International shipping for a suit is only $26 with USPS first class. You'll have to pay for that three times (back and forth for the trial suit, and once for the final suit). Factor that in and it'll still be cheaper than alterations, and certainly cheaper than any other equivalent quality suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 1:00 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 6/28/15 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on 7/3/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 125post #1861 of 48452/16/13 at 7:23amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1862 of 48452/16/13 at 7:41ampost #1863 of 48452/16/13 at 10:05ampost #1864 of 48452/16/13 at 10:19amQuote:Originally Posted by kasakka
Some of the Spring/Summer '13 fabrics look fantastic.
However, how much can be altered on your jackets? For example I would like a low buttoning point where the top button sits somewhere between the two buttons on the current design and a slightly lower gorge as well. Is this possible?
Button stance can be lowered. I did it on both of my MTM suits, which I have photos of on this thread.post #1865 of 48452/16/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
For what it's worth, I feel like the standard suit length is already pretty short. I had my MTM suit shortened an inch based off the measurements on Kent's site and my favorite suit and I probably won't have it shortened the next time around. I think it'd be worthwhile to try out the trial suit.post #1866 of 48452/16/13 at 2:25pmpost #1867 of 48452/17/13 at 12:24pmpost #1868 of 48452/18/13 at 5:22amThread Starter
New swatch books
I'm working on photographing all the swatches individually and then importing them to the website, but this may take a few months. In the meantime, have a look at these photos. We can mail you swatches when you order the trial suit. You can return the swatches together with the trial suit.
Ariston Four Seasons 1
Ariston Four Seasons 2
Jacketing & Trousers
Gladson Cotton Linen
Gladson Luxury 4
Gladson Luxury 5
Gladson Luxury 6
I'll have a 46 with 40 trousers in about a month.Quote:
Buttoning point can be adjusted, but gorge cannot. The gorge is pretty much the only major thing that cannot be adjusted.post #1869 of 48452/18/13 at 5:27ampost #1870 of 48452/18/13 at 7:11ampost #1871 of 48452/18/13 at 7:39amAnyone wanna educate me on the Zegna Cool Effect fabrics? Are they strictly a summer fabric, or do they work OK in colder temperatures as well? I remember reading about it on PG's blog way back, and from my understanding, the reason they stay cool is some kind of treatment that makes it reflect sunlight – which again leads me to believe that it wouldn't necessarily feel cold in lower temperatures?post #1872 of 48452/18/13 at 7:40ampost #1873 of 48452/18/13 at 8:07amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by YourArsenal
Anyone wanna educate me on the Zegna Cool Effect fabrics? Are they strictly a summer fabric, or do they work OK in colder temperatures as well? I remember reading about it on PG's blog way back, and from my understanding, the reason they stay cool is some kind of treatment that makes it reflect sunlight – which again leads me to believe that it wouldn't necessarily feel cold in lower temperatures?
Yes, that's how it works. So keep in mind that it only works if you're in sunlight. It doesn't work in shade, indoors, or against humidity.
My general advice is to get more spring/summer weight suits. When winter comes, just add more layers.Quote:
Yes, there will be a full range of trial suits, shirts, polos and suit swatches at the New York trunk show.Quote:We only carry the trial suit in regular lengths. To stock short and long lengths would require much more inventory. For a MTM order, it's very easy to adjust the length.post #1874 of 48452/18/13 at 8:51ampost #1875 of 48452/18/13 at 1:01pm
I wanted to ask in this thread what you think about my shoulder measurements. Since this photo was taken, I've lost about two pounds so the waist is no longer tight, rather a bit roomy but the shoulder's the same. I can't really decide, they feel good and the movement is fine but I keep thinking I could have gone for maybe 1 cm wider, or this is what I'm asking this thread for.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Thom Browne 43 seconds ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 3 minutes ago
- › Buy sunken metal toe taps 4 minutes ago
- › A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome) 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 14 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...