or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 131

post #1951 of 4388
Just got my trial suit jacket, and this thing is amazing! Fit is nearly perfect and I'll only need to make minor adjustments such as shortening the sleeves, waist in just a tad, etc. Overall, very impressed and I'm eager for the MTM product!

Pics of the trial jacket to come. Still waiting on delivery of the pants (another customer had the trial pair in my size) and fabric swatches.
post #1952 of 4388
Hey Kent - I was hoping to stop by the trunk show this weekend, but I just wanted to pop in and check things out in person, no idea if I'll be buying anything. Do I need to RSVP for a specific time? I don't want to waste your time by taking up a time slot if I'm not definitely going to buy something. If it's more just to get a sense of when people will be stopping by then I'm happy to do it.
post #1953 of 4388
Okay, here's a quick pic of the trial jacket right out of the box (hence all the wrinkling). I'll take more pictures later.

post #1954 of 4388
Wow, I don't think it's possible to get much of a better fit than that on a trial jacket. You will definitely see some great results with the full MTM process.
post #1955 of 4388
it's hard to tell without side and back pics, but I don't think the waist should come in any more. too close fitting waists are #1 cause of distorted jacket lines and drape.
post #1956 of 4388

Pics taken further away would help too.  RDiaz is correct about close fitting waists, but I do think this one could potentially be supressed 1-1.5cm.

 

Shoulders and sleeves look very good!

post #1957 of 4388

Flyswatter -- I'm curious, did you order you normal jacket size or size up? I normally wear a 42R, but I suspect Kent's 42R will be a little snug, as the chest measurement is 1/2" smaller than my closest fitting jacket (possibility for measurement error on my part notwithstanding, of course). If I size up though, the length and shoulder width will be too much. 

 

Regardless, that looks pretty damn good. I'm looking forward to having the funds available to jump into a KW MTM suit :)

post #1958 of 4388

Kent Wang maroon pin-dot 6-fold today.

 

post #1959 of 4388
I have both the maroon and navy pindots. They are beautiful ties and two of my most-worn.
post #1960 of 4388
Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone! The pic I posted was just a teaser, really. I'll have better pics taken of front, back, and sides, and from a further distance and hopefully with better lighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Wow, I don't think it's possible to get much of a better fit than that on a trial jacket. You will definitely see some great results with the full MTM process.

Thanks! I'm definitely happy with the fit of the trial jacket, and in fact it was better than I imagined it would be. Still, I'll see what Kent says about adjustments once I send him proper pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

it's hard to tell without side and back pics, but I don't think the waist should come in any more. too close fitting waists are #1 cause of distorted jacket lines and drape.

Good point. If I have it brought in at all, it won't be by much. I do think the back of the jacket is just a tad baggy, and I'll be curious to hear comments after I post back/side pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

Pics taken further away would help too.  RDiaz is correct about close fitting waists, but I do think this one could potentially be supressed 1-1.5cm.

Shoulders and sleeves look very good!

Thanks! When you say the sleeves look good, are you referring to the top near the shoulder, or the length? Because I definitely think the sleeves need to be shortened to show some cuff. Left needs to be shortened more than the right, as my right arm is slightly longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katabatic View Post

Flyswatter -- I'm curious, did you order you normal jacket size or size up? I normally wear a 42R, but I suspect Kent's 42R will be a little snug, as the chest measurement is 1/2" smaller than my closest fitting jacket (possibility for measurement error on my part notwithstanding, of course). If I size up though, the length and shoulder width will be too much. 

Regardless, that looks pretty damn good. I'm looking forward to having the funds available to jump into a KW MTM suit smile.gif

I ordered a 44R from Kent, which is my usual jacket size, although I can sometimes wear a 42 depending on the cut. My actual chest measurement best as I can tell (measuring myself) is between 43 and 44 inches, around the fullest part of my chest. For further reference, I'm 5'11" with shoes on, and weigh about 190 lbs. Kent's jacket isn't as aggressively slim as I'd imagined it would be--and that's a good thing, as I'd feared the fit might be off in the chest or shoulders. Turns out, the cut is great on me. If you normally wear a 42, that's what I'd try first from Kent. If it's wrong, you can always send it back and try the 44 trial jacket before going MTM.

