Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 8:20 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 6/28/15 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 7/21/15 at 3:06pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 8:48 am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 147post #2191 of 49114/4/13 at 12:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2192 of 49114/6/13 at 3:36pmpost #2193 of 49114/7/13 at 3:18pmpost #2194 of 49114/7/13 at 3:31pmpost #2195 of 49114/8/13 at 5:14ampost #2196 of 49114/8/13 at 2:00pmpost #2197 of 49114/8/13 at 10:04pmpost #2198 of 49114/9/13 at 2:49ampost #2199 of 49114/10/13 at 9:21amQuote:
True, I understand broguing adds a level of informality, I'm just not a big fan of the added embellishments. A plain toe blucher is phenomenal in its simplicity, though. The "distant future" works for me haha, hope you give it more consideration!
Beatlegeuse's suit in 7089 looks fantastic... that might have to be my next suit.post #2200 of 49114/11/13 at 10:26ampost #2201 of 49114/11/13 at 10:41amQuote:
I've noticed this as well and have also been wondering about it. I hope the manufacturer is the same, as I love Kent's suits and have an MTM on the way, and I also won the free suit contest from Tiberias. As nice as KW's suits are, I'd be more than happy if Tiberias uses the same maker. I can post a review and comparison between the two, though it will be a couple months 'til I have both. In the meantime, hopefully someone can share some definitive insight.post #2202 of 49114/11/13 at 11:48amQuote:
Good question. Someone in another thread pointed out a fabric swatch book from Proper Suit that looked similar to some of KW's S/S fabrics. I suspect there are a few manufacturers who are better at servicing the smaller operations.post #2203 of 49114/11/13 at 12:15pmpost #2204 of 49114/11/13 at 1:02pm
I actually spotted the look book, with fabrics, in a local store in Sweden. When I talked to the store owner he told me that the European distributor for these MTM-suits is a Dutch company but the manufacturing actually takes place in China. Further to this I've heard rumors (not at all from a trustworthy source) that the same factory actually supplies Suit Supply with their suits according to their specs.
Would be interesting to learn more about this.post #2205 of 49114/11/13 at 2:28pm
Good fit m8.Quote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
Here is my KW MTM suit in action. I took a dozen pics in my office but this one is about as good as it gets cause the lighting in my office sux and my timer is short. Maybe I need to fire my photographer. But it's something to look at since people are requesting pictures.
I chose soft shoulders, standard lapels, double vents, working button holes, limited pick stitching, 1.5" pant cuff. Overall I'm pleased. For my next order I'll probably take out the jacket waist a little, add another cm or so to length, and make a small tweak to the collar height.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Upper Class Taste 11 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › deception 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 5 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...