or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 161

post #2401 of 4576
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post

Hey all: I've been dying to buy one of Kent's polos but my size is out of stock for a couple months. Anyone have any recommendations for something similar (brand and fit)? Going on an early summer trip and need me some polos. Many thanks to all.

I just got a few and have to say the fit is great. They are long and slim, which is unlike other brands which seem to think that slim people need shorter shirts for some stupid reason.

polo slim fit might get you close
post #2402 of 4576

Yeah...I don't think I'm actually a drop 2! I can easily get a finger or two between the waistband and my stomach (not sure if that is the right "test" but it seems about right) in the size 30 trousers. Perhaps I am just not used to such a slim cut. This is my first foray out of the world of Men's Wearhouse. 

post #2403 of 4576
I was just checking the suit options on the website, and there were some options that I saw before and made notes of the fabric numbers, because I was hoping to check back and order them at a later date.

Specifically, I was looking for 7064 (for a staple mid grey suit) and 107604 (for a brown guncheck SC). Are these sold out or is it still possible to order them? I'm close to getting a job where I will need to wear suits more often, so I will most likely order the grey suit within the next 2-3 weeks, assuming I get the job, that is.

Also, I see that there's now a perfect navy hopsack now (106124), which should make the ultimate 4-season navy blazer icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2404 of 4576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I was just checking the suit options on the website, and there were some options that I saw before and made notes of the fabric numbers, because I was hoping to check back and order them at a later date.

Specifically, I was looking for 7064 (for a staple mid grey suit) and 107604 (for a brown guncheck SC). Are these sold out or is it still possible to order them? I'm close to getting a job where I will need to wear suits more often, so I will most likely order the grey suit within the next 2-3 weeks, assuming I get the job, that is.

I too was considering 7064 a couple months ago for my mid gray suit, but Kent told me it was discontinued. I went with 102701 instead, and think it's perfect.

Hope you get the job! biggrin.gif
post #2405 of 4576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

I too was considering 7064 a couple months ago for my mid gray suit, but Kent told me it was discontinued. I went with 102701 instead, and think it's perfect.

Hope you get the job! biggrin.gif

Thanks for the well wishes! Sucks about that fabric though, only because I didn't see anything comparable (solid mid grey) in the basic category. Looks like I'll have to pony up some extra cash to get the standard grey suit.

EDIT - I also double checked the website and found 107604, don't know how I missed it the first time. Is that the best option for a brown guncheck or houndstooth jacket? I'm a little worried it might look too light when it's fully made up. Is there anything similar that's a little darker brown?
Edited by Beatlegeuse - 5/23/13 at 7:36am
post #2406 of 4576
Gentlemen, another polo fit question:

I wear a 15.5" collar shirt when I purchase dress shirts. I usually get slim fit or regular fit Brooks. I have a 42" chest and wear a 42s jacket, since I'm 5' 7" and have short arms. Also, when I purchase sport coats, I aim for between 19" and 20" shoulders. My natural waist is 35."

According to the polo fit chart, I should be either an XL or an XXL. An XXL might be a better fit in the chest, but surely it would be tent-like otherwise, no? Any recommendations?

Thanks
post #2407 of 4576
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Office Hack View Post

Gentlemen, another polo fit question:

I wear a 15.5" collar shirt when I purchase dress shirts. I usually get slim fit or regular fit Brooks. I have a 42" chest and wear a 42s jacket, since I'm 5' 7" and have short arms. Also, when I purchase sport coats, I aim for between 19" and 20" shoulders. My natural waist is 35."

According to the polo fit chart, I should be either an XL or an XXL. An XXL might be a better fit in the chest, but surely it would be tent-like otherwise, no? Any recommendations?

Thanks

 

XXL. Shouldn't be that bad in the waist,

post #2408 of 4576
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Office Hack View Post

Gentlemen, another polo fit question:

I wear a 15.5" collar shirt when I purchase dress shirts. I usually get slim fit or regular fit Brooks. I have a 42" chest and wear a 42s jacket, since I'm 5' 7" and have short arms. Also, when I purchase sport coats, I aim for between 19" and 20" shoulders. My natural waist is 35."

According to the polo fit chart, I should be either an XL or an XXL. An XXL might be a better fit in the chest, but surely it would be tent-like otherwise, no? Any recommendations?

Thanks


I wear a 16 1/2 slim fit/extra slim fit dress shirt, 42 regular in a jacket also with 19" shoulders, 44 chest. I bought a large in Kent's polo and it fits just a bit snug after washing. An XL would be ideal. Also note that the sleeves are a bit shorter and should fit you fine.

post #2409 of 4576
Hey guys, I'm thknking of taking the plunge on a KW suit, but need some info.

How's the shoulder? Natural, or RLBL caliber?

High armholes? Has anybody had any other issues (e.g. collar gap?).

Thanks!
post #2410 of 4576
^ you have lots of different shoulder options with KW, but none of them are really like RLBL. They have a soft shoulder option, which is really nice, and even their standard shoulder is relatively soft too. I haven't seen too many examples of their roped shoulder option, but I don't think that is really as strong as RLBL either.

Collar gap hasn't been an issue for me, I actually have less gap with my KW suit jacket than pretty much any other jacket I've ever owned. And, if you like a nice, high armhole, then you will like these. I actually had to enlarge the armhole on my order, because it was too tight on the trial jacket.
post #2411 of 4576
Thanks for the info!
post #2412 of 4576
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

Star chart:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post

The Star Chart's probably my favourite one - it's really easy to work into outfits. Find myself reaching for it in the morning much more than most other squares (except white linen).



What kind of folds are those? Rolled puff? I just ordered the Star Chart as well and am looking forward to receiving it.
post #2413 of 4576

Sorry if this has already been covered. I couldn't find it in a search. Are side tabs on your trousers buttons or a strap and buckle? I'm looking for buttons. Black Lapel offers them, but I like your fabrics and options more.
 

post #2414 of 4576
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post



What kind of folds are those? Rolled puff? I just ordered the Star Chart as well and am looking forward to receiving it.

 

I just grab mine by the middle, fold it in two, cram it in and fuss with it a little

post #2415 of 4576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becon View Post

Sorry if this has already been covered. I couldn't find it in a search. Are side tabs on your trousers buttons or a strap and buckle? I'm looking for buttons. Black Lapel offers them, but I like your fabrics and options more.

 

Strap and buckle. I can take a picture of mine later and post it here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread