or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 143

post #2131 of 4236
After a long delay, I finally received my trial suit trousers today. Comments on the pics are welcome! These are size 36, and as anticipated, they will need some adjustments. The waist is a bit loose, and I think the seat and thighs need to be let out. I also plan to opt for pleated trousers on my MTM suit.




post #2132 of 4236

recommend my next polo: i have navy and burgundy rugbys and polos. looking for some short sleeve for the summer. im thinking the grey is much nicer than the picture on the site would lead me to believe as i think i saw a pic of kent in the grey one on his flickr or maybe just a google image search...

 

black is too close to my navy one. the yellow is too bright. the green seems amazing but not sure for my next one. the white will get filthy knowing me. lavender?...not sure i can pull of lavender. i wish there was a hunter green. i'd grab that in a heartbeat. im leaning towards grey. anything i should consider ahead of grey?

http://www.kentwang.com/polos/polo-grey.html

post #2133 of 4236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

After a long delay, I finally received my trial suit trousers today. Comments on the pics are welcome! These are size 36, and as anticipated, they will need some adjustments. The waist is a bit loose, and I think the seat and thighs need to be let out. I also plan to opt for pleated trousers on my MTM suit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




After spending some more time with the trial trousers and comparing them to my best fitting trousers, I came up with the following adjustments:

- Waist taken in 2cm
- Increase rise 2cm (front and back together)
- Seat out 2cm
- Thighs out 2cm
- Knees out 1cm
- Leg opening increased 0.75cm

I have zero experience with ordering MTM pants, so I hope these work out. Basically, I'm looking for a more traditional trouser fit, with a higher rise, overall looser fit, cleaner drape, etc., as compared to the rather slim and modern fit of the trousers as is. As I mentioned previously, I'll be opting for pleats on my MTM trousers, and will have them hemmed by a local tailor with a 1.75" cuff.

I've emailed Kent these adjustments and I'll be curious to hear his input. Any other input is appreciated as well!
post #2134 of 4236
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonsh View Post

recommend my next polo: i have navy and burgundy rugbys and polos. looking for some short sleeve for the summer. im thinking the grey is much nicer than the picture on the site would lead me to believe as i think i saw a pic of kent in the grey one on his flickr or maybe just a google image search...

 

black is too close to my navy one. the yellow is too bright. the green seems amazing but not sure for my next one. the white will get filthy knowing me. lavender?...not sure i can pull of lavender. i wish there was a hunter green. i'd grab that in a heartbeat. im leaning towards grey. anything i should consider ahead of grey?

http://www.kentwang.com/polos/polo-grey.html

 


There is a picture somewhere in the thread that better shows the true color of the lavender polo. I also own it and it's a bit lighter/paler than on the website. It's possible the yellow could be a more toned down shade as well, but that would just be a guess unless someone else who has purchased it can comment.

post #2135 of 4236
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonsh View Post

recommend my next polo: i have navy and burgundy rugbys and polos. looking for some short sleeve for the summer. im thinking the grey is much nicer than the picture on the site would lead me to believe as i think i saw a pic of kent in the grey one on his flickr or maybe just a google image search...

 

black is too close to my navy one. the yellow is too bright. the green seems amazing but not sure for my next one. the white will get filthy knowing me. lavender?...not sure i can pull of lavender. i wish there was a hunter green. i'd grab that in a heartbeat. im leaning towards grey. anything i should consider ahead of grey?

http://www.kentwang.com/polos/polo-grey.html

I have the white and grey and love them. Two different materials though. The white is a denser knit, while the grey is pretty thin. They both wear great and I wear them frequently. I recently picked up a Navy and will likely get crimson or a stripe next w/some rugbys. There should be a picture of me in white a few pages back.

post #2136 of 4236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I think the pics I posted a few days ago showcase the fabric pretty well. Looks like a standard navy indoors, but the color pops and it looks brighter under direct sunlight.

Yeah I really liked the color and thought I would go with the same fabric given that I was looking for a navy solid anyway. Was the price the standard $750?

post #2137 of 4236
^ yup, price was $750 as this was a standard fabric.
post #2138 of 4236
Thread Starter 

8573524561_ff8a95bc96.jpg

 

I made a three-piece suit for my friend's wedding. 7086 fabric, everything else standard.

 

Glen plaid wedding tie for the groom, shepherd's check for me and the other groomsmen.

post #2139 of 4236
$75 credit for $50 in my sig shog[1].gif
post #2140 of 4236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post

8573524561_ff8a95bc96.jpg

I made a three-piece suit for my friend's wedding. 7086 fabric, everything else standard.

Glen plaid wedding tie for the groom, shepherd's check for me and the other groomsmen.

how about the jacket you're wearing? that's tight
post #2141 of 4236
Thread Starter 

It's a tweed, no longer available since it's seasonal.

post #2142 of 4236
You were wearing that at the trunk show, right? It looked pretty awesome, although way too warm for me to wear pretty much ever.
post #2143 of 4236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post

You were wearing that at the trunk show, right? It looked pretty awesome, although way too warm for me to wear pretty much ever.

Yeah, I asked about it at the trunk show too... I must have been through those books a million times when picking.
post #2144 of 4236

Are the light brown chukka boots shown at the trunk show the same as the ones for sale on the website?  Really like the light brown as opposed to the dark and did not know if this was just the picture or actual color. 
 

post #2145 of 4236

Kent,

 

Have you ever considered a tan or camel polo? I've recently been wearing tan sweaters and sportcoats with white jeans during transitional months, and I'd love to be able to wear the same combination in the summer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread