Looking forward to the tie bar and the bicolored knit tie I ordered today!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 9:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 121post #1801 of 42502/5/13 at 10:59pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #1802 of 42502/5/13 at 11:11pm
I picked up a Maroon Rugby, Navy Rugby, and Navy Polo from Kent (the navy's came separately when they were restocked last week). It's so bizarre. The two Navy's fit identically and perfectly for a size L. The Maroon however is far slimmer to the point where it highlights a little love handle I'm not too fond of. It's too late to return it as it got here a month or so ago. I just tried it on for the first time. Kinda disappointed in the discrepancy in fit but I am in love with the Navy rugby for both fit and quality and got huge compliments from people at the super bowl party i was at.post #1803 of 42502/5/13 at 11:19pmThread StarterIf there's a defect in the cut, then we'll replace it regardless of when you ordered it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.orgQuote:
Correct. The Houston warehouse is not open to the public.Quote:No, just an amateur. Maybe when I'm rich I'll open my own cocktail bar. No pocket square, no admittance.post #1804 of 42502/6/13 at 1:21ampost #1805 of 42502/6/13 at 5:34ampost #1806 of 42502/6/13 at 6:00amQuote:Originally Posted by hookem12387
I'll have my fiancee take pictures when she comes home. My wedding tux came in from Kent, and it's beautiful. There are hardly any alterations to make. Kent's eye based on the trial suit is impressive. I'll definitely be ordering further suits. I'll probably only lengthen in the future.
I would probably suggest people consider a larger lapel option if you're going with the shawl. If that's an option, that is.
Hopefully someone posts roped shoulder pictures at some point. I want to see if I can cobble together a Kent Wang, saville row style suit as my next purchase (little padding, slight roping, lower button stance, good amt of waist suppression, etc).
Pictures added (kitchen is the only place with much light). I just threw it on with the other clothes I was wearing, so pardon the shirt and shoes
This is really awesome. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!post #1807 of 42502/6/13 at 7:30ampost #1808 of 42502/7/13 at 12:13pm
Hey, I would need some help with fabric choice I was hooping that I might receive some from you guys.
I've have done the trail suit part and also received a finished suit in grey which I'm happy with, but now I want a blue/navy suit with in a formal look.
I would like the fabric to be as durable as possible without being casual. It will be worn in the office (work as a lawyer), any ideas?post #1809 of 42502/7/13 at 4:09pmThread StarterFor navy, I usually recommend 7003. A conservative shade of navy. The Basic collection fabrics are the same quality as the European ones. I only suggest the European mills if they have a color or pattern not available in Basic, which only has very conservative styles.Quote:
That's actually a tux I had made at another maker.post #1810 of 42502/7/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kent WangFor navy, I usually recommend 7003. A conservative shade of navy. The Basic collection fabrics are the same quality as the European ones. I only suggest the European mills if they have a color or pattern not available in Basic, which only has very conservative styles.
That's actually a tux I had made at another maker.
I would echo the 7003 recommendation. I received mine recently and am really happy with the fabric. In fact, I'm so happy with the suit, I'm currently trying to decide what fabric I'll use for my next two suits. Leaning toward mid-grey (102701 as suggested by Al in Philly) and a navy pinstripe. Any suggestions on a navy pinstripe?post #1811 of 42502/7/13 at 6:09pmpost #1812 of 42502/8/13 at 5:19amQuote:Originally Posted by elstinnett
I would echo the 7003 recommendation. I received mine recently and am really happy with the fabric. In fact, I'm so happy with the suit, I'm currently trying to decide what fabric I'll use for my next two suits. Leaning toward mid-grey (102701 as suggested by Al in Philly) and a navy pinstripe. Any suggestions on a navy pinstripe?
Can't go wrong with that grey.
I don't have a recommendation for pinstripe fabrics, but if you go pinstripe be adventurous and go DB.post #1813 of 42502/8/13 at 10:03ampost #1814 of 42502/8/13 at 11:09am
I'm not sure I'm a good candidate for roped shoulders. I've got prominent shoulders with no slope. I went with soft shoulders on my navy suit. I'm not sure a roped, soft shoulder would work for me. Thoughts?Quote:
I may, however, be adventurous enough to give a DB a try. I'll be seeing Kent in three weeks, so I guess I have some decisions to make!post #1815 of 42502/8/13 at 11:22am
I have a navy suit, a grey suit, a black suit, and a khaki suit. They are all 2-button, single breasted. I think my next one from Kent may be a navy pinstripe DB.
Either that or i'm going to buy a summer weight navy blazer. I'd do that in either a fresco or a very heavy linen if he has it.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Gustin Zimbabwe 34 ; Lefty 35 ; Japan Standard 35 15 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)