or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 133

post #1981 of 4476

I received my Medium Navy Polo today. It fits perfectly. I do see what might be an issue with the button holes, though. I would appreciate some feedback on whether this is no big deal, or if I should send the shirt back for another. I have no problem clipping these loose threads, but I don't want the button holes to fall apart on me after washing them either.

 

 

post #1982 of 4476
I just realized I haven't used my UD code for KW yet, and it expires March 3! I was hoping to put it towards my 2nd MTM suit, but I don't know if I can afford that right now. So if I don't splurge for the suit, I might just pick up a few ties and pocket squares. Does anyone own the brown cashmere tie? I don't have any brown ties and it seems like it would be a perfect complement to a navy blazer.
post #1983 of 4476

Kent, do you have any idea when you'll be shipping backordered Unicorn and Cellarius squares?  I ordered mine in mid-January, and I'm very eager to try them out.

post #1984 of 4476
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

I received my Medium Navy Polo today. It fits perfectly. I do see what might be an issue with the button holes, though. I would appreciate some feedback on whether this is no big deal, or if I should send the shirt back for another. I have no problem clipping these loose threads, but I don't want the button holes to fall apart on me after washing them either.

 

Sorry, that shouldn't have passed inspection. You can snip the threads. I'll give you a one year warranty on this shirt. If it falls apart within a year we'll replace it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeteArborem View Post

Kent, do you have any idea when you'll be shipping backordered Unicorn and Cellarius squares?  I ordered mine in mid-January, and I'm very eager to try them out.

There has been a delay at the printer so now we're looking at late March. There will be several exciting new designs in at that time as well.

post #1985 of 4476
there are often a few loose threads that get missed after buttonholes are cut.
the factory has used white lining.
take a black permanent marker/sharpie and go over the buttonholes.
post #1986 of 4476
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

I have a Kent Wang bi-color tie that I LOVE. Would you mind taking a side-by-side comparison? Maybe with some light from the back end?...

I'd be very grateful! 

My apologies. I took them out to take a pic. They are both HY. The KW tie I have is a grenadine. Both still excellent brands though.
post #1987 of 4476
I went a little nuts with the prints and ordered the Cellarius, Lindisfarne Gospels, Elijah Burritt, and Great Wave squares back in December. Got the Cellarius right away and was the one I was least excited about. Now that I've had it for 2 months or so, however, it's become probably my favorite square...it'll be worth the wait (just hoping I'll say the same about the great wave...)
post #1988 of 4476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I just realized I haven't used my UD code for KW yet, and it expires March 3! I was hoping to put it towards my 2nd MTM suit, but I don't know if I can afford that right now. So if I don't splurge for the suit, I might just pick up a few ties and pocket squares. Does anyone own the brown cashmere tie? I don't have any brown ties and it seems like it would be a perfect complement to a navy blazer.

I thought Kent said that the UD codes wouldn't expire?
post #1989 of 4476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

I thought Kent said that the UD codes wouldn't expire?

I think he originally said this, but then came back later and confirmed that they expire on the date stated by UD, which is in 2 days now
post #1990 of 4476


Do I spy a previously unseen briefcase and portfolio at the trunk show?
post #1991 of 4476
Quote:
Originally Posted by prozach1576 View Post



Do I spy a previously unseen briefcase and portfolio at the trunk show?

 

How convenient, just as I was beginning to turn my attention to briefcases...

post #1992 of 4476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post

Sorry, that shouldn't have passed inspection. You can snip the threads. I'll give you a one year warranty on this shirt. If it falls apart within a year we'll replace it.

 

Would it be possible to just return this shirt for another? I'd rather not wait for it to fall apart if it should never have passed inspection.

post #1993 of 4476
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

Would it be possible to just return this shirt for another? I'd rather not wait for it to fall apart if it should never have passed inspection.
there is nothing wrong with the shirt..
as i mentioned earlier snipers or cuticle scissors will clean up the buttonhole.
a loose thread or to around a button hole is common
post #1994 of 4476
Thread Starter 

Shirtmaven: Thanks. I saw one of your customers at the trunk show today.

 

We accept returns for any reason, so feel free to exchange it if you like. Please email sales@kentwang.com

post #1995 of 4476
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

Would it be possible to just return this shirt for another? I'd rather not wait for it to fall apart if it should never have passed inspection.

+1 for Kent's customer service, he'll take care of you, but honestly you're fine. Listen to Shirtmaven -- he knows what he's talking about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread