International shipping for a suit is only $26 with USPS first class. You'll have to pay for that three times (back and forth for the trial suit, and once for the final suit). Factor that in and it'll still be cheaper than alterations, and certainly cheaper than any other equivalent quality suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 3/16/15 at 4:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 125post #1861 of 47092/16/13 at 7:23amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1862 of 47092/16/13 at 7:41ampost #1863 of 47092/16/13 at 10:05ampost #1864 of 47092/16/13 at 10:19amQuote:Originally Posted by kasakka
Some of the Spring/Summer '13 fabrics look fantastic.
However, how much can be altered on your jackets? For example I would like a low buttoning point where the top button sits somewhere between the two buttons on the current design and a slightly lower gorge as well. Is this possible?
Button stance can be lowered. I did it on both of my MTM suits, which I have photos of on this thread.post #1865 of 47092/16/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
For what it's worth, I feel like the standard suit length is already pretty short. I had my MTM suit shortened an inch based off the measurements on Kent's site and my favorite suit and I probably won't have it shortened the next time around. I think it'd be worthwhile to try out the trial suit.post #1866 of 47092/16/13 at 2:25pmpost #1867 of 47092/17/13 at 12:24pmpost #1868 of 47092/18/13 at 5:22amThread Starter
New swatch books
I'm working on photographing all the swatches individually and then importing them to the website, but this may take a few months. In the meantime, have a look at these photos. We can mail you swatches when you order the trial suit. You can return the swatches together with the trial suit.
Ariston Four Seasons 1
Ariston Four Seasons 2
Jacketing & Trousers
Gladson Cotton Linen
Gladson Luxury 4
Gladson Luxury 5
Gladson Luxury 6
I'll have a 46 with 40 trousers in about a month.Quote:
Buttoning point can be adjusted, but gorge cannot. The gorge is pretty much the only major thing that cannot be adjusted.post #1869 of 47092/18/13 at 5:27ampost #1870 of 47092/18/13 at 7:11ampost #1871 of 47092/18/13 at 7:39amAnyone wanna educate me on the Zegna Cool Effect fabrics? Are they strictly a summer fabric, or do they work OK in colder temperatures as well? I remember reading about it on PG's blog way back, and from my understanding, the reason they stay cool is some kind of treatment that makes it reflect sunlight – which again leads me to believe that it wouldn't necessarily feel cold in lower temperatures?post #1872 of 47092/18/13 at 7:40ampost #1873 of 47092/18/13 at 8:07amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by YourArsenal
Anyone wanna educate me on the Zegna Cool Effect fabrics? Are they strictly a summer fabric, or do they work OK in colder temperatures as well? I remember reading about it on PG's blog way back, and from my understanding, the reason they stay cool is some kind of treatment that makes it reflect sunlight – which again leads me to believe that it wouldn't necessarily feel cold in lower temperatures?
Yes, that's how it works. So keep in mind that it only works if you're in sunlight. It doesn't work in shade, indoors, or against humidity.
My general advice is to get more spring/summer weight suits. When winter comes, just add more layers.Quote:
Yes, there will be a full range of trial suits, shirts, polos and suit swatches at the New York trunk show.Quote:We only carry the trial suit in regular lengths. To stock short and long lengths would require much more inventory. For a MTM order, it's very easy to adjust the length.post #1874 of 47092/18/13 at 8:51ampost #1875 of 47092/18/13 at 1:01pm
I wanted to ask in this thread what you think about my shoulder measurements. Since this photo was taken, I've lost about two pounds so the waist is no longer tight, rather a bit roomy but the shoulder's the same. I can't really decide, they feel good and the movement is fine but I keep thinking I could have gone for maybe 1 cm wider, or this is what I'm asking this thread for.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers CHALLENGE Thread 13/Mar/15 - 30/Mar/15 just now
- › FRIDAY (really Saturday) CHALLENGE: March 28th: 50 Shades of Black Tie 19 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 9 minutes ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 13 minutes ago
- › Schott 740C Peacoat Size 38 - Like New, Barely worn. 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...