Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 147post #2191 of 53134/4/13 at 12:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2192 of 53134/6/13 at 3:36pmpost #2193 of 53134/7/13 at 3:18pmpost #2194 of 53134/7/13 at 3:31pmpost #2195 of 53134/8/13 at 5:14ampost #2196 of 53134/8/13 at 2:00pmpost #2197 of 53134/8/13 at 10:04pmpost #2198 of 53134/9/13 at 2:49ampost #2199 of 53134/10/13 at 9:21amQuote:
True, I understand broguing adds a level of informality, I'm just not a big fan of the added embellishments. A plain toe blucher is phenomenal in its simplicity, though. The "distant future" works for me haha, hope you give it more consideration!
Beatlegeuse's suit in 7089 looks fantastic... that might have to be my next suit.post #2200 of 53134/11/13 at 10:26ampost #2201 of 53134/11/13 at 10:41amQuote:
I've noticed this as well and have also been wondering about it. I hope the manufacturer is the same, as I love Kent's suits and have an MTM on the way, and I also won the free suit contest from Tiberias. As nice as KW's suits are, I'd be more than happy if Tiberias uses the same maker. I can post a review and comparison between the two, though it will be a couple months 'til I have both. In the meantime, hopefully someone can share some definitive insight.post #2202 of 53134/11/13 at 11:48amQuote:
Good question. Someone in another thread pointed out a fabric swatch book from Proper Suit that looked similar to some of KW's S/S fabrics. I suspect there are a few manufacturers who are better at servicing the smaller operations.post #2203 of 53134/11/13 at 12:15pmpost #2204 of 53134/11/13 at 1:02pm
I actually spotted the look book, with fabrics, in a local store in Sweden. When I talked to the store owner he told me that the European distributor for these MTM-suits is a Dutch company but the manufacturing actually takes place in China. Further to this I've heard rumors (not at all from a trustworthy source) that the same factory actually supplies Suit Supply with their suits according to their specs.
Would be interesting to learn more about this.post #2205 of 53134/11/13 at 2:28pm
Good fit m8.Quote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
Here is my KW MTM suit in action. I took a dozen pics in my office but this one is about as good as it gets cause the lighting in my office sux and my timer is short. Maybe I need to fire my photographer. But it's something to look at since people are requesting pictures.
I chose soft shoulders, standard lapels, double vents, working button holes, limited pick stitching, 1.5" pant cuff. Overall I'm pleased. For my next order I'll probably take out the jacket waist a little, add another cm or so to length, and make a small tweak to the collar height.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 1 minute ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?