Other thoughts on the jacket: the construction seems amazing. This will be my first fully canvased jacket, and it feels and drapes very nicely. I initially thought I'd go with a natural or soft shoulder, but after seeing the standard shoulder on the trial jacket, I think I'll stick with that. The padding is thinner than most OTR jackets I've tried, and is more how I imagined the "soft" shoulder option to be. As for other changes on my MTM jacket, I'll be opting for 4.5 inch lapels, "limited" as opposed to "extensive" pick stitching, and I'll be going with a mid gray fabric. Deciding between 102701, 7064, and 101037. I'll wait to see swatches before making my mind up. Also would like to drop the button stance, possibly 1.5 or 2cm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al in Philly View Post

Kent Wang maroon pin-dot 6-fold today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Looks great! How do you like the six-fold? I'm considering one of Kent's blue w/ flowers ties.
post #1961 of 4388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Sizing info (Click to show)

I ordered a 44R from Kent, which is my usual jacket size, although I can sometimes wear a 42 depending on the cut. My actual chest measurement best as I can tell (measuring myself) is between 43 and 44 inches, around the fullest part of my chest. For further reference, I'm 5'11" with shoes on, and weigh about 190 lbs. Kent's jacket isn't as aggressively slim as I'd imagined it would be--and that's a good thing, as I'd feared the fit might be off in the chest or shoulders. Turns out, the cut is great on me. If you normally wear a 42, that's what I'd try first from Kent. If it's wrong, you can always send it back and try the 44 trial jacket before going MTM.

 

 

Thanks a lot - that's really helpful info. We're actually fairly close to the same size (same height & weight, and my chest usually measures 43" (I should double-check that, I recently lost a bunch of weight), I guess I have a deep chest relative to my shoulder width, as whenever I put on a 44 the shoulders are too wide. The Zegna & Isaia  52s I was lucky enough to score recently fit me pretty well. 

post #1962 of 4388
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftiger View Post

Hey Kent - I was hoping to stop by the trunk show this weekend, but I just wanted to pop in and check things out in person, no idea if I'll be buying anything. Do I need to RSVP for a specific time? I don't want to waste your time by taking up a time slot if I'm not definitely going to buy something. If it's more just to get a sense of when people will be stopping by then I'm happy to do it.

When I initially RSVPed I wasn't necessarily going to buy anything (I didn't think it was a requisite), but wanted to see the products in person. I received some cash as a gift for a custom shirt for the holidays though so I will probably be getting one done by Kent. The gifter was thinking Pink, but I thought of this and will probably do it this way instead.
post #1963 of 4388
Thread Starter 

The trunk show rsvps are just so that I can have a rough idea of when people are coming. They're not like appointments. So feel free to drop by whenever. No pressure to buy anything.

 

If anyone would like to get drinks and/or dinner with me and fellow customers, come by around 6:30 pm on any of the days and we can go to one of the numerous excellent nearby East Village bars after I lock up at 7 pm.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourArsenal View Post

Will the sneakers ever be available in bigger sizes, or is it possible to special order larger sizes?
EDIT: Uh never mind I just saw it says on the site size 10 and up will be available in spring. How high will they go? 12? 13?

This first run will have up to size 12. Size 13 might be in the summer.

post #1964 of 4388
Okay, here are some more pics of the trial jacket. First set taken during the day with natural light coming through the window, second set at night under artificial light. I know these pics aren't the greatest, but they're probably about the best I can do right now. Also, please excuse the crappy college apartment couch in the background. wink.gif

Set 1:








Set 2:






Thoughts? I'll send these to Kent as well. Seems to be a bit of wrinkling at the back of the right sleeve, as well as a little bit across the back. I assume this can be taken care of with very minor adjustments, though I'm not overly concerned about it. Waist good, or in just a tad?

Once again, overall I'm pretty happy with the fit of the trial jacket, but I welcome all opinions.
post #1965 of 4388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post

Thanks! When you say the sleeves look good, are you referring to the top near the shoulder, or the length? Because I definitely think the sleeves need to be shortened to show some cuff. Left needs to be shortened more than the right, as my right arm is slightly longer.
 
Looks great! How do you like the six-fold? I'm considering one of Kent's blue w/ flowers ties.

The sleeves are very close.  They need to be shortened, and you have the same issue I do - My right arm is 1cm longer than my left. 

 

The tie is excellent, it has great drape.  The blue flower tie is an excellent choice and wearable in most all situations.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread