or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 129

post #1921 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCcolocV View Post

For those that have the brown cap-toe, are they being used strictly as office shoes? I already own the pair and wear it in the office, trying to figure out if I can ever wear them casually with jeans or if they are too sleek.

 

I won't wear mine with jeans. For my taste, it's too dressy a shoe for jeans.

post #1922 of 4255
Studs got here barely in time for my event last night.

They look great, but pop off far too easily. Do you think they'll stay together better if I solder the links shut?
post #1923 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by topos View Post

I won't wear mine with jeans. For my taste, it's too dressy a shoe for jeans.

Fully agree.
post #1924 of 4255

Get the chukkas if you want something that can be worn in office and casually.

post #1925 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by topos View Post

I won't wear mine with jeans. For my taste, it's too dressy a shoe for jeans.

I agree with this as well. I only wear my KW brown cap toes in a dressy environment. They wouldn't match very well with jeans IMO.
post #1926 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becon View Post

Are there any pictures of a 3-roll-2 with narrow lapels from Kent floating around? I'm a shorter guy and I'm considering a 3-2 or 3-2.5 as a way to kind of cheat and lower the button stance to make myself look taller. Plus I like that softer roll of the lapel. Not an option you see often on RTW suits so I've never tried one on.

Does the 3-roll-2 change the button stance at all? I thought the second button of a 3-roll-2 is in the same place as the top button would be on a regular 2-button suit.
post #1927 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becon View Post

Are there any pictures of a 3-roll-2 with narrow lapels from Kent floating around? I'm a shorter guy and I'm considering a 3-2 or 3-2.5 as a way to kind of cheat and lower the button stance to make myself look taller. Plus I like that softer roll of the lapel. Not an option you see often on RTW suits so I've never tried one on.

I wouldn't do the narrow lapel... and I believe you can lower the button stance up to 3.5cm.
post #1928 of 4255
Here's a 3-roll-2 with wide lapels. Button stance lowered, and I'm a short guy.
post #1929 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

Here's a 3-roll-2 with wide lapels. Button stance lowered, and I'm a short guy.

That looks good. The wide lapel is definitely the way to go.
post #1930 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

Here's a 3-roll-2 with wide lapels. Button stance lowered, and I'm a short guy.
Is this wide lapel wider than the standard or is it just not narrow?
post #1931 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Is this wide lapel wider than the standard or is it just not narrow?

Looks like the wide (4.5 inch) lapel option. It's what I'll be opting for on my MTM suit from Kent. Standard is 3.5 inch.
post #1932 of 4255
By the way, I assume that's an odd jacket given the patch pockets and lack of matching trousers in the pic? Looks nice. If all goes well with my MTM suit, I'll probably commission a navy blue odd jacket sometime down the road.
post #1933 of 4255
yywwyy, that looks fantastic.
post #1934 of 4255
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

Here's a 3-roll-2 with wide lapels. Button stance lowered, and I'm a short guy.

Looks great! What shoulder option did you go with?
post #1935 of 4255

Looks awesome, liking the wide lapels, what's the rest of the details/options?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread