Looking forward to the tie bar and the bicolored knit tie I ordered today!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 1:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 6/28/15 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 4:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 4:12 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 121post #1801 of 48422/5/13 at 10:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1802 of 48422/5/13 at 11:11pm
I picked up a Maroon Rugby, Navy Rugby, and Navy Polo from Kent (the navy's came separately when they were restocked last week). It's so bizarre. The two Navy's fit identically and perfectly for a size L. The Maroon however is far slimmer to the point where it highlights a little love handle I'm not too fond of. It's too late to return it as it got here a month or so ago. I just tried it on for the first time. Kinda disappointed in the discrepancy in fit but I am in love with the Navy rugby for both fit and quality and got huge compliments from people at the super bowl party i was at.post #1803 of 48422/5/13 at 11:19pmThread StarterIf there's a defect in the cut, then we'll replace it regardless of when you ordered it. Please email email@example.comQuote:
Correct. The Houston warehouse is not open to the public.Quote:No, just an amateur. Maybe when I'm rich I'll open my own cocktail bar. No pocket square, no admittance.post #1804 of 48422/6/13 at 1:21ampost #1805 of 48422/6/13 at 5:34ampost #1806 of 48422/6/13 at 6:00amQuote:Originally Posted by hookem12387
I'll have my fiancee take pictures when she comes home. My wedding tux came in from Kent, and it's beautiful. There are hardly any alterations to make. Kent's eye based on the trial suit is impressive. I'll definitely be ordering further suits. I'll probably only lengthen in the future.
I would probably suggest people consider a larger lapel option if you're going with the shawl. If that's an option, that is.
Hopefully someone posts roped shoulder pictures at some point. I want to see if I can cobble together a Kent Wang, saville row style suit as my next purchase (little padding, slight roping, lower button stance, good amt of waist suppression, etc).
Pictures added (kitchen is the only place with much light). I just threw it on with the other clothes I was wearing, so pardon the shirt and shoes
This is really awesome. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!post #1807 of 48422/6/13 at 7:30ampost #1808 of 48422/7/13 at 12:13pm
Hey, I would need some help with fabric choice I was hooping that I might receive some from you guys.
I've have done the trail suit part and also received a finished suit in grey which I'm happy with, but now I want a blue/navy suit with in a formal look.
I would like the fabric to be as durable as possible without being casual. It will be worn in the office (work as a lawyer), any ideas?post #1809 of 48422/7/13 at 4:09pmThread StarterFor navy, I usually recommend 7003. A conservative shade of navy. The Basic collection fabrics are the same quality as the European ones. I only suggest the European mills if they have a color or pattern not available in Basic, which only has very conservative styles.Quote:
That's actually a tux I had made at another maker.post #1810 of 48422/7/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kent WangFor navy, I usually recommend 7003. A conservative shade of navy. The Basic collection fabrics are the same quality as the European ones. I only suggest the European mills if they have a color or pattern not available in Basic, which only has very conservative styles.
That's actually a tux I had made at another maker.
I would echo the 7003 recommendation. I received mine recently and am really happy with the fabric. In fact, I'm so happy with the suit, I'm currently trying to decide what fabric I'll use for my next two suits. Leaning toward mid-grey (102701 as suggested by Al in Philly) and a navy pinstripe. Any suggestions on a navy pinstripe?post #1811 of 48422/7/13 at 6:09pmpost #1812 of 48422/8/13 at 5:19amQuote:Originally Posted by elstinnett
I would echo the 7003 recommendation. I received mine recently and am really happy with the fabric. In fact, I'm so happy with the suit, I'm currently trying to decide what fabric I'll use for my next two suits. Leaning toward mid-grey (102701 as suggested by Al in Philly) and a navy pinstripe. Any suggestions on a navy pinstripe?
Can't go wrong with that grey.
I don't have a recommendation for pinstripe fabrics, but if you go pinstripe be adventurous and go DB.post #1813 of 48422/8/13 at 10:03ampost #1814 of 48422/8/13 at 11:09am
I'm not sure I'm a good candidate for roped shoulders. I've got prominent shoulders with no slope. I went with soft shoulders on my navy suit. I'm not sure a roped, soft shoulder would work for me. Thoughts?Quote:
I may, however, be adventurous enough to give a DB a try. I'll be seeing Kent in three weeks, so I guess I have some decisions to make!post #1815 of 48422/8/13 at 11:22am
I have a navy suit, a grey suit, a black suit, and a khaki suit. They are all 2-button, single breasted. I think my next one from Kent may be a navy pinstripe DB.
Either that or i'm going to buy a summer weight navy blazer. I'd do that in either a fresco or a very heavy linen if he has it.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy just now
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 seconds ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 23 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 26 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE HORWEEN SHELL CORDOVAN 8.5 eee 4 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...