Welp, that basically sealed the deal on me eventually getting the brown herringbone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 144post #2146 of 53103/21/13 at 4:55pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2147 of 53103/21/13 at 5:35pmpost #2148 of 53103/21/13 at 6:12pmpost #2149 of 53103/21/13 at 9:36pmpost #2150 of 53103/22/13 at 8:33amQuote:Originally Posted by kmitch101
There is a picture somewhere in the thread that better shows the true color of the lavender polo. I also own it and it's a bit lighter/paler than on the website. It's possible the yellow could be a more toned down shade as well, but that would just be a guess unless someone else who has purchased it can comment.
The yellow is VERY yellow...I am kinda hoping that it fades. Probably wouldn't buy again. I have the grey and it is probably my favorite. Lavender is a great color too. I have green also.
My recs if i were buying again: grey, navy, white, baby blue, lavenderpost #2151 of 53103/22/13 at 11:12amQuote:
I also wouldn't mind a tan colored polo. I'd also go for a gunmetal/mid grey type color as well.Quote:
Thanks for the info on the yellow. Glad I didn't go on my assumption. I would have considered it if it were more pastel/pale.post #2152 of 53103/22/13 at 11:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Goodman
I was at the trunk show and had a chance to try on the polos. Normally I would purchase a large but I sized up to XL for Kent's polos. The Large was tight around the armhole and body. Not crazy tight but enough that moving up to the XL was an easy decision as any shrinkage in the Large would equal a fail for me. I actually purchased the navy long sleeve polo from Kent at the trunk show and just received 3 short sleeve polos and 1 more long sleeve polo today which I order from the site Friday afternoon. Pretty quick turnaround.
Granted, I am in Dallas, but he ships often the same day and I get the items very fast.post #2153 of 53103/22/13 at 1:00pmpost #2154 of 53103/22/13 at 4:17pmpost #2155 of 53103/22/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
Any way I can persuade you to take a picture of the pocket square in action. It is hard for me to visualize the actual execution of the square.post #2156 of 53103/23/13 at 1:23pmQuote:
Ditto, let's see them in action if possible. Kind of wish Kent would post these ancient madders in action on the site.post #2157 of 53103/23/13 at 1:54pmpost #2158 of 53103/23/13 at 2:40pmpost #2159 of 53103/23/13 at 3:42pmpost #2160 of 53103/23/13 at 5:08pmThread Starter
Some photos from the New York trunk show
Customer RF. Fabric 7060. Soft shoulder.
Customer AK. Fabric 101053. Standard shoulder.
Me. Discontinued tweed fabric. Soft shoulder
Kent Wang burgundy linen tie
Kent Wang linen/cotton shirt
Kent Wang Lindisfarne Gospels pocket square
Kent Wang benchgrade captoe balmoral dark brown
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 21 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 25 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 26 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 27 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...