International shipping for a suit is only $26 with USPS first class. You'll have to pay for that three times (back and forth for the trial suit, and once for the final suit). Factor that in and it'll still be cheaper than alterations, and certainly cheaper than any other equivalent quality suit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 2:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 125post #1861 of 42352/16/13 at 7:23amThread Starter
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #1862 of 42352/16/13 at 7:41ampost #1863 of 42352/16/13 at 10:05ampost #1864 of 42352/16/13 at 10:19amQuote:Originally Posted by kasakka
Some of the Spring/Summer '13 fabrics look fantastic.
However, how much can be altered on your jackets? For example I would like a low buttoning point where the top button sits somewhere between the two buttons on the current design and a slightly lower gorge as well. Is this possible?
Button stance can be lowered. I did it on both of my MTM suits, which I have photos of on this thread.post #1865 of 42352/16/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
For what it's worth, I feel like the standard suit length is already pretty short. I had my MTM suit shortened an inch based off the measurements on Kent's site and my favorite suit and I probably won't have it shortened the next time around. I think it'd be worthwhile to try out the trial suit.post #1866 of 42352/16/13 at 2:25pmpost #1867 of 42352/17/13 at 12:24pmpost #1868 of 42352/18/13 at 5:22amThread Starter
New swatch books
I'm working on photographing all the swatches individually and then importing them to the website, but this may take a few months. In the meantime, have a look at these photos. We can mail you swatches when you order the trial suit. You can return the swatches together with the trial suit.
Ariston Four Seasons 1
Ariston Four Seasons 2
Jacketing & Trousers
Gladson Cotton Linen
Gladson Luxury 4
Gladson Luxury 5
Gladson Luxury 6
I'll have a 46 with 40 trousers in about a month.Quote:
Buttoning point can be adjusted, but gorge cannot. The gorge is pretty much the only major thing that cannot be adjusted.post #1869 of 42352/18/13 at 5:27ampost #1870 of 42352/18/13 at 7:11ampost #1871 of 42352/18/13 at 7:39amAnyone wanna educate me on the Zegna Cool Effect fabrics? Are they strictly a summer fabric, or do they work OK in colder temperatures as well? I remember reading about it on PG's blog way back, and from my understanding, the reason they stay cool is some kind of treatment that makes it reflect sunlight – which again leads me to believe that it wouldn't necessarily feel cold in lower temperatures?post #1872 of 42352/18/13 at 7:40ampost #1873 of 42352/18/13 at 8:07amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by YourArsenal
Anyone wanna educate me on the Zegna Cool Effect fabrics? Are they strictly a summer fabric, or do they work OK in colder temperatures as well? I remember reading about it on PG's blog way back, and from my understanding, the reason they stay cool is some kind of treatment that makes it reflect sunlight – which again leads me to believe that it wouldn't necessarily feel cold in lower temperatures?
Yes, that's how it works. So keep in mind that it only works if you're in sunlight. It doesn't work in shade, indoors, or against humidity.
My general advice is to get more spring/summer weight suits. When winter comes, just add more layers.Quote:
Yes, there will be a full range of trial suits, shirts, polos and suit swatches at the New York trunk show.Quote:We only carry the trial suit in regular lengths. To stock short and long lengths would require much more inventory. For a MTM order, it's very easy to adjust the length.post #1874 of 42352/18/13 at 8:51ampost #1875 of 42352/18/13 at 1:01pm
I wanted to ask in this thread what you think about my shoulder measurements. Since this photo was taken, I've lost about two pounds so the waist is no longer tight, rather a bit roomy but the shoulder's the same. I can't really decide, they feel good and the movement is fine but I keep thinking I could have gone for maybe 1 cm wider, or this is what I'm asking this thread for.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Cooper Lwb's for Unionmade 6 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 12 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)