I usually have US 10 (i.e. 43) in Nike but 42 (i.e. US 9) in my Common Projects. What size should you reckon I should get in the KW sneakers?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread Last post on 9/14/14 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Staple Suit: Slim-fit Handmade ~EU46/US36 *new* Last post on 10/27/12 at 8:42am in Marketplace
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
- Mezlan shoe opinion needed Last post on 8/12/11 at 3:57am in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 118
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #1757 of 44391/19/13 at 8:00pmpost #1758 of 44391/19/13 at 8:02pmQuote:
Did anyone reply to your post in the alterations thread?
Whats your total cost of shipping with all this back and forth?post #1759 of 44391/19/13 at 8:02pmpost #1760 of 44391/19/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
No one replied directly but I got some help via PM. I also went back and forth with Kent and the changes suggested were consistent. Suit is due to arrive in around three weeks and I will post pictures.
Shipping from Kent is around $16 and to Kent is about $11. The customer pays both ways.post #1761 of 44391/22/13 at 11:03amThread Starter
There was some confusion with the UrbanDaddy deal. The gift certificates actually do expire on March 23, 2013. All unused ones will be canceled and the amount you paid refunded by UrbanDaddy. If you use any amount, such as just $1, then it will never expire. You could also purchase new gift certificates with your UrbanDaddy one and the new one would never expire.
These are UrbanDaddy's terms and I was unclear on that before.Quote:
The roped shoulder has the same amount of padding as the "traditional" option but with roping.Quote:
I don't have any photos. Maybe customers will submit theirs. It's only available in regular and narrow.post #1762 of 44391/22/13 at 1:41pmThere are some questions hanging out there on process and costs and whatnot so I'll write up my story. I received a MTM suit from Kent last week. My process took about 8 weeks start to finish. I lost nearly 3 weeks because I chose the wrong size jacket and pants and had to wait for them to arrive from other people. The process was to take pictures of myself in the test garment, then email adjustments and the pictures to Kent. I'm picky but I'm not a tailor, so I was able to give exact measurements on some areas and then commentary on others. He and I had discussion about what he saw vs what I saw, and we firmed up the measurements. If I had started with the right sizes I'd say that back-and-forth would have taken about a week. It was 4 weeks and a couple days from when we confirmed the order until I received the suit.
Cost-wise, if I remember correctly, I paid Kent $16 for the original shipment plus another $16 for the finished suit. I wound up trying on 2 jackets and 2 pants, and sent those individually to others by snail mail each in a basic small package.
Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. PM me if you want more details.
A note on the pants - they are not vanity sized, the number is the number. I wear a size 32 in just about every pair of pants I have bought since high school. But I needed the 34 from KW.
@Kent - maybe in the future you could encourage your customers, or just ask nicely, if they would send in pictures of the completed project. I, too, would like to see some customizations on others, such as the various shoulder options, patch pockets, size of a peaked lapel, stuff like that. I promise that as soon as I find time I'll give you a better picture example of the soft shoulder construction on a square-shouldered guy.post #1763 of 44391/22/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
I assume, for the shawl collar, that's the same 3.5" and 2.75" width as for a notch or peak? Sounds good (just trying to avoid the ultra-skinny 2" lapel surprise I had with another MTM maker...).post #1764 of 44391/22/13 at 4:57pmQuote:
I have a navy and mid grey suit from Kent. My next one will probably be a blazer, and definitely more adventurous.post #1765 of 44391/22/13 at 6:03pmQuote:
My navy suit should arrive in a few weeks and my next two purchases (assuming I'm satisfied with the navy) will be a mid grey and a navy blazer. I'd be very interested in seeing pics/fabric choices for your mid grey if possible.post #1766 of 44391/22/13 at 7:21pmpost #1767 of 44391/22/13 at 8:32pmpost #1768 of 44391/23/13 at 11:32ampost #1769 of 44391/23/13 at 2:24pmQuote:
Not only that, but unless you are still on dial up, why would anyone not have it set to the max of 100 posts per page? I can't even imagine having to click to a new page every 15 posts.
- Kent Wang - Affiliate thread
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › The Uniqlo Thread 58 seconds ago
- › TV>>Nicholls State vs North Texas Live Streaming college football 2014 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › TV>>Norfolk State vs Buffalo Live Streaming college football 2014 2 minutes ago
- › TV>>Central Michigan vs Kansas Live Streaming college football 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › our legacy | supreme | wtaps | niketech | cavempt | religion 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › TV>>Army vs Wake Forest Live Streaming college football 2014 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)