Included a spoiler of one of Kent's emails to me when I was arguing about something stupid.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am absolutely certain this is a 38, as indicated by the red numbers on the tag. Our system, as do some other brands, converts EU 46 to US 38. Regardless of the indicated size, this fits you well in the shoulders, which is the most important measurement, as that can't be adjusted substantially, unlike the other measurements. So this is the right size for you.
- Lower collar -1 cm. This will reduce the excess fabric below the collar on the back
- Back chest (armpit to armpit) -1 cm
- Waist looks a little tight, but not too bad from the back, so I think +2 cm
- Buttoning point should be at the narrowest part of your waist, so -1.5 cm
- Sleeve length needs to be increased roughly +2.5 cm. Hang your arms naturally at your side. Your shirt cuff should fall at the third joint (base joint) of your thumb and the jacket should be 1.5 cm above that. In your photos, it looks like your left arm is longer, but you should double check all that.
- Jacket length is usually adjusted a similar amount as the sleeves, and it should cover your butt, so +2.5 cm
I changed the button stance to a full -2cm. That was the only change I made to rival Kent's.
Edit: And thank you. I love it, it's fantastic. There's a wedding coming up in October here.. means I need either another sports coat or a full blown suit.