I usually have US 10 (i.e. 43) in Nike but 42 (i.e. US 9) in my Common Projects. What size should you reckon I should get in the KW sneakers?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- brandKent Wangtagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoraltagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Pocket Squaretagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- itemKent Wang Polotagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuitstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by LA Guy, 10/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Kent Wang - Affiliate thread - Page 118post #1757 of 58801/19/13 at 8:00pmpost #1758 of 58801/19/13 at 8:02pmQuote:
Did anyone reply to your post in the alterations thread?
Whats your total cost of shipping with all this back and forth?post #1759 of 58801/19/13 at 8:02pmpost #1760 of 58801/19/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
No one replied directly but I got some help via PM. I also went back and forth with Kent and the changes suggested were consistent. Suit is due to arrive in around three weeks and I will post pictures.
Shipping from Kent is around $16 and to Kent is about $11. The customer pays both ways.post #1761 of 58801/22/13 at 11:03amThread Starter
There was some confusion with the UrbanDaddy deal. The gift certificates actually do expire on March 23, 2013. All unused ones will be canceled and the amount you paid refunded by UrbanDaddy. If you use any amount, such as just $1, then it will never expire. You could also purchase new gift certificates with your UrbanDaddy one and the new one would never expire.
These are UrbanDaddy's terms and I was unclear on that before.Quote:
The roped shoulder has the same amount of padding as the "traditional" option but with roping.Quote:
I don't have any photos. Maybe customers will submit theirs. It's only available in regular and narrow.post #1762 of 58801/22/13 at 1:41pmThere are some questions hanging out there on process and costs and whatnot so I'll write up my story. I received a MTM suit from Kent last week. My process took about 8 weeks start to finish. I lost nearly 3 weeks because I chose the wrong size jacket and pants and had to wait for them to arrive from other people. The process was to take pictures of myself in the test garment, then email adjustments and the pictures to Kent. I'm picky but I'm not a tailor, so I was able to give exact measurements on some areas and then commentary on others. He and I had discussion about what he saw vs what I saw, and we firmed up the measurements. If I had started with the right sizes I'd say that back-and-forth would have taken about a week. It was 4 weeks and a couple days from when we confirmed the order until I received the suit.
Cost-wise, if I remember correctly, I paid Kent $16 for the original shipment plus another $16 for the finished suit. I wound up trying on 2 jackets and 2 pants, and sent those individually to others by snail mail each in a basic small package.
Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. PM me if you want more details.
A note on the pants - they are not vanity sized, the number is the number. I wear a size 32 in just about every pair of pants I have bought since high school. But I needed the 34 from KW.
@Kent - maybe in the future you could encourage your customers, or just ask nicely, if they would send in pictures of the completed project. I, too, would like to see some customizations on others, such as the various shoulder options, patch pockets, size of a peaked lapel, stuff like that. I promise that as soon as I find time I'll give you a better picture example of the soft shoulder construction on a square-shouldered guy.post #1763 of 58801/22/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
I assume, for the shawl collar, that's the same 3.5" and 2.75" width as for a notch or peak? Sounds good (just trying to avoid the ultra-skinny 2" lapel surprise I had with another MTM maker...).post #1764 of 58801/22/13 at 4:57pmQuote:
I have a navy and mid grey suit from Kent. My next one will probably be a blazer, and definitely more adventurous.post #1765 of 58801/22/13 at 6:03pmQuote:
My navy suit should arrive in a few weeks and my next two purchases (assuming I'm satisfied with the navy) will be a mid grey and a navy blazer. I'd be very interested in seeing pics/fabric choices for your mid grey if possible.post #1766 of 58801/22/13 at 7:21pmpost #1767 of 58801/22/13 at 8:32pmpost #1768 of 58801/23/13 at 11:32ampost #1769 of 58801/23/13 at 2:24pmQuote:
Not only that, but unless you are still on dial up, why would anyone not have it set to the max of 100 posts per page? I can't even imagine having to click to a new page every 15 posts.post #1770 of 58801/23/13 at 2:56pm
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett Black Ribbed Wool Scarf 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RALPH LAUREN BUTTON DOWN SHIRT 17.5 3 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo Black Slim Fit Blazer Size M 5 minutes ago
- › Alfred Sargent for J Crew Double Monk Strap Leather Shoes - SZ 8 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. New Standard Black Jeans 27 Brand New 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...