the tailor and he started and stopped a couple of times as he was trying to figure out the best approach to solve the problem. He started pinning with our goal being to clean them up as much as possible. I'm not sure exactly what he did (he's also taking in the waist and shortening them) but can let you know how it turns out and how fixable the problem is. In general, I find pants to be very "alterable" within seem allowances.
post #2517 of 45776/7/13 at 11:04amI have the same. Been told its a pelvic tilt issue. Really hard to fix and kent told me that's something they can't take in to account.
Post detailed pics in the fit feedback thread. Or message otctailor. Some of it can be remedied by messing with the rise and the waistband height. Its complicated, risky and expensive if at all possible.post #2518 of 45776/7/13 at 11:44amQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
I read about this earlier in the thread but does anyone else have any issues with the chest pocket being way too far inside? Standard lapels and only maybe a half of the PS shows. Any kind of fold that's not flat doesn't work at all as it severely screws with the lapel.
I don't feel like mine is too far inside, but thepocket itself is angled inside. i really have to do some origami to get my TV fold hanky to sit square to the pocket line.post #2519 of 45776/7/13 at 12:03pm
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 8 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 17 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 17 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 19 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